“dining with a view”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Woonsocket, Rhode Island
“dining with a view”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

every year during our trip to the vineyard we always make it a point to go to coop de ville restaurant at dockside marketplace in oak bluffs.They have great food at an affordable price.The menu includes seafood,wings,a variety of sandwiches and anything in between.It is not a fancy place and it's outside but the view of the boats in the harbor makes it worth the trip while you enjoy a delicious meal.You may have to wait to get seated as it is very busy during the summer season,but the wait is worth it.We went this year the week after labor day and there was no waiting,and had a great dining experience.I would recommend you try coop de ville on you next trip to the vineyard.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank bruce877

“Total tourist trap”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

If you want a restaurant overlooking the Marina at Oak Bluffs, with a barker pulling you in and very poor food at a high price, then you are the type for this place.
The fried clams that they tout were doughy, thick fried and no taste of clams. Very small portion of clams at a inflated price. Limited beer options
There were not many choices of beers. Service was okay.

1 Thank Mornayway
Port Washington, NY
“Enjoyed By Whole Family”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We missed our 9:30 ferry from Wood's Hole to Oak Bluffs and ended up taking the 9:45 "freight ferry" to Vineyard Haven, which meant we needed to take a cab from Vineyard Haven to Oak Bluffs. On the way, I chatted with the driver and asked him (as a local) where he would go for a good lunch in Oak Bluffs (so, it wasn't like he was shilling for this restaurant; I asked him, he didn't volunteer). He told us he knew the owner of Coop de Ville and that they had excellent chicken wings.

He didn't need to say another word, as my sons will go ANYWHERE that has excellent chicken wings. Despite all of the other places I had researched, for the next few hours I got "Can't we go to the place with the great wings"? So, we did.

Turns out to have been a good decision. The wings were, in fact, pretty good (both my wife and I went to school in Buffalo, so we know good wings . . .). Even better were the stuffed Quahogs (so much so that we stopped back before leaving the island for a couple more orders). My wife and I thought the chowder was excellent. My kids thought the chicken tenders & popcorn chicken were the best they've ever had (my daughter actually said "From now on, any time I eat chicken tenders, I will be comparing them to these . . ."). My wife found a new beer (Imperial, from Costa Rica) and they even had cans of hard cider.

The owner chatted with virtually every table, and not the "so, how was your meal?" banter. He talked with one table (seemed to be repeat customers) about their vacation, and spent five minutes or more at our table, where we talked about his friend Dave Alton (of Martha's Vineyard Tranport & Tours, our tour guide for that afternoon).

Would definitely eat here again. In fact, we all joked about taking the ferry back to MV just to get some more wings and stuffed Quahogs.

2 Thank Adam B
Butler
“good burger”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

we stopped here after a long day of bike riding, we were hungry and tired and wanted something inexpensive but filling. We decided on burgers. The food was good, the burgers were just what we were looking for. The table beside us got the wings and they looked and smelled fantastic! Overall not a bad meal, burgers, soft drinks, and onion rings came to around $40.00 for the two of us, kind of steep for burgers, but considering the area, this was not bad. Service was not the best, but we enjoyed it just the same.

Stoughton, Massachusetts
“for a cup of chowder, it's just ok”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Wanted a cup of chowder so we stopped at the Coop de Ville take out. The sign said $5.99 for a bowl but the price was $6.50 and the girl behind the counter said she did not know why they never change the sign and price but it is $6.50 plus taxes Made with milk, not cream and not at all thick and creamy as New England Clam Chowder should be. It was not bad soup just not up to the standard for a New Englander as I.