“Terrible”

The Stonebridge Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Onset
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: True Waterfront dining. Indoor and outdoor seating on our deck. Water views from every seat. Specializing in seafood and steaks plus grilled pizza.
Buzzards Bay, Massachusetts
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We live in Onset, and have gone to the Stonebridge. We had one very bad meal. However, we decided to try it again, and WOW! they screwed up again. Two in a row! Haven't and will not be back. Shame on them!

• Visited December 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food, casual decor”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We visited this small, shabby-chic, near-the-ocean restaurant for the first time on Saturday night on the recommendation of friends. The restaurant itself isn't fancy (great when you don't feel like getting all dressed up), but the martinis were creative and delicious and the menu was a cross between comfort food (chicken parm) and creative American fare. They offer a wide variety of appetizers and entrees at reasonable prices. For an appetizer we shared an order of fried calimari and it was delicious. I had pasta with pesto and grilled shrimp (swapped out the chicken for the shrimp at +$3) and it was delicious. For dessert we shared a chocolate fondue that was served with brownie pieces, poundcake pieces, strawberries, bananas, walnuts - a delicious and fun way to end the meal. Highly recommended, and we will go back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank sailorgirl461
Medfield, Massachusetts
“bar is good”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

The ambience of this place is the best part for me. I stop in once in a while and enjoy a drink and chatting with locals and the bartenders. Karaoke on Friday nights can be really fun and surprising (in a cheesy way). Some day I will try the food, but it's at "special occasion" prices for me (around $20/entree). And I'd love to see them improve the selection of beers, which are very bland and basic.

• Visited March 2013
Boston, MA
“Very very good”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I live nearby. I don't go out to eat often but when I do. I like to go here. The place is small and a wee bit shabby yet clean and the food is very good. If you can get a window seat you are awarded a view of the bay. I don't have the menu in front of me but I usually get the Mexican chicken or if they have a chef special which is usually sea food. I love the rice. I don't know what he does that makes it so mouth watering good, maybe I'll ask next time. My husband most recently had the pizza. He thought it was very good and the price was right at about $10. This past summer, on weekends it was hard to get a table. During the off season it is less busy. I give it a 4 out of 5 stars!

• Visited October 2012
Franklin MA
“We want this place to be better....”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We've visited Stonebridge a few times over the past two summers. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. The food suffers from extreme mediocrity, though. It is never extremely interesting nor is it ever very memorable. On a recent visit we inquired about gluten-free options. There are very few. My daughter, who is gluten-intolerant, had checked out the menu on the website and found a few entrees that should be safe. Unfortunately, the menu on the website is not the same as the menu offered. Very annoying. She ended up ordering the Cajun salad over jasmine rice. Turns out they add orzo to the jasmine rice! Why??!! It's jasmine rice and should be able to stand on its own! So, they substituted potato for the rice. She expected a side of mashed potatoes but got a massive plate of mashed potatoes with a salad plopped on top. Not very appetizing. Our other meals were acceptable but seemed to be lacking something...

The wine list is very short but is priced reasonably. The newly renovated bar is nice and the view of Onset harbor is very pretty. There aren't many choices for restaurants in Onset so we may return. But, we have no compelling reason to do so other than to hope that the place improves.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank pubprof

Been to The Stonebridge Bar and Grill? Share your experiences!