“Great dining experience”

Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: BEST CHOWDER IN NEW ENGLAND FROM YANKEE MAGAZINE, BEST CHOWDER 2015 from CAPE & ISLANDS MAGAZINE, MV MAGAZINE and winner of the 2015 MV CHOWDER CONTEST!! - Copper and mahogany grace our nautically chic dining room creating a casual-fine dining atmosphere. Fresh, local when available seafood, pasture raised steaks, all-natural chicken, craft cocktails, 15 beers on tap and of course the best award winning chowder in the country are waiting for your visit to our beautiful island. Play a game in our 5000 Sq Ft 21+ game room 'LoFT' upstairs (Which features 6 pool tables, darts, foosball, Shuffleboard tables, ping pong, full bar, jukebox & more) or entertain yourself in our large, comfortable bar and enjoy an authentic Martha's Vineyard experience while being catered to by the most attentive staff in New England. Welcome to the Martha's VIneyard Chowder Company!
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I went here with a friend for dinner. This is the second year and things are very much the same (In good ways). I found the service to be great and attentive. The food was prepared fresh and creatively. You can see the kitchen through a window (a cool detail I've learned to like). The portions are large though so bring some appetite with you. I of course had to try the chowder, which was good (the best? I don't know but worth it). The atmosphere is very nice and everything is kept clean. There is a large bar area if you're passing through and just want to get a bite.
I would go here again easily. Two years in a row and two consistent great meals.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Our most elegant and delicious dining experience during the week we spent on the island. Well worth the brief wait. Chowder is great, the rest of our meal was too!

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Well I was in MV for a couple of days and decided to try this restaurant since the owner of my BB suggested it. The chowder is simply delicious. Since I moved back to Europe years ago I very rarely have a chowder probably only when I go to the States which also doesn't happen very often. This was a very ggod one. The food in general was good . The ambiance is also nice: you can sit at the bar and chat away with people while having your meal. This is something that we don't really have here and is one of the things I missi about the US. Together with the chowder...

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went there for an early evening NY Eve dinner and wondering if it was wise. Most restaurants we visited on this very busy night never excelled in quality, service or variety. And to our delightful surprise, the MV Chowder Company went over board to dispel prove us wrong. The meal was one of the best I ever had, the service and attention was exquisite, the cost was quite reasonable and the variety of menu items was outstanding. The atmosphere was Vineyard chic and the noise level was better than anywhere else we went on NY Eve, We couldn't have asked for anything better. Hats off to JB and his crew for a job well done.

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I had read up on the restaurants in Vineyard Haven and this particular place got rave reviews for their world class clam chowder. It would happen on a typhoon type rain day where the rain was pouring in side ways that we would go to this place and not only enjoy the best chowder we have ever had but also have a great time with the waitstaff of Kat & Fos who was in training! We had great service, good food and yes the place was empty being offseason and pouring cats & dogs, but our sense of service we believe would be the same whether it was busy or quiet! At one point the Manager came over and wanted to hear about our dining experiences at other establishments! Who does that? A great time was had by all! I had the chicken with smashed potatoes and string beans, quite tasty! I decided to have desert and tried the Boston Cream Cake! I felt it was a little dry as I am used to a more moist cake! With all things priced higher than the main land, the bill was $61 for my dinner and my partner who enjoyed the clam chowder with a Caesar Salad, 2 soft drinks, 2 coffees and the one dessert !

1  Thank MILLANDRO