“"Not a park for groups"”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oakham
Pine Acres Family Camping Resort
Raynham
“"Not a park for groups"”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

My family and I planned for 9 months to visit with a group. We all rented cabins near each other. Right from the start the staff was extremely militant. They were constantly badgering us about campfires,noise and the children. The staff even went to the extreme of spying on us and report to managers the next morning. One of our group was evicted due to a fire after 10pm. This then ruined the trip for the rest of us. I was very uncomfortable after that, just waiting for my turn to be thrown out. We wanted to vacation as a group.
The pond was very mucky and dirty. I saw snakes in the water on many occasions. The pool was small and very cold. The price of firewood was expensive.
My wife and I did not enjoy our stay. We left several days early. We asked for a refund of the unused days and were told they would think about it. After several phone calls being put into voicemail, I am assuming they do not have the courtesey to give me an answer.

We have camped many times and have never been made to feel this way. We have always enjoyed it. We have more fun and enjoyment at the Massachusetts State parks.

I would not recomend this campground to a group looking to enjoy themselves.

5 Thank Tom C

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We just came back from a 2night stay in the Wilderness Tent sites. We were at the top of the sites so we were very remote which was cool. The bathroom was about 40 feet away from us and at first I didn't know if I liked it, but since it POURED rain I came to love it!
Our site had electric and water which was nice.
Although the weather was unreal (torrential rain for HOURS) we had fun. The pool was very clean and the kids really liked it. it is definitely smaller than what the website shows though.
The beach was cute and kept the kids occupied for a short period of time.
The arcade came in handy while it poured rain and the 25cents for most games was rather nice!
We purchased a couple wood packs which were $6 each, so my suggestion is to bring your own!
The activities scheduled were fun. We missed the "Beach party" since it rained and they had in at the lodge instead but it wasn't fun so we left after 15 minutes or so. I am sure it was toned down due to it being inside.
We never got to play tennis or do the gem mining (which really bummed the kids out) due to the rain. The kids painted a craft ($6 each).
Overall, it was a fun weekend. certainly not the resort's fault it rained! I would go back there...but maybe stay in a cabin! This was only our 2nd time camping and it really is NOT fun when it rains when you're In a tent.

The staff was very nice and helpful and the place was rather clean. Pricey for tent camping however. There is not much around the resort, so make sure you pack everything that you need! There is a Dunkin Donus about 8 away!! And a liquor store less than 5!

Room Tip: Wilderness sites with water and electric are higher up the hill and are in a great location. Do not...
1 Thank Boston0312
Tyngsboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 22, 2012

we just returned from a short stay at Pine Acres. The park staff were super friendly and helpful. The park was clean. There were plenty of activities for the kids. We stayed in a rustic cabin and found it to be a quieter and more private part of the park. The fire pits are nice and large. Some parts of the park were "busier" than others. However, there are wilderness sites that appeared to be very quiet and private. Very pet friendly - has a dog beach and fenced in dog play area. They provide courtesy poop bags around park to keep it clean. Nice trails to walk or run. There is very little car traffic through park, which is good because there are lots of kids on bikes. The country store sells lots of cool stuff that the kids enjoyed. They even have a little restaurant in case you don't want to cook. I had read reviews that the pool was cold, but my kids enjoyed it just fine. The swim area of the lake isn't too deep, so it felt a little safer. We rented a canoe and paddle boat - very fun. The lake is pretty calm - no speeding boats. We will go back again!

4 Thank kerry r
Raynham, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 18, 2012

My family and I have been to many resorts and campgrounds. Never...Never have I been so appalled by the actions and "heavy handedness" and rudeness of the staff at this campground. The rules are so extreme that we felt unwelcome and wanted to leave. If we didn't have more friends joining us mid-week, we would have left this place with three nights left.

For example, the ownership and staff have no problem coming up to you and warning you in an accosting, rude manner about all the rules. On several occassions, the kids were warned to slow down while riding their bikes. The problem was, the kids were riding in a normal fashion and not even come close to the 10 MPH speed limit as I witnessed personally (but the staff can zip around in their golf carts way above the speed limits). In addition, the staff is invasive. What I mean by this is they are proactively looking for violations and opportunities to warn you at anytime and threaten eviction if the rules are broken. Be careful, don't fall into the trap thinking this campground's rules are guidelines and there is flexibility and sensibility when enforcing them. This place will kick you out as our friends found out. Don't make a peep after quiet hours and make sure that campfire is out per the rules. Overall, this place needs a lesson on dealing with people and overall customer service.

Thoughts on other aspects of this campground/resort:

1. Lake is man made and swamp like. There is a lot of algae, foam, lily pads and snakes. There were black snakes swimming in the water and on the beach at multiple times.

2. Pool area is nice, but too small. Water is freezing. Again, the rules, no life guard therefore kids had to be signed in and accompanied by an adult. In addition, no food or drinks allowed in the pool area with the exception of water. The staff even questioned Propel Zero--there's no sugar in the drink folks.

3. Cabins: nice, clean, air-conditioned (some in our party had issues with the AC not working). Beds are horrible, for the price we paid we would have liked to sleep in comfort.

4. Store: not bad in the event you forgot something...very pricey. However, the lack of customer service, again, is a HUGE problem. We had four of our group's boy's order milk shakes at $4.52 each. They were refused service because the lady behind the counter said it would TAKE TOO LONG to MAKE 4 milkshakes. REALLY!

5. Playground: no running allowed in the playground.....

I can go on and on about our experience. Bottom line, my family will not be back to this place ever.

8 Thank rpf60
Easton, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This has to be one of the worst campgrounds I have EVER been to! The price is not worth what the campground has to offer. What this place offers is a swamp for a pond, a 4foot deep wading pool(no splashing,swimming or jumping allowed). The sites are a great size and the place was extremely clean but this is not worth dealing with the staff. My children were scolded for ridding their bikes "too fast", adults must be in bed by 11:00 pm or sit outside in silence with no campfire. My family and I have enjoyed capming for many years, this was the ONLY time I have ever wanted to pack up and go home, which we did(even though we spent $1100). The staff is extremely rude. I have been on this planet for 46 years and I do not need to be told, like a child when to go to bed. I

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank Megan M
Attleboro, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We were going up as guests to spend 2 nights with friends. The websites states that 1 family is allowed to stay overnight. Well my family consists of 2 adults and 3 children. Therefore we were too large to stay on the sight with our cousins. They made us book a site for 2 nights because my baby made it over the limit. We booked the site but didnt get a site. It was considered a Ghost site. So after paying $160 for 2 nights without our CAMPER we were able to stay on their small site. I was appalled as they charged us this obsurded amount of money.. we have stayed at many campgrounds and have never paid this much.. And we were only Guests.. As soon as we pulled in there were park people looking in our car to count how many people we had. The pictures are very deceiveing. The pool area stinks. It looked beautiful online but we have to have wrist bands to go to the pool. Not like you are paying extra, cannot bring anything but water in the pool area, no strollers in the pool area. No jumping in the pool. Cant even swim as the deepest part is 4ft. It is located in the middle of nowhere. We just wanted to check it out because we were planning on spending a long weekend their. But i will not bother wasting any more money at this camprgound! Our favorite is Cape Cod CampResort. No RULES! Dont like people telling me i have to be quiet at 10pm on a friday night. Kids cant ride bikes after dawn. I could go on and on.. Just cant believe i spent $160 and didnt even bring my own camper.

10 Thank Bella M
Lancaster, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The kids and I decided to take Dad away for Father's Day. This camping resort was a great experience from the minute we drove in. The park ranger met us at the gate to escort us to our spot. We have never been to a campground where we have been escorted to the site it is usually up to us to find. Great service to have!

Our reservations were for a water view full hookup site. The site was across from the beach, near the walkway to the water to launch our kayak, the pool, lodge and camp store was right up the hill. The campsite was a great size and easy to get our trailer into. Looking at some of the other sites in the area they were much tighter and harder to maneuver into.

There are wide array of activities for the kids/family; nature walk, tennis lessons, miniature golf, gem mining shaft, arts & crafts, bingo, etc. Our stay was too short but we plan to return.

The only suggestions I would have for the owners is to fix the machines in the arcade. A lot of machines were not working and no signs noted as such. The working ones many times tickets were not given out after the game was played. When brought to the attendant attention we were told there was nothing he can do. The small rocks to walk on around the pool are not very practical for people to walk on getting to and from the chairs.

Over all great fun had by all and we will be back!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank MilCrew
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oakham
Hampton Inn & Suites Worcester
Hilton Garden Inn Worcester
Comfort Inn and Suites Colonial
Holiday Inn Express Worcester Downtown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Worcester Auburn
Old Sturbridge Inn & Reeder Family Lodges

Been to Pine Acres Family Camping Resort? Share your experiences!