“Good Food, Even Better Location”
Review of Nancy's Restaurant

Nancy's Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
West Warwick, Rhode Island
“Good Food, Even Better Location”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Sit upstairs on the deck. You'll have an amazing view of the harbor and be a little bit away from the hustle and bustle of the downstairs take out window. It will be a little higher priced upstairs but its worth the view. I usually opt or chowder and a salad or something light and a few drinks just to relax and take in the view. The seared tuna was delicious the last time i was there. Keep in mind if you're just grabbing takeout and running - your money is better spent elsewhere. I save this place for sitting down and relaxing.

• Visited July 2013
NancysRestaurant, Manager at Nancy's Restaurant, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for the great review of Nancy's. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your meal and view. We believe our menu items offer great value and quality. If you are looking for something a little more family friendly for take-out please look at our Snack Bar Menu @nancysrestaurant.com we offer multiple items for under $10 and great take-out service. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great Location and that about it!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

It has an envious location but the food is just OK and the prices are steep for what you get. However, it is and OB institution and they must be doing something right, but how can you lose when you are on OB harbor!

Visited July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review Nancy's. I am sorry to hear you didn't have an exceptional experience while dining with us. Rest assured we do not take our amazing location for granted. We source the best possible product available to us and price our menu very competitively. If you compare our prices to other establishments on the Vineyard I know for certain we are the same price if not less expensive. Please try us again and I am certain you will find great menu items at a great value. Thank you for your business
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“On Oak Bluffs Harbor”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Great location, good food, awesome sunsets ,Donovan's reef(outside bar for Dirty Bananas!!!!)
Lot's of fun and drinks to, great help there.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 777Renegade
Thank you so much for the raving review! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon!
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“This is OB.”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Classic OB restaurant right on the harbor. Food is average. view is great and is known as the epicenter of harbor front activities. It is a very touristy place. Obama takes his kids here for lunch for fried clams. I am not a big fan of the place but it is fine for a harbor front dinner with a big group. Most people have more memories of the fun time they had there with friends then the fine food. I have had a decent meal there but it is nothing special. Drinks are average. Great view from the deck.

• Visited August 2013
Hi Jim, thank you for taking the time to review Nancy's. Although I am happy to hear you love the atmosphere, view, and fun times, I am disappointed you think our food is just "decent". We try very hard to produce quality food that tastes great all year round. We buy top quality products, employ very talented people, and constantly try to improve our menu. I do hope you stop back in. Please ask for some menu suggestions from your server or the manager the next time you're in. I am certain there are many items that may surprise you. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon.
Massachusetts
“A couple of bad experiences in one weekend”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I went here two nights in a row in September close to off season to the upstairs part of the restaurant. The service really wasn't great we just went in for drinks the first night and had to move because it was a little chilly we were told by the server to stay as long as we wanted since we weren't in his section.
The second night we went we were trying to enjoy a nice relaxing dinner and the waitress kept pressuring us to place the rest of our order. We wanted to wait until we were done with our appetizer to order our meals and she asked repeatedly if we were ready to order. Then to make matters worse she kept coming by asking if I was done with my meal and I had only taken a couple of bites. Just really horrible service.
Then next we sat there and watched as a couple asked for a table that had just become available and they gave them the run around for minutes instead of just cleaning the table so that they could sit down. Then when they were finally seated the manager came over and argued with the customer instead of saying sorry. Probably my worst dining experience on the Vineyard.

Upsides there is a great view from the upstairs dining are and the food is ok.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Vakay508
I am very sorry to hear our service didn't exceed your expectations. Customer service is very important to us. Our hiring process is very methodical and training about customer service is ongoing. In order to accommodate guests in an efficient manner with great service some tables in the dining room are reserved for a certain number of people or more only. I am not sure if this was the scenario you witnessed, regardless I would like to apologize. We never want our guests to feel rushed and once again I am sorry we dropped the ball in your experience. I hope you give us the opportunity to earn your business back in the future, I am certain if you give us the chance we will create a great dining experience for you. Thank you for your business