“Beautiful, centrally located B&B on the island”
Review of Tivoli Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Tivoli Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Beautiful, centrally located B&B on the island”
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I only stayed at Tivoli Inn for one night, but I absolutely loved it. The owners were friendly, helpful, and amazingly accommodating. The inn is located in an ideal spot in Oak Bluffs - a very short walk to the town's restaurants and shops. The room and entire inn was clean and nicely decorated. Breakfast and coffee were available in the morning, and the porch was a lovely place to sit outside at night (it's decorated with twinkle lights!) on rocking chairs and relax. Overall, a wonderful, relaxing experience I would definitely like to repeat soon!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 24, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night and were given the option to upgrade at no extra charge. The place was charming and easily accessible from the main strip. It's walking distance to the day/night life in Oak Bluffs.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
Reviewed October 11, 2009

My teenage daughter and I loved our weekend at the Tivoli Inn. The convenient distance to Oak Bluffs, the comfy beds, great breakfast and fantastic hostess Lisa, all made the Tivoli Inn a place that we plan to visit again. I noticed that many of the reviews mentioned "pet friendly", non-pet owners should stay here too! We would also recommend shopping at Lisa's sister's store Third World Trading Co. Don't forget to pack a good book to read on the front porch. Staying at Tivoli Inn will surely enhance your visit to the Vineyard - enjoy!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
CT
Reviewed November 6, 2008

The Tivoli Inn located at 125 Circuit Ave. Oak Bluffs has become my favorite stop when I visit Martha's Vineyard on business or just for the "local flavor". Pet owners pay attention.. I know what it feels like being a pet owning second class citizen.. "Sorry sir NO PETS"...You can forget about that old saw when you contact the Tivoli Inn.. Your 4 footed loved ones are welcome whether they bark or meow. Pets are at home when they visit the Tivoli Inn. The convenience of a park directly across the street adds to the ease of pet care, but please 'scoop your poop'. OK enough of the animal world. The Tivoli is comfortable, easy going, friendly, and everything is within walking distance from downtown. The Inn is also private, so if you're not a late night reveler you will find the peace and quiet you're looking for only steps away from all that fun. Innkeepers Lisa and Lori strive to make the Tiv an Inn you want to return to time after time..Thanks L&L for your attention to detail..i lov it..Isn't that Tivoli spelled backwards?

• Liked — The Inn Keepers. Homelike atmosphere.
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank stargateCt
Truro, MA
Reviewed July 9, 2008

Our stay was great. My husband and I originally were going in May, but had to change last minute due to a family emergency. Lisa (the owner) was totally helpful and accommodating. We rescheduled for June and had an absolutely awesome time. We hung out with Salki (the house dog) for a while, met a great couple, and talked "dog" all afternoon on the front porch! It was great! I'd go back in a heart beat! Our room was clean and cozy. No need for a car, walking distance to everything. Yup, two thumbs up.

Stayed June 2008
1 Thank Barbara V
New Hampshire
Reviewed October 26, 2007

We were looking for a romantic long weekend on Martha's Vineyard. We got that and more!! This quaint and charming
gingerbread house in Oaks Bluff offers more than we had hoped for. Within walking distance to the town of Oaks Bluff as well as only blocks to the beach this retreat allows those who travel over by ferry a convience to everything the town has to offer, and if you choose to travel over via your own vechile there is ample parking. The owner Lisa, and her sister, Lori, along with Saki their companion all bend over backwards to make sure that your every request is met. We choos e to travel the island and see the sights during the day and relax on the front porch in comfortable rockers at night enjoying our favorite beverages and the smell of the vinyard. Breath taking.....

They make breakfast daily, and the choices were numerous.
It was all so so good....................

In parting I did not say good bye, but apple pie!!!!! For we shall share these things again!!

• Liked — comfortable and cozy!!!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank motivated_hiker
Boston
Reviewed September 28, 2007

After looking forward to a weekend on Martha's Vineyard, we arrived at the Tivoli Inn to be treated terribly. Upon making the reservation for the room, we were given the choice between two rooms, one of which had air conditioning. We chose to reserve the air conditioned room. However, upon arrival, the room we reserved was occupied. Instead of apologizing, the owner tried to talk us into staying in the non-air conditioned room, but offered to switch if we really wanted. When we went to let her know that we wanted to switch two minutes after she left us to talk about it, she had already left for a manicure. We left a note that we wanted to switch and returned about 2 hours later, where the owner notified us that she was not comfortable switching and she had found us an air conditioned room that cost substantially more than this room and out of our price range, and didn't offer to pay the difference or discount our non-airconditioned room, since it was specifically not what we reserved. she said, there's a good chance you'll get the room you want, but sometimes you don't, that's just the way it works. usually when something goes wrong, a person apologizes and offers to make it up to the guests, but this owner had no interest in customer service. after we decided to stay since we couldn't afford to change, she then insisted on us paying immediately. we paid, and the following morning she informed us that she had mistakenly only charged us for 2 nights not 3, and needed immediately to charge us for the third night, even though we were on our way out the door and didn't have our credit cards on us. she made us go back to our room to get our cards, so she could fix her own mistake. i would NEVER return to this place, because she didn't even care that she wasn't treating us well. things happen and she could have gone about handling the room mix-up much differently. terrible experience.

Stayed September 2007
katso, Manager/Owner at Tivoli Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2007
The room that was given to the unhappy guests was identical to the room with air conditioning only this room has a fan. We do not charge extra for air conditioning therefore there is no price difference. The weather was delightful and very comfortable and then cool at night where you would need to wear a sweater. There was no need for air conditioning. I did not feel right to move a guests belongings without them knowing while they were out all day to return back to their room and see someone else in their room and their belongings removed. I could not reach the guest to see if she would mind moving. I am sure she would not have minded as she is repeat customer and very easy going and happy here. I did not want to move her without her permission and I could not contact her. The unhappy guests demanded that I should move her belongings so they could have the room with the air conditioning. Since it seemed to be horrifying for the unhappy guests I found them a room elswhere with air conditioning for $30 extra. This would leave me with a vacant room for three nights. I was more than willing to do so just to make them happy. As I mentioned earlier the weather was very comfortable and there was no need for air conditioning or even a fan.The unhappy guests declined the room I had found them with air conditioning and chose to stay here. It is standard policy to check-in and pay for the room upon arrival. As they say, " you can't please everyone". I know in my heart that my guests love it here and return year after year. I have been in business for 19 years. Come read my guest book in the living room and you will find many heart warming comments from guests that have stayed here that are very happy and thankful !!!
P.S. This is the 1st bad review I have received to the best of my knowledge.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Bluffs
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Madison Inn
Madison Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Tivoli Inn? Share your experiences!