“Sand for a floor and great food!”
Review of Sand Bar & Grille

Sand Bar & Grille
Ranked #32 of 55 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was like eating on a beach in Hawaii! I had the sashimi wrap which was delicious and my children enjoyed their pulled pork sandwich and lobster salad roll. The service was excellent and the background music of James Brown tunes and other bluesy funk was great!!

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Having read the reviews of this place after going there, I probably wouldn't have gone there. However, I thought the food and service were both excellent on my trip. The waitress was attentive (even though they were fairly busy). The fish and chips looked good and fresh (one person in my party had that). The fish tacos looked tasty but small. I had the Sashimi wrap which was unique, and really tasty and fresh. The hamburger was cooked exactly like my wife wanted it. I could have eaten the whole burger myself ... excellent flavor. I will however agree with others that have said the edamame tasted old. Also, the drinks were a rip off. I did feel that the food was overpriced, and with the Edamame, I thought it was only worth 3 stars.

The atmosphere was nice. I felt like I was at a beach. The bathrooms were not all that well taken care of (but I didn't really care for this kind of a spot).

I would definitely go back again.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

great place to relax with a cold drink. Good music playing.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

My husband and I vacation for 2 weeks every year in Oak Bluffs and the Sand Bar is the first place I always want to visit. The atmosphere is amazing, with views of the water and all of the boats, you can sit with your feet in the sand and order frozen drinks from very personable waitstaff and bartenders. Its not fast, but who cares, if you're in a hurry you should visit another restaurant, this is one that you want to sit and relax and enjoy. The food is awesome, being a sushi lover, the best sushi here. It's pricey...but we find everything on the island to be pricey and we are on vacation so again, who cares. I suggest this place to everyone and bring all of our guests there. Can't wait to return next summer.

Reviewed September 24, 2011