“Fan fav!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakham
Pine Acres Family Camping Resort
Milton, Massachusetts
“Fan fav!”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Love this place, we spend a week here every summer and it's great for the kiddies and the adults. Every week there is a schedule of activities for the kiddies (and a few for adults) you can always find something to do! There is a pool with a mini splash area, hot tub that is monitered (no kids allowed) an arcade, mini golf, sports for kids and familes and a lot more. It's small enough that it allows for kids to meet friends and see them all week and big enough to bike and run. The small store have food (mostly fried but ok) and really delish ice cream the one thing that sort of drives me crazy is the time it takes to get waited on, whether you want ice cream, a sandwich or just getting firewood if there is more than one person a head of you, please take a deep breath because you will have to wait. Oh another thing I love, boat rentals and fishing, this place is great. Cabins only for me, no need for a camper, a week is too long for that small of a space.

Room Tip: How long are you staying is huge! The beds are pretty terrible and the pullout couches are extremely...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robynquinn

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We are always looking for a new campground to visit. We heard a lot about Pine Acres and finally made it out there. Very nice campground, plenty to do with the kids. Great pool area and the staff is so friendly. We really liked it, would visit again but not a fan of driving through a rural/city with a camper. Would need find an alternate route that is mostly highway.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We spent a week in August on premium waterfront site 89. Best view and location for sure. Clise to everything including a very clean bathhouse.We had a semi private dock for our kayaks very nice patio and fire pit. The view was spectacular and the activities for our kids 9,11&14 were ok. It was quiet, clean and very family friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Acavar
East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 9, 2013

My family and I rented 2 cabins for a week and left after 3 nights. The view and campground itself are amazing and worth 5 stars, but the park management and staff are about one star. This park is great for families with very young children and for those early birds that just want to relax. A majority of staff weren’t welcoming, happy or informative. The most frequent response we got to a question was “I don’t know.” One cabin had a broken toilet and busted light in the loft, which was not addressed in a timely manner. We had to follow up 2 days later. The AC unit broke down in the 2nd cabin. The pool closes at 7 so forget a family swim after dinner. Every night alternates between a teen night swim or an adult swim from7-9. The pool looks much bigger online and isn’t deeper than 4 ft. We were also told that it was “time to put the fire out and hit the hay” at 12:10 a.m. They were short on materials for arts and crafts and they didn’t receive their shipment to run their featured event of glow in the dark mini-golf, so they decided not to do anything and to close up early. Good management always has a plan B for when plan A fails and they didn’t. Why not a regular session of mini-golf? We had enough let downs and left after 3 nights and went to a true 5-star resort campground in CT.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Dee R
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I think this place is over-hyped. I found that it really wasn't tent friendly. The tent/wilderness sites were rocky for the most part. The sites are all on top of each other. The site we stayed on was very rocky, but secluded. We had no neighboring campsites. Also, all the tents were "banished" to the highest point of the campground, a lot of walking uphill, definitely will get a good cardio workout walking to/from these sites on the rocky and dirt roads. Nearly slipped while walking down them each time.
The campground was overpriced, probably because of the "5-star" amenities.
Just about everything there costs $$. You can't do much unless you pay for it, and it was a little pricy. They had very few pre-arranged activities that were free. Because most of the campsites were on top of each other, there was no where to go into the woods to find firewood, heck there were very few trees surrounding campsites at the bottom the hill, around the "main" part of the campground. We were lucky to be surrounded by trees and woods, able to find decent kindling for the fire. If you wanted a fire, you had to pay $6 for a bundle of kiln dried wood (4-6 short pieces depending on size). OR you could purchase much more affordable and cheaper wood just outside the camp, but don't get caught bringing it in.
There is no real Recreational Hall, it's part of the Arcade. I've been to much less "resort" like campgrounds and had a better time. At least there they had a lot of "free" activities and things to do, plus they had larger Rec halls where you could sit in quiet, read a book, or play a game with a large group. At least we had a place to spend the day if it rained. We had no where to go if it rained. Ended up leaving a day earlier than anticipated because the forecast indicated scattered thunderstorms for the last 2 days of our camping trip. Spent most of the day before packing up and cleaning. Really wasn't interested in being stuck there in the rain, or trying to pack in the rain.
I went to the lake once, it looked gross and polluted. I would not go back, not even to rent a boat ($10-$15 per hour depending on which boat you rented). I went to the pool twice and it was usually overrun with kids. The adult spa, for the most part, was kid-free, and it was nice to sit in a hot tub for 20 minutes, especially since the pool water was freezing.
The dog park is small, but a good size for a campground. It seemed that all of the themed weekend activities were on Saturday only. We arrived on Saturday afternoon and missed most of the activities. They didn't do themes beyond this set time, which appears to be right around check-in time (1 PM for everyone except cabins which were 4 PM). Also, they only really had "adult only" activities on Friday nights. We were supposed to leave Friday by 11 AM. I've been to other campgrounds, smaller and cheaper, and they had more activities for adults/kids only. I guess the environment was different, and less "5-star"-ish. Again, other campgrounds seem to have weekend themes that start on Friday and end on Sunday. Sometimes they had week long activities. They had planned activities during the week, and I really enjoyed them. I will say that I was upset with the BINGO lady because she was a little rude and seriously rushed the game. Every store and building at the campground had to be closed and locked up by 9 PM during the week. Fires out by midnight. Quiet hours by 11 PM. And yet, no one came to tell the insanely loud group across the way that they were making too much noise after hours. I really didn't mind because camping is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to have a good time. But where are the trees to buffer the noise?
Perhaps I went during the wrong week? I found that despite all the activities and amenities, I was bored with this campground and actually looking forward to going home. The staff seemed to be too nice, almost superficial, as if they were ordered to be polite to guests or risk losing their jobs.
Also, what really miffed me was being told that their Rustic Cabins were sold out. I called and e-mailed several times asking if there were openings at any point during the summer, any last minute cancellations, etc. I was told repeatedly that there weren't. And yet, I walked by these cabins and learned that one was in fact empty. Either someone rented it and didn't show up, or it was really empty. While on the topic of cabins, the Rustic cabin had more beds (2 bunks and 1 full) than their high-priced premier cabins (1 queen and a low loft area). I didn't look inside the full-service cabin, but I'm sure that had 1 bed and a small loft area as well.
If you have kids and don't mind spending money to keep them entertained, then this is a great place. In my opinion, if you want to camp for the sake of camping, then continue looking.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank muttlovingfiend
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We went to Pine Acres last week of July with our grandkids. The best place for kids & adults we have ever been! Every employee was very nice, very caring and could not do enough for you to make your camping experience an enjoyable one. The grounds were very clean & someone always making sure it stayed that way. Bathrooms are modern & VERY clean. Showers are free & enclosed so no moths or bugs fly around you while showering. Campsites are large & kept up nicely!! The pool area, mini golf, arcade, store all very, very clean.Our stay there was the best, looking forward to visiting them again. We highly recommend this campground!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dave L
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My son, husband and I tent camped here in June. We got rained out towards the end of our trip and left early. The pool was great, as was the splashpad! The boats for rent looked nice. The majority of the staff was very pleasant. It seemed more geared for large families or groups.

I was miffed by the lack or parental supervision of children! I'm not sure if this should make me feel its more safe, or question the staff for not having a policy of parental supervision....

Overall, it was a nice campground and if you're looking for local or central mass, it's fine. Although, for the same price you could stay at a much nicer campground further north that has many more activities and attractions!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank AllieH9
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakham
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
#1 of 5 in Auburn
Beechwood Hotel
Beechwood Hotel
#6 of 9 in Worcester

Been to Pine Acres Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!