“A must experience!”

Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 52 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: BEST CHOWDER IN NEW ENGLAND FROM YANKEE MAGAZINE, BEST CHOWDER 2015 from CAPE & ISLANDS MAGAZINE, MV MAGAZINE and winner of the 2015 MV CHOWDER CONTEST!! - Copper and mahogany grace our nautically chic dining room creating a casual-fine dining atmosphere. Fresh, local when available seafood, pasture raised steaks, all-natural chicken, craft cocktails, 15 beers on tap and of course the best award winning chowder in the country are waiting for your visit to our beautiful island. Play a game in our 5000 Sq Ft 21+ game room 'LoFT' upstairs (Which features 6 pool tables, darts, foosball, Shuffleboard tables, ping pong, full bar, jukebox & more) or entertain yourself in our large, comfortable bar and enjoy an authentic Martha's Vineyard experience while being catered to by the most attentive staff in New England. Welcome to the Martha's VIneyard Chowder Company!
Mint Hill, North Carolina
“A must experience!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I had read up on the restaurants in Vineyard Haven and this particular place got rave reviews for their world class clam chowder. It would happen on a typhoon type rain day where the rain was pouring in side ways that we would go to this place and not only enjoy the best chowder we have ever had but also have a great time with the waitstaff of Kat & Fos who was in training! We had great service, good food and yes the place was empty being offseason and pouring cats & dogs, but our sense of service we believe would be the same whether it was busy or quiet! At one point the Manager came over and wanted to hear about our dining experiences at other establishments! Who does that? A great time was had by all! I had the chicken with smashed potatoes and string beans, quite tasty! I decided to have desert and tried the Boston Cream Cake! I felt it was a little dry as I am used to a more moist cake! With all things priced higher than the main land, the bill was $61 for my dinner and my partner who enjoyed the clam chowder with a Caesar Salad, 2 soft drinks, 2 coffees and the one dessert !

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MILLANDRO

“Truly the best chowder I've ever had...”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

And I live in New England! We stopped in on a cold night and needed some soup. Best I have ever had! What was really nice was the diversity of the menu since not everyone in our party likes shellfish. Grilled Salmon was nicely done and my husband loved is grilled scallops. Service was very good, delightful gentleman who made us feel right at home.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Mccardinalphoto
Nyack, New York
“Simply delicious”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Well, they live up to their name. They have the best clam chowder I have ever had, so definitely get a bowl of that! I had the lobster roll, which was very different but delicious none the less. It was a very cool atmosphere inside, a little classy, but you can walk in with jeans and a tshirt on. I would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
London
“Outstanding Steaks!”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I had been disappointed by a steak I had had the night before in Cape Cod so my expectations to have a great steak were very high.

upon arrival we were greeted and seated immediately. Our waiter (sorry can not remember his name) was very attentive and was able to answer any questions we had about the menu with ease. I asked could I order a 'Surf and Turf' although it was not on the menu and he went through the various options that he though would be available to me and then went to confer with the chef.

We had starters of Oysters which were fresh and fat, they were served with a lovely salsa and dressing.

My steak was cooked perfectly, with equally perfectly cooked scallops.

We had so wanted to try the Award Winning Chowder and the Boston Cream Pie, that we decided to return the next day and eat there again for lunch. Once again we were not disappointed with our meal.

So if you are ever in Oak Bluff's, do not hesitate to visit this wonderful place.

• Visited November 2013
Bolivia, North Carolina
“Awesome Fried Oysters”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great place to eat very close to the ferry docks. My wife and loved the clam chowder and the fried oysters were awesome. We also loved the dipping sauce that came with the oysters. Very friendly staff and good cold beer!

• Visited October 2013