“Sushi is to die for.”
Review of Lookout Tavern

Lookout Tavern
Ranked #6 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Sushi, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Called Lookout Tavern for a reason, the establishment has one of THE best water views on Martha's Vineyard! Overlooking the Nantucket Sound, the Lookout Tavern caters to both sea and land lovers alike. Known for it's amazing sushi, raw bar and seafood, Lookout also offers diners great sandwiches and burgers.
“Sushi is to die for.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Sushi is fresh made and delish! Drink menu is large with great beer, wine, or cocktail options. Our server Mike was both funny and fast with our food, drinks, check, etc. AND THE VIEWS!!! Not just the ocean, but the people watching is great.

Visited September 2012

Edgartown, Massachusetts
“New twist on an old favorite!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

A new twist on my favorite sushi place. (also good raw bar, cooked seafood and many non-fish menu items) Great water view, recent renovations and great service. We have been here many times, we live less than a mile away and probably eat here 6-8 times a summer. Especially appreciate that the staff is not the least bit arrogant unlike neighboring restaurants. Last night we came in late and sat at the end of the bar, facing the kitchen probably the worst seat in the house BUT I had a front row seat to all of the food handling. Large staff, bartenders, waitresses, raw bar guy, sushi chef, kitchen staff... IMPECCABLE FOOD HANDLING Not one mishandled item. A new level of comfort for me with an old favorite.

• Visited September 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Oh my goodness, oh my dayum!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Bloody marys so good you'll forget about every other BM you ever had. Chicken in Paradise is a delight to the taste buds--dayum, dayum, dayum!!. Great casual atmosphere that will make you think you are in the keys. Highly recommended!!

1 Thank turbocon86
“Fun spot, Great Sushi”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

During our recent day trip to MV, we stopped for lunch at the Lookout Tavern. I was looking for sushi, and some locals recommended the tavern. I am rather difficult to please in the sushi department, and I have to say, although extremely pricey,( as with everything on the island) I was not disappointed! My concern is always freshness, and they were making and serving so much, there is no way it couldn't be fresh! The rolls were of a good size as well. My friends ordered burgers and salads, they were pleased as well.

The place was busy. It's pretty small and cramped, but offers a beautiful view of the ocean and offers a lot of outdoor seating. The service was so so, not the friendliest, and pretty slow, but that's pretty common on the island.

Overall, I would recommend The Lookout Tavern for food and drinks...especially if you are looking for good sushi.

• Visited August 2012
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Stopped in for a drink while we waited for the ferry. Had the Spicy Tuna Roll with a few draft beers. Was crowded mid afternoon on a Thursday, but service was great. Has an open porch with Views of the sound.

Visited August 2012