“Skaket Beach Motel”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Drummondville, Canada
“Skaket Beach Motel”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We recently spent 5 nights at the Skaket Beach Motel and enjoyed our stay. It is very conveniently located off Route 6 and near conveniences. The staff was very pleasant, the room was nice and big and very clean. The cranberry muffins were outstanding. I would not hesitate to recommend this motel to my friends
Len & Danielle D.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank LeonardDesfosses

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
New York
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel 8/28-8/30/13. After I checked out, I noticed they had the mattress off the bedframe in the room I had checked out of. (#4) I didn't think much of it until on my way home, I noticed some itchy weird spots cropping up on me. At first I thought it might be hives, but after I got home, I looked up what bedbug bites look like and that's exactly what they were. I called the motel and they confirmed they saw bugs on the bedskirt of the bed, but didn't think they were bedbugs. I told them that they were, based on my bites. They were very nice at the motel, refunding the money I'd spent. Now I'm just hoping I didn't bring any home! :(

Room Tip: Stay away from Room #4!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Dawn510
skaket, Front Office Manager at Skaket Beach Motel, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
We are sorry you experienced insect bites during your Cape Cod stay. immediately after you checked out our housekeeper reported finding a tick-like insect in the room you occupied. Out of an abundance of caution we stripped the room completely and notified our exterminator who treated the room the next day. That room has been fully occupied both prior and since your stay and we have had no reports of guests experiencing insect bites. Be assured we will continue to monitor all our guest rooms on a daily basis to ensure the health and comfort of our guests.
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here for past two years, was listed under the AAA recommendations. First time we didn't know what to expect but very clean, friendly... My son loved the muffins,,, can not wait to go next year will still trying for this year... Easy access to Skatet and Nausset Beach and Great location for day trips..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Emelia V
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We have stayed here before and have never been disappointed. We made reservations for two rooms Labor Day weekend and could not have been more satisfied. We were also able to bring both dogs as they are well behaved and crated when alone. The owners are extremely pleasant and helpful as well as the staff. Coffee and muffins in the morning were very convenient. I will not hesitate to stay at this motel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveldog4
Duryea, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Skaket Beach Motel is a centrally located, clean motel with a friendly staff. This is not a resort, it's a convenient, clean motel.
Hyannis (for ferry service to Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard) is a 20 minute ride. Provincetown is a half hour ride.
Orleans has some good quality restaurants and ice cream shops.
Two beaches are minutes from the motel.
Great location for day trips on Cape Cod.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Thmunson
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was our first time to the Cape and we were happy enough with our accommodations. The room was clean and bed and pillows comfortable. I liked the big closet so we weren't tripping over our bags. The bathroom was small and lacking counter space, but it really wasn't a problem. House keeping is prompt and towels and pillow cases were changed daily. The location is central and we were able to visit many attractions without a lot of driving time. I would return for the price, but thinking we might rent a cottage right on a beach next time where we could walk onto a local private beach as well as drive to the national seashore, (but I'm sure that's much more expensive!!)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

3 Thank Amy Y
Pataskala, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The former owners were very welcoming, but the new owner was very curt and rude when we checked into the hotel. He seemed bothered that he had to stop vacuuming the lobby to wait on us. Each room receives only one key unless you ask request additional keys. At $200 per night for a basic room and unresponsive service from the owner, we will not return to the Skaket even though we have been return customers for thirty years.

Despite the renovations a few years ago, the room had many undesirable qualities. The WiFi did not work inside the room; one bar out of 5 is not reliable service. The internet service worked better outside the room where it reached 2 bars. The room was very dark; and although the TV was newer, the sound projected back to the wall instead of into the room which made the sound difficult to hear. There were serious electrical problems which were reported to the management that were not fixed during our stay.

The room was very clean, and the support staff was pleasant. The décor was horrible: the colors in the room clashed; the room had cheap furnishings, hard mattresses, and a wobbly table. The open closet lacked storage space and the blankets took up half of the space on the only shelf. There was no room to store suitcases off of the floor. The bathroom lacked a fan and A/C which made the room very humid after a shower. The bedroom A/C was very noisy and the room was either very cold or too warm. When the cleaning staff left the windows open after they cleaned, mosquitoes entered through the screens and the room was very humid because they turned off the A/C. The refrigerator did not maintain a cold temperature until it was on for 12 hours. Both ice machines at the motel were broken during our week-long stay, and we bought ice every day at the grocery store across the street. The refrigerator did not have a freezer so there was no way to freeze our ice packs for the beach cooler.

Room Tip: Find another motel that values its guests.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank stgreg241
skaket, Front Office Manager at Skaket Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
I am sorry you were dissatisfied with our motel. We take all criticisms seriously but I am confused by some of your comments. I looked up your reservation and you stayed with us only 3 nights not the week that you indicated. Additionally, your basic room charge was $159.00 not the $200.00 rate you mentioned. You also mentioned you had stayed here previously. Our computer reservation system dates back to 2000 and only shows one prior reservation in 2012 which you cancelled. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the ice machine closest to your room being out of order but the machine in the next building was working. The electrical problem you reported to me at check-out was not reported during your stay and maintenance was sent immediately to check the bathroom. They experienced nothing like what you reported and no guest either prior to your stay or since reported a similar problem. We appreciate that guests have different decorating preferences but we have received much positive feedback on our NEW décor and furnishings.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orleans
Pleasant Bay Village
SeaCoast Inn
#3 of 22 in Hyannis
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Eagle Wing Inn - Cape Cod

Been to Skaket Beach Motel? Share your experiences!