“The Madison Inn is apart of our annual tradition”
Review of Madison Inn

Madison Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Every year my wife and I go to martha's vineyard and we only stay at the madison inn. It's in downtown oaks bluff. Which is in the middle of everything. You can walk from any of the two boat docks to the inn. The beach is around the corner. Dinner and dancing are on the next street which is Curcuit Avenue. Ms. Blanche and Mary are the best. Their knowledge of the islands enterainment and dinning are worth gold. It's like being home away from home they have everything you need on premise from tea to wine cork screws. Room 16 with the kitchenette and room 1 with the balcony are our favorites. Room 2 which is the smallest room will always have a place in our hearts, it was the only room available on our first visit to the vineyard and we had a blast. Which is why we go every year to martha's vineyard and we only stay at the madison inn.
J. MacFarlane

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jamel M

Reviewed September 15, 2012

This is our second time staying in Madison Inn for our family's vacation. When we arrive there, Mary know we have a baby with us on this trip. She is so warm to change bigger room for us. It has more space and kitchen, refrigerator and microwave. It bring more convenience for us to take care of my baby. Everything is so nice there same stay at home. My baby love the candy there. We want to go back to Madison Inn soon again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

I stayed @ the Madison Inn with 3 of my friends for 4 days. The experience was phenomenal. Our front desk person, Mary, is the nicest & most hospitable person you ever want to meet. The room service was excellent. They even offered beach chairs, towels & beach umbrella. WOW! I highly recommend Madison Inn for your stay in Oak Bluffs.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I called a few days before Labor day weekend to ask about the 2 rooms that were available. I spoke with Madison and told her this was my 13th anniversary with my husband and which room would she recommend. She booked me in the room that she said was her favorite. When my husband and I arrived at the inn, we were pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to a larger room with a view of the ocean. Mary (the owner) told us that Madison left a note that I sounded nice and to please put us in another room if available. How sweet and so unexpected. Check-in was very easy. Mary made us feel so welcome and at home. I asked for recommendations for a nice dinner with my husband. She even called one restaurant that was in the next town to make sure that they were open (which they weren't). We decided on the restaurant right next door, SideCar Cafe and Bar. Mary even gave us a $20 gift card to use at the restaurant. The dinner was fantastic by the way. When we made it to our room, we were very happy. The room was very clean and decorated very nicely. Bed was comfortable. We didn't spend too much time in the room but when we did it was very cozy. Check-out very easy and we asked if we could leave our luggage there for a few hours. We put it in a side room where they also have a refrigerator for guests to use for food. I can't say enough wonderful things about this inn. My husband and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 6 which was very nice. 2 double beds
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This B&B is clean, confortable and has an extremely friendly staff. It is right in the midst of the Oak Bluff shopping and dining district and you can walk to anything you may need. We stayed in July and the whole experience was one of the best we have had in a vacation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Our daughter and I stayed at the Madison Inn on our first visit to Martha's Vineyard. We will absolutely return to MV and the Madison Inn. We found it very clean, comfortable, convenient and a good value. Our bed was super comfortable and we were pleased to have air conditioning. The staff is friendly and helpful. We enjoyed all the amenities they provided during our stay. From morning coffee on the porch, snacks throughout the day, to cookies in the afternoon. Also, the beach chairs, beach towels, etc. provided for our convenience. Shopping and dining are literally steps from the front door. You don’t need a car while staying at the Madison, but we did rent a car on our last day to drive all the way around the island. (It was well worth it.) We used bus transportation to visit one of the nearby towns. The car rental, bus, and ferry landing are all within walking distance of the inn. I would like to thank Madison for going out of her way and retrieving a purchase I left behind at the restaurant next door. She packaged and mailed to me within days of our return home. She also drove us to the wedding we were attending! Thank you to the Madison Inn for an excellent and memorable vacation. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2012

This was my first trip to MV! My girlfriend and I were both celebrating my birthday and crossing off an entry on my "Bucket List". I have never stayed at a B&B but I now feel it is the only way to go! Everything that was needed was in the room or made available. Fruit, chips, water, coffee, pastries and granola bars were at our finger tips. I enjoyed every aspect of my stay at the Madison Inn. I felt so comfortable and relaxed while there and the room was fantastic. Watching the area come alive from our balcony early in the morning was awesome! The staff is excellent in their communication and assistance, always able to answer questions and offer helpful suggestions and directions. Everything is usually so commercialized when traveling but this experience was almost like visiting a friend's home. Now, where do you know that you can get a frozen treat at two o'clock in the morning? The Inn is in close proximity to all the happenings in Oak Bluffs but did not interfer in my level of comfort or privacy when I turned in for the night. It was and still is a great place to lay your head while at MV.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
Isabelle's Beach House
Isabelle's Beach House
#4 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Madison Inn? Share your experiences!