“Great Hidden Local Gem”

Ranked #25 of 55 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Ocean View Restaurant and Tavern is an Oak Bluffs year round Martha's Vineyard local tradition. Owned and operated by the Santoro Hospitality Group (Lookout Tavern- Fishbones- Ocean View), this establishment is known and loved by all the locals. Located at walking distance from Oak Bluffs harbor and the Steamship Authority Terminal is the perfect place if you are coming to visit Martha's Vineyard for the day. Ocean View Restaurant and Tavern is the Best Value for your Dollar, offering delicious full dinners with a salad bar in one of the two gracious dining rooms, or sit back, relax and enjoy pizza, sandwiches or many of the other signature dishes on the menu such as our Certified Angus Prime Rib cooked to perfection - "Best on the Island" or our famous succulent local (in season) lobster dish or our juicy Certified Angus Beef Burger cooked to order to name a few!
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Best place to eat in OB and by far the best deal in town if you eat off the bar menu!
Pizza, burgers, great sandwiches, and apps!!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

There was not enough help. The bartender was so busy that she couldn't get to everybody. I go there year round and every single time I order, the take out order is wrong.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

A hidden gem that locals love. We liked it so much we held our wedding reception there. Their Chicken Cordon Bleu was unbelievable.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I really wish I could have liked this restaurant since we tried it 5 years ago and was diappointed then, I figured I would give it another shot. I can't believe it was even worse. My husband ordered a fishermans platter and when it came out it was wrong, all wrong. Our server, who was very sweet, had given him the appetizer instead so when she came around to ask how everything was, he asked if he had gotten the right dinner, she left and came back with a manager. The manager had told him that she was fairly new at this (fair enough) and that she would bring out "the rest" of the fishermans platter. That should work right? Boy, were we surprised when they brought out (are you ready for this) One small peice of sole and ONE shrimp. The couple we were with ordered appetizers (they came out still frozen) and we can tell they were from Costco. i think they need to set up their game as far as serving good food. There are too many other restaurants who serve fresh food on this island and aren't as expensive. two thumbs down!

1  Thank metinky
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Josh was our fantastic server last night, my husband and I really enjoyed our dinner. We had not been here in over ten years and it was like going home, but with some nice updates! We were seated right away at around 7, the Sox game was on all of the TVs. We shared a French Onion Soup, it was very tasty and served hot, but not so hot that we could not enjoy it immediately. After a long, fun day of seeing the Island and walking the beach, we decided to get Steak and Cheese sandwiches (they had already run out of their famous prime rib). Being from Philly, I know a good cheesesteak and these were delicious. The chef melts the cheese on top, instead of in the sandwich, but it was very tasty nonetheless. Yes, We subbed American cheese for their advertised Swiss. We'd go back in a jiffy!