“Excellent Food but a little pricey for dinner”

Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: BEST CHOWDER IN NEW ENGLAND FROM YANKEE MAGAZINE, BEST CHOWDER 2015 from CAPE & ISLANDS MAGAZINE, MV MAGAZINE and winner of the 2015 MV CHOWDER CONTEST!! - Copper and mahogany grace our nautically chic dining room creating a casual-fine dining atmosphere. Fresh, local when available seafood, pasture raised steaks, all-natural chicken, craft cocktails, 15 beers on tap and of course the best award winning chowder in the country are waiting for your visit to our beautiful island. Play a game in our 5000 Sq Ft 21+ game room 'LoFT' upstairs (Which features 6 pool tables, darts, foosball, Shuffleboard tables, ping pong, full bar, jukebox & more) or entertain yourself in our large, comfortable bar and enjoy an authentic Martha's Vineyard experience while being catered to by the most attentive staff in New England. Welcome to the Martha's VIneyard Chowder Company!
Reviewed July 8, 2018

We ate dinner there while waiting for our boat home for the day. We had the fish & chips and my husband also had a bowl of the acclaimed clam chowder which my husband said was just good, but not the best he's ever had. It was the best tasting fish we had in New England though, but the portion size was too large. That size was reflected in the cost. We ate all the fish, but I left most of my sweet potato fries which I didn't care that much for anyway. I've had better at other restaurants in the past. I wished I had ordered the regular fries.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

I’ve given a good review due to the quality of the food and the good service. However I wasn’t a fan of the way the lobster roll was prepared, despite having read the reviews of the lobster rolls not having mayo and still decided to give it a try. I thought it wouldn’t make much of a difference but it really did. I didn’t care for it at all - not sure why, as I love lobster. Perhaps since it is served cold, and needed the mayo neutralizer to offset the fish taste? Anyhow, it was quality food and a heaping amount of lobster, just be sure you are comfortable with this before spending the money.

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

A thin, broth based chowder, full of flavor and bits of clam.
The lobster roll is prepared with bacon and preserved lemon peel. While there is a lot of lobster, the bacon combo isn’t a winner if you’re a purist.

Reviewed July 2, 2018 via mobile

Went here with my wife and two teens. The food was really great. Recommend the lobster mac n' cheese. Also, the pork schnitzel was great. Good wine list. Not cheap but not overly pricey. Our waiter was nice but spent way too long explaining the menu (we can read just fine) and asked us at least 5 times if everything was ok (we will let you know if it's not). I hate to mark the place down for the service, and some may even like being fawned over, but this was over the top. Great food though. Would go back for certain.

Reviewed July 1, 2018

Ate here during our honeymoon. Truly outstanding! If I ever get back to Martha's Vineyard, it will be my first stop and my last. The oysters, the clam chowder, the cocktails, the seafood risotto... oh, and the lobster/scallop truffle mac n cheese was one of the best things I've ever eaten! Everything was exceptional, especially the work of our server Gordana. Thank you Gordana!

Date of visit: June 2018