We stayed here last summer and returned for another great stay. The weather did not cooperate this year, but we still made the best of it. Our room was super-clean, and we had a deck that allowed us to enjoy the fresh air. This year we noticed the walls are thin, so there was some noise when people next door were going in/out and talked loudly. However, it seemed like everyone respected quiet hours (after 10:30pm), and we were not bothered.
The best part about this hotel is its location. Chatham is a quick drive with all its shops and restaurants. Nauset Beach and the national seashore are minutes away. Right on Route 6A are numerous restaurants, shopping, ice cream, and mini-golf. Everything you could ask for in a Cape vacation. Across the street is a complex with Shaws, CVS, a bookstore and liquor store. We also had brunch and dinner at Hearth and Kettle - a nice change to walk and not have to drive.
Some minor feedback I could offer the motel: 1) Vents in the bathroom. It gets uncomfortably humid after one person showers, let alone two. There are small windows, but even opening them did not help much. 2) HD cable - The tvs have been upgraded to flatscreens, but HD would make it even better. 3) Keys - The motel currently offers guests one key; upgrading to a keycard system would be preferred.
The hotel owners are very nice and the continental breakfast is great to have - the blueberry muffins are a treat. We would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA 2 Diamond rated,Best Home made muffine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Skaket Beach Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Skaket Beach Hotel Orleans
- Skaket Beach Orleans
- Skaket Beach Motel Orleans, MA - Cape Cod