All reviews skaket beach homemade muffins cape cod off season morning muffins hearth and kettle busy intersection off route light breakfast stay there again ocean beaches family vacation directly across the street rooms were very clean great place to stay wooded area convenient location
Reviewed June 9, 2013

we stayed one night and were really happy. our room was clean. beds were comfortable the owner was lovely. breakfast was an added perk... muffins were hot, as was the good coffee. there was also juice and cereal if you wanted.. would definitely go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed at the Skaket Beach Motel on May 30th 2013. I needed (4) rooms for a night so I and my associates could attend a conference in Orleans. I found the Skaket Beach Motel on the internet and booked the rooms. I was very skeptical about what we would find when we arrived and my associates were busting on me on our trip to Orleans. I felt pretty comfortable because the lady I made the reservation with was extremly helpful and nice, and was very interested in helping me. On our arrival I was very impressed on how clean this Motel was, it is not a new facility at all, but it is extremly clean. The rooms were up to date and extremly clean, the bedding was new and spotless. The staff could not of been more helpful, they had coffee and muffins in the morning for us and they all were happy to help us. Great place to stay, in fact we are staying there again next year for the same conference. Thank you very much for your great service.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed at the Skaket for an extended Memorial Day Weekend. The owners are extremely personable and friendly. They could not do enough for the guests and went out of their way to make everyone happy. The grounds are beautiful, there are many amenities and the rooms are kept up beautifully. The location is great because you are in the middle of everything and you have a 10 minute ride either way to the beaches on the ocean or bay side. Great experience. We will definitely return.

Room Tip: Choose room areas 28-29 - they have balconies and look out on tree grove. Very tranquil.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and the facility was clean, quiet and comfortable. Our room faced the highway, but you didn't hear any noise. It was very clean and comfortable. Very nice grounds and across from a shopping center and restaurants. About 20 minutes from both bay side and Atlantic coast beaches and close to the National Seashore. Also close to the bike trail. Owners were pleasant and courteous. We stayed with our dog who was day boarded while we were out, so there was no problem. Dogs are allowed only during the off season at this motel. We did not partake of the breakfast, but it looked adequate. All in all, a nice place.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had some difficulty finding the location, partly because our GPS didn't recognise its address and partly because I was looking for something that looked very different. It's actually not on a beach, but on a main road. This does mean its very convenient, though I am not sure how many people would want to be sat by the pool while trucks thunder by.... The rooms are generally set back from the road, and in fact ours was quite rural in outlook. I got the feeling it is undergoing gradual modernisation and upgrading, we were quite happy with our room, good parking, facilities fine, room a nice size. It did take a while to get used to the flushing of the toilet being like a depth charge going off, but the plumbing is very efficient.

We did not bother with the breakfast offering of muffins and coffee - there are numerous other places if you want a more substantial breakfast.

Our first visit to the Cape we found the cost of our stay here better than other places with similar facilities, its very central for all of the Cape and would be happy to return again. Owners are very helpful and its nice to stay at a family run place after numerous 'chain' offerings.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple