“Beautiful restaurant with good food”
Review of Hooked - CLOSED

Hooked
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had a lobster that was really good. Not great, but really good. The clam chowder was excellent too. The restaurant is very tastefully decorated and the staff very attentive and helpful. I would return to this restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

I wish I would have read the reviews for Hooked before going. I put my trust in a local's recommendation, only to realize that this local was trying to save a sinking ship!
Hooked was a huge disappointment. To sum up this review in as few words as possible, I can't understand how a competent chef can serve such poor quality food to a paying customer and then expect this customer to return and recommend this restaurant to friends. After reading the many reviews for Hooked it is obvious that a trained and qualified chef is much needed for this establishment to stay in business. This also brings me to the wait staff and the manager on duty. I could write many paragraphs on the inadequacies of the wait staff and manager.
One word of advice for the owner....please read the reviews from customers and please hire or train the current staff in what "Customer Service means and how to treat the customer"

One more piece of advice..,. please pay attention to your bill. The price shown on the menu is not what ended up on the bill!

1  Thank Tonya K
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great atmosphere here. Saw DJ Rockwell spinning some funk. Food was good, service was good. Just a good time overall. If you like music and are tired of dive bars on the island, this is the place to be.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

We've eaten at most of the restaurants in the 15 years we have been spending summers at MV. There are so many good places to eat! We dined at Hooked this weekend and really enjoyed our dinner. The swordfish catch of the day was perfectly prepared. The fried chicken was heavenly and the French fries are like none we've ever eaten! The service was very good too. We recommend giving Hooked a try.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I tried this restaurant because of a friends's suggestion.She said excellent food.Three of us went and service was so bad.Had to ask for H2O few times,bread a couple of times and also pepper a couple of times.I asked how a scallop entree was prepared and waitress gave me inaccurate.What came to me was casserole.Bottom was soft brown beans, middle layer was pieces of scallops and top was layered with potatoe chips which were ?broiled.I sent it back.My second choice of salad arrived when my other 2 guests were done with their meals.One guest had seafood dish that was covered with stewed tomatoes and that's all he tasted.One guest had jumbolaya and said it was very good.Waitress never smiled, never asked if we wanted another drink, and if we were happy with meal.Was not a very busy night.Tried to talk with desk staff on way out but had many customers.Spoke with manager next day and did not feel she was understanding.Sent a letter with our bill and never heard back from them.This was formerly Lola's which we were always happy with.

we did know that one side of restaurant is usually loud but chose this side anyway and it was super loud!Will never go back!

2  Thank kroy60