“Best lobster roll of the week !”
Review of Lookout Tavern

Lookout Tavern
Ranked #3 of 54 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Called Lookout Tavern for a reason, the establishment has one of THE best water views on Martha's Vineyard! Overlooking the Nantucket Sound, the Lookout Tavern caters to both sea and land lovers alike. Known for it's amazing sushi, raw bar and seafood, Lookout also offers diners great sandwiches and burgers.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

After spending a day exploring on the island we dropped of the car a little early for the ferry and headed to Lookout Tavern. Not really a tavern per se, but an open air restaurant with a little bit of everything. Clean and well kept with a very nice staff. I had been eating lobster rolls all week whenever I could and the sauted lobster roll server to me here was fabulous, I wish I could find something even close to it back home ! We also had some of the calamari and I thought it was some of the best I have ever had, great breading and the yellow peppers served with it gave a great added flavor. Be warned there is a new pier being built accross the street so there might be some distraction during the workday, but don't let that stop you from trying a great little joint. Location is very close the the ferry dock in Oak Bluff which makes it great if you are a daytripper as we were.

There are newer reviews for Lookout Tavern

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Great food and service. The place was packed but they got us in quick and fast service. View was ok but only because they are doing some construction work across the street and we had a view of a backhoe. :-).

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Enjoyed a family dinner at the Lookout Tavern. The place lived up to other reviews; loud, lively, and good casual eating menu. The service was fast and friendly. Their lobster roll was stuffed with large chunks of fresh tasty lobster meat and mixed with a light mayonnaise sauce. Their clam chowder was also excellent. The kids meals were typical and average. Currently there is construction across the road which spoils the view of the water, but there are plenty of large screen tvs and people watching opportunities inside the tavern. I would recommend the Tavern to families or groups looking to have a fun meal in a loud atmosphere.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great place for famiy in Oak Bluffs overlooking the water. Awesom chowder. Good seafood. Good pace for the family.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was trying to explain this restaurant to a friend. I don't know what it is. A sport bar? It has TV's. A sushi bar? It has sushi. A burger joint? It has Tuesday burger specials? A neighborhood hangout? It seemed there were lots of local there.

I think it is all of the above. It sits all by itself on Seaview Lane, right across the street from the Woods Hole, Oak Bluffs ferry. I think when people want to have a variety of foods and need a place to meet that everyone can find, this is it.

Of course one of the attractions is that it overlooks the ocean. But that view is across Seaview, over the parked cars, and down the embankment. Since the restaurant is not in the harbor, the view can be pretty uninspiring at time. And the sun actually set to one side of the restaurant so it isn't a romantic, sunset type of place.

But it is popular and parking can be challenging. We happened to walk to the restaurant but while sitting at the railing waiting for our Tuesday hamburger night special, we could see cars cruising up and down Seaview hoping a spot would open up.

The burgers were big. The mound of thin fries were fresh out of the oil. The buzz in the restaurant was pleasant as small groups congregated for dinner. It was a pleasant evening with good food and an ocean view. Can't be too unhappy about that.