“Vineyard comfort”

Ranked #3 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Houston, Texas
“Vineyard comfort”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We had checked other places, but settled on the Madison Inn and after walking around, we were pleased with our choice. The room was clean and nicely appointed. The coffee bar with all my favorite Keurig coffees and the morning sweet breads, fruit, granola bars and afternoon cookies was great. We were close to the ferry and the bus, which was convenient to get around to sightsee the island. The enclosed patio was a nice place to sit with coffee or bring back takeout and eat outside. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Loved our stay!

Room Tip: We were outside and upstairs and found it to be quiet and private.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Judy D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
warwick
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here this past weekend and loved it. It was perfectly located a street away from the Ferry so easy carrying our bags there and in the heart of the Small town. The Inn Was very clean, nicely decorated and our room was very comfy. The owner and her daughter were taking turns at the front desk and they both were great at suggestions on what there was to do around the Island.
They had had all the extras for you. Beach coolers, blankets, towels, etc and they also had popcicles that my boyfriend couldnt get enough of! What a great touch for the guests!
We cant wait till we stay again and a bit longer. Highly reccommend!

Oceanport, New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The Madison Inn was the perfect location. just a few steps from the dock. We chose room 14 its right on the main floor. Easy to come and go from the front or the back. Nice porch in the front and patio in the back. Use of towels and beach chairs. A very short walk to the beach. And a great place to eat next to the Inn.

Room Tip: Depends what you are looking for. The web site is very good to help you pick the perfect room for yo...
1 Thank Ken F
Natick, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 23, 2014

My friend and I went on the first weekend of summer during Harborfest and I had been before with my cousin but did not stay. We only stayed for a night and I searched every other Inn around Oak Bluffs and Madison Inn was the only one that would accept a one night stay, granted for a little extra per night. But the place is great cause it's right in the heart of Oak Bluffs near everything. The offer great amenities in the lobby like free snacks, ice cream sandwiches, popsicles, fruit, water, coffee, and tea all the time. They also have beach towels, mats, and small coolers and bags if you need them to go to the beach. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean and inviting and we paid a little extra to get the room with the two queen beds which was worth it because I have seen one with just the one queen bed and its quite small. The Staff is super friendly and they have a book with the best restaurant suggestions for every meal and their menus. Next time I go to the Vineyard I will definitely stay here again if I go with a friend or significant other.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Warwick, New York
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My husband & I had a wonderful experience at the Madison Inn for our 38th anniversary. Mary & Heather made us feel right at home from the breakfast treats (Did you see the Apple Fritters! YUM!!) and K cup coffees in the morning, to the cookies and drinks in the afternoon! They were especially helpful when offering suggestions on where to dine, as we were first timers on Martha's Vineyard. Our room was also warm and welcoming and spotless!! We would highly suggest this clean and friendly inn, near to just about everything in Oak Bluffs: from the shopping, dining, Flying Horses carousel, to the bus transfer and the ferry! It has it all!

Room Tip: First floor are accessible to the patio and office.
1 Thank Susan W
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and me always went to the Vineyard for the day but this time we were looking to stay at least one night! So we picked the Madison Inn because of the good reviews and the location, plus it was reasonably priced! A lot of places on the island are pricey and if u live outside Boston it's easy to just feel like you can enjoy the day without staying over night and waste money!
Well, this place is just what you're looking for, believe me! Perfect location in Oak Bluffs next door to two amazing restaurants and steps away from everything...ferry, beach, Main St, Gas station, bar, restaurants, moped/bike rental, bus stop, you name it! The Inn is clean, tastfully updated and quiet! Rooms are spacious and homey! But the staff/owners take the cake! Extremelly pleasant, smiley and helpfull people! Give us the the perfect tip for a moped rental and which beach to go, where to eat, I even forgot my iPhone charger and the guy lend me his for the whole day!!
Believe me, u can't beat this place! Awesome! 5+ stars! We're already planning to go back soon! :)))

Room Tip: Unlike most of other places on the island where it's better if u call, the Madison Inn has an ea...
1 Thank Lorenzo G
Milton
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I've been vacationing on the Vineyard for over 30 years but always stayed in a vacation rental. I only had a few days to stay on the island and found this inn which is in a great location, a block away from the Oak Bluffs Ocean Park (so the ferry from Woods Hole is just a walk away as well as the bus stop to Vineyard Haven and Edgartown), Flying Horses Carousel and Circuit Avenue.

The owners did a great job renovating the inn and the staff is extremely friendly! When we made our reservations the front desk person informed us of the various rooms that would fit our needs, when we got to the inn she even brought us into any unoccupied rooms so that we could see what they looked like. The little things they do made our stay that much more enjoyable such as providing beach towels, chairs, coolers and bags; complimentary coffee/tea/fruit/granola bars and treats all day; they even puled out wine glasses and opener so we could enjoy a bottle on the sunny patio. For rainy days you can grab a book from the bookshelf and sit in one of the comfy chairs in front of the fireplace or grab a board game and play with your family/friends/other guests at the large game table by the window.

This will be my new go-to place to stay whenever I go to the Vineyard!!!!!

Room Tip: The inn is flanked by restaurants on either side and sits on a busy road. Room #6 was the largest an...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Harbor View Hotel
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard

Been to Madison Inn? Share your experiences!