“Back from the Island Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Island Inn

Island Inn
Ranked #8 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Connecticut
“Back from the Island Inn”
Reviewed August 21, 2005

We just got back last night from the Vineyard, we stayed at the Island Inn for four nights. We stayed in the one bedroom condo, it had one and 1/2 baths, a bedroom with a queen bed, two twin beds and a pull out sleeper. The kitchen had a large fridge, a small two burner stove, microwave and coffee pot. The kitchen was also stocked with dishes, glasses, and utensils. We enjoyed our stay, the hotel was clean and comfortable, we had a nice deck and the view was also nice. The pool is clean and there are plenty of lounge chairs and tables to sit at. There are grills that you can use on the grounds and we cooked out one night. One of our favorite parts of the Island Inn was the bar/restaurant on the property...Lola's. The food was great and every night they had live entertainment. We had a blast! Lola's is very nice inside, they have two patios, we were able to sit and have drinks. It was also decorated nicely. It was great to be able to walk right out of our door to Lola's. All in all I would recommend the Inn to anyone, it does need updating and isn't anything spectacular but the price was right and it served it's purpose.

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank spankyCT

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed July 16, 2005

I stayed at this inn several times last summer and renewed my relationship with the friendly staff once again this summer when I booked a two night stay. I was surprised ( and pleased) to be greeted by my first name and with a smile, a feeling that the staff cared about the customer and was eager to help vacationers to be "at home " . This resort is sprawling and there are some rooms that are more private than others, so you can request something in a more private location if you prefer that. I have found that this resort can be casual and homelike, which is the way I prefer to vacation. If I wanted high glitz and glamour I would be in the city with the traffic and the crystal chandeliers and valet parking. The rooms vary in size and shape but the resort is well loved by those who know it. The manager mentioned that there are many families which come back year after year. My favorite activity is to lie down by the pool with a good book. The grounds are ablaze with color. Try it. you'll like it...a good value with a warm staff.

• Stayed June 2005
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed July 3, 2005

I love this place!!!!! There are no pretences at the Island Inn. You can relax and feel pampered at the same time. Management is friendly and courteous with a touch of class. I had a spacious condo suite with a fireplace and well stocked kitchen. The grounds are immaculate with several well groomed flower beds throughout the park- like grounds. I relaxed by their pool and found my entire stay to be comfortable and satisfying. The inn has grills and play areas for children as well as tennis courts. I have stayed on several occasions and like the homey atmosphere here. It's a busy place , but they manage to make you feel at home. This is not the place to go if you want to live a high style vacation, it's a place to unwind and enjoy the unspoiled feeling of a home away from home. For the price, the accomodations were just right.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank fransbaking
Reviewed April 4, 2005

As I have been to Martha's Vineyard for many years renting houses or staying in B&B's we decided to try the Island Inn as we had driven by it so many times.

We arrived to find ourselves in a so called one bedroom apartment. It was very very rustic and very unappealing. Nothing had been updated since the property was built. The bathroom was old and antiquated. The paint was peeling and the air didnt circulate very well in there.

The bed springs made so much noise when turning over that I didnt sleep very well for three nights.

Twice I jumped out of bed to answer the phone that was on the high boy dresser across this very small room. Much to my surprise it wasnt our phone but the phone in the apartment above us.

I did complain to the front desk but since they had no other rooms to put us in it became a moot issue.

If you are looking for an upscale property this is surely not the one to go to.
This will not be high on my list to return to.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 10, 2004

The grounds are nice, but don't let them put you in a botton unit. The ceiling/floor was paper thin. We heard nonstop noise from the upstairs unit. We planned on staying three nights but felt we needed to leave after only one night. Management cound not put us in a another unit but they gave us back our deposit on the additional nights. In addition, the room felt dirty and was not very well maintained. There was an exposed electrical socket and a cabinet door hanging on one hinge when we moved in. We found a cleaner and quieter place for less money. I recommend you do the same.

• Stayed July 2004
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2004

If you can overlook the details, this might be the place for you. Although I can only speak for the room I stayed in (B4), I must say the owners have some work to do. Here's a few details I had issues with. Rust on the radiator, cooking grease on the walls, mismatched paint on the walls, plaster peeling from the ceiling and a shower that wouldn't drain to name a few. The grounds were nice, except for the entrance way, and Nicola did a great job cleaning the room but for $200 a night, I felt taken. I know it's MV and everything is expensive but this place was a $110 a night at best.

3 Thank David F
Reviewed June 24, 2004

The Island Inn was fantastic! The grounds are stunning, and the location is perfect. Lola's is located across the street, with live music and great food. The Island Inn is worth the stay...

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Narragansett House
Narragansett House
#6 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Island Inn? Share your experiences!