“Best breakfast in Onset - it's the real deal !”

Pier View Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Onset
Cuisines: Seafood
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Best breakfast in Onset - it's the real deal !”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

What a great place ! I just wanted poached eggs on dry toast with a cup of coffee. The waitress was friendly, polite, and service was quick. Anytime I order this in a new restaurant I prepare myself for undercooked or overcooked eggs. These were perfect - the whites not at all runny and the yolks not yet solid. They have a full breakfast menu.

Lots of tables, a good sized breakfast bar, very spacious, lots of windows so they light is excellent - something I find becomes more important with age. They are open every day (except Thanksgiving and Christmas) 6am- noon and 6am-noon-thirty on Sundays.

When a local fireman recommended it, I was a bit leery because the name sounded touristy. It's not. Steady crowd even in off season, a very good sign. They've been there over 30 years, owned by a paratrooper's family, with banners on the walls from many units. People are extraordinarily friendly. And the view really is of the Onset Pier !

And my tab was only $5.19 !!! Highly recommended.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank amerazor

“Best breakfast ever!”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

It's no wonder there are times the line is out the door. The wait is super quick (if there is one) and the breakfast is phenomenal. Have to figure out how to get my hands on their homefries recipe! Consistent and delicious!

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank Bmjack77
“Home”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My family and I stayed in onset for a week and every morning we ate breakfast at pier view. The breakfast is outstanding and the service is beyond wonderful. The family that owns it is so welcoming and they really make you feel at home. As today is our last day, I asked my almost 3 year old son this morning if he would miss this place and he said I am going to miss Eric (the owners son). What a wonderful establishment that makes you feel as comfortable as home. Can't wait to come next year...I will truly miss that breakfast every morning.

4 Thank Melpooks
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
“Nice with a water view!”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Lots of good food for a good value. Short walking distance to everything in town. Ferries are available to the Islands from this spot.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank bhairweare
central michigan
“Great Breakfasts Wonderful servicei”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

Only had breakfast there (2) mornings. Great pancakes .Huge breakfast menu. Waitress was very nice and food was served hot . Would eat there again

4 Thank rtagg

Been to Pier View Restaurant? Share your experiences!