Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great place to borrow a book, video

We always enjoy a stop at the local library to relax in the AC, check out the selection of rental... read more

Reviewed August 8, 2018
Norelda
Rochester, NY
Library Junkie Review

I've always been a library junkie, and having lived in Oak Bluffs for 30 years, I find myself here... read more

Reviewed November 8, 2017
mvgirl41
oak bluffs

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Oak Bluffs Library has become the very best library on the Island. The staff is friendly, helpful and professional. The atmosphere is welcoming and comfortable. The Children's and Young Adult programs are exceptional as are the programs for adults. It is truly an example of what all libraries should strive for.

1  Thank dross157
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The sun does not always shine on Martha's Vineyard. The Oak Bluffs Public Library is an ideal destination on those dreary summer days. There is a large children's room, there are plenty of DVDs to borrow and books, oh my, there are books galore. It is also a convenient place to use public (free) computers. They get busy in the summer, so it is best to reserve computer use in advance if you have a specific task. Wifi is free and available from the convenience of your parked car in the back lot. For year-rounders, the library offers access to a panoply of research materials from all over MA. The librarians seem to become warmer and friendlier with a smile.
There are speakers and other library-run activities that are sure to let a little light in on any subject.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Oddly enough, I had to visit the library while on vacation to use the internet for a class and was pleasantly surprised! Relatively new library with wifi, lots of new books, and computers to use for free.

1  Thank BostonianinDallas
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a wonderful library and we visit it at least once a day while we're on the Vineyard. Since we don't have wireless at our house, it is much easier to go to the library to use their computers, which are free if you have a library card. There is always someone there to help you if you need help with the computer, the copier, or the printer. In fact, the library staff is one of the most helpful and friendly library staffs I've ever met. You never know what new books you'll find, but the selection changes daily because people do a lot of beach reading and don't keep the books out all that long. A new feature this year was a table with staff recommendations. I loved the book that I took out even though I'd never heard of it before. There are a number of programs during the summer for kids. It is always extremely clean and neat. A great place to spend a rainy day on the island - or even a sunny one!

1  Thank Jessica A
Reviewed July 22, 2012

We were renting a cottage for the week and it was great to be able to pick up books, cds and dvds to watch all week. Friendly staff, decent selection and super easy to get a library card if you are a MA resident. They have computers for public use and it looked like many interesting activities for both children and adults.