“Cute alpaca's and nice gift shop”

Island Alpaca Company of Martha's Vineyard
Ranked #6 of 50 things to do in Oak Bluffs
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Island Alpaca invites you to bring the family and friend for a unique experience, including a gift shop filled with locally grown garments, and down-on-the-farm furry, fun. Take their self-guided, walking tour from to arrive at the 2,400 square foot antique Post & Beam Barn. Get up close with the friendly fluffy alpaca and meet our new babies... (over 50 of them!) in our very special viewing area. Enjoy some tasty treats and hot cider while watching our alpaca or take in their alpaca video presentation. Bring a sample of their fleece harvest home to your family and friends! (Alpaca's are also for sale!) Open daily, 10 to 4 pm, rain or shine. See you at the farm!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We enjoyed our visit to the Alpaca Farm. we can view the alpacas quite close and see them eat and intermingle with each other. There is a gift shop with an assortment of products made from the alpaca fur. They sell socks,sweater, jackets, stuffed toys, scarves etc. Children would enjoy seeing the alpaca. The staff were friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

There sure were a lot of alpacas. They make pleasant little noises. We got to see several newborn cria as well - Lucky us!
The shop is packed with nice things including a whole lot of lovely yarns in natural alpaca shades.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stopped by the alpaca farm since I had some time before I needed to get to my next destination. I took the #1 bus to the farm. It can be a little challenging getting to different places in Martha's Vineyard if you don't have a car. But, I relied on taking the bus, which was much less than taking a cab. I visited the farm during the off season and it opened at 10am. I was the only guest there and one of the staff members told me about the alpacas and let me pet them. The alpacas were so cute! They are cautious animals so remember to speak softly when you are near them. I visited the gift shop as well and found some neat gifts, such as finger puppets, a pen in the shape of an alpaca, postcards, etc. Overall, it was a fun visit and I recommend it as a family friendly activity.

1  Thank Julie N
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Really enjoyed seeing all the alpaca's, you can get very close to them. So close I was inches away from getting sneezed on! Very fun, might go again while my husband and I are here for a few more days.

1  Thank BelvedereInnOfCapeCod
Reviewed October 14, 2012

These animals are very sweet and facinating. The women that work here really know thier stuff.
The store is a hidden gem for unique souveniers too.