Madison Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Nashua House Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Pequot Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Harbor Landing(Vineyard Haven)
View Hotel
Vineyard Harbor Motel(Vineyard Haven)
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
Harbor View Hotel(Edgartown)
Harborside Inn(Edgartown)
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach towelsgranola barsgreat locationcookiesmartha's vineyardboogie boardsapple frittersthe buscoffee cakepatio areastay there againlittle extraswithin walking distancecape cod chipswine glassesshort walkoff season
Reviewed May 16, 2013

My daughter and I had a lovely day stay the Madison Inn. The owner and staff are extremely thoughtful and pleasant. We had room #1 which had two twin beds and a balcony at the front of the house (overlooking the street). The room was very sweet and the bathroom was spacious. Everything was extremely clean and crisp. A great value!!!

Room Tip: Room #1 was perfect for us but not for someone who may be bothered by street traffic/activity in the morning.
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We made our reservation for May back in March based on the website photos and the room was as delightful as the pic. Blanche then upgraded us to a larger room (off season) no charge! All the little extras were great, just like going to my favorite aunt's house for a visit. If I go to MV next year it will be here.
Chris & Crystal R.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My husband and our daughter stayed in room #15 for 8 nights when the place we'd planned to stay on island didn't quite work out as planned. What a pleasant surprise the Madison Inn was!

From the pastries + coffee + fresh fruit out 24/7 to the (very!) warm welcome to the (very!) kind, congenial, respectful staff to the great location to the price, there was nothing about our stay that did not exceed my expectations... In fact, I would (and already have!) recommend the Madison Inn to friends and family.

I will say this one thing: If you are a light sleeper (we are not!) do not choose room #15. We were in the only room (that I'm aware of) that's right by the street. This was great for us, because my daughter can be noisy at times. But just as an FYI because, while it is muffled, you can hear some street noise from this particular room.

And just as a separate note, the shoulder season rates in May and October are really exceptionally low for what is offered and being on Martha's Vineyard. Considering that's my favorite time of year on island, it felt like a real steal.

OH -- separate small detail -- the TOILETRIES were very nice. I really appreciated the extra thought and touches that went into details like that, the EIGHT large towels waiting for us, the Cape Cod potato chips and water bottles, the local guide, ETC. There are just too many details to list... more keep coming to mind... :-)

Room Tip: Room #15 is noisier but set aside so can be good when traveling with a child. If not a very light sleeper, it would be fine for any situation.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We just stayed for one night during the off season. There was another couple as well. We each had a toddler with us and the staff was very accommodating. If Oak Bluffs is where you'd like to be then the location is great... central, yet one block from the main street. Very close to the shuttle that takes you around the island. Clean. Very comfortable beds, which is a make or break for me with hotels. Some other benefits are a nice shared patio to relax at the end of the day, snacks and water available through the day, and helpful staff.

1  Thank Chelsea F
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My sister and I traveled to Martha's Vineyard for the weekend just before "the season" is about to begin, and we were lucky enough to choose the Madison Inn for our two nights on the island. Perfectly located in the heart of Oak Bluffs, we found the room to be tastefully elegant, the beds were more comfortable than my own at home, all the linens were fresh and new, and the entire property was clean and lovely. The staff went out of their way to make us comfortable. The terrace was a lovely place to sit after a day of shopping and touring, and we especially enjoyed sipping our wine and nibbling our snacks while chatting with other guests. We highly recommend the Madison Inn and will certainly choose them again.

Room Tip: Room 10 has a view of the water via Inkwell Beach.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family