“Best Fried Chicken I've ever had!!”

The Red Cat Kitchen at Ken N' Beck
Ranked #2 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
“Best Fried Chicken I've ever had!!”
Reviewed October 3, 2011

Amazing margarita to start, then best fried chicken (lots for 1 person) and ended by an incredible choclate mousse with fresh made butter cookies. Great meal!!

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Barbara D

massachusetts
“Best meal I've had on the Vineyard”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

My partner and I wanted a nice, romantic night out for dinner and Ken 'n Beck surpassed our expectations. We walked by and were impressed by the non-touristy feel of the place and the unique menu. It was one of those places where you could tell you were going to get a solid meal.

We had the house-made pickles and the fried chicken with gravy, collard greens and cornbread. Even though this is a down-home kind of meal, the chef really made it into a 4-star meal. Fresh, local ingredients were part of the equation, but really you could just tell that the chef is someone who enjoys food as much as we do. Fun, selective menu. Great woodsy, dark, romantic atmosphere--a far cry from the fancy white tablecloth establishments.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank sighclub
West Tisbury, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Fresh Food”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I love this place and have been there 4 times in one month, The food is amazing, fresh, the ambiance is charming and cozy located in place of Zapotec. They make everything from scratch and it shows in every bite you take. We ordered the corn-meal fried oysters in remoulade which were excellent according to my friend, not willing to share them. The Gazpachio soup was refreshing and delicious, the bean salad was addictive, my husband had to move his plate away from me. For the entrees, my friend ordered lobster tacos, they were beautiful plated and looked too pretty to eat but managed to wheedle a taste, he couldn't stop talking about how great they were. He was
right! I found that the Morning Glory Farm corn succotash was the perfect
accompaniment to the generous serving of sweet fresh lobster meat that
filled fried-to-order taco shells. It is an amazing dish with all the
different textures and tastes enhancing each others deliciousness.
The duck breast with the chocolate mole, grits and beet salad was amazing, the Striped Bass just caught that morning with herbes the provences and vegetables, was exquisite, the pulled pork enchilada was comforting and the plate was wiped clean.

Oh I almost forgot about desert - I don't understand, nobody ever want to order desert but there are 4 spoons furiously going at the Gateau Gilbert with fresh blueberries accompanied with creme anglaise and the chocolate pudding, and nothing was left.

My compliments to the Chef!

NB. They have now their liquor license.

Visited July 2011
1 Thank Celine S
Newton, Massachusetts
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I had the lobster tacos. A small amount of lobster with some sweet corn in three grocery-store hard taco shells. A dollop of sour cream on the side and a dish of pico de gallo. Very ordinary and expensive, $24 I think. One thin paper napkin and no refill of my empty water glass. No liquor license yet.

• Visited August 2011
, Owner at The Red Cat Kitchen at Ken N' Beck, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We are under new management headed by renowned Island Chef Ben deForest- our food tops the charts for fresh, inventive, local cuisine. Let us knock your socks off this summer!!
Millburn, N.J.
“Amazing!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

We happened onto this restaurant when we tried to go to Zapotec, our favorite Mexican restaurant to visit on the island whenever we are on vacation. To our surprise, Ken N'Beck had replaced it, but based on the menu, we decided to give it a try. To say the least, it surpassed all of our expectations. While they are still waiting for their liquor license (the only negative), the food was nothing short of spectacular incredibly fresh and well prepared. The fried chicken is to die for and the accompanying mac and cheese was literally the best I (or my teenage children) ever had. The rest of the menu: lobster tacos, flank steak fajitas, fresh fish were equally delicious. It was so good -- by far the best meal we had on the Vineyard -- that we returned for our final night. A great addition.

• Visited August 2011