“WHOA!!”

Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company
Reserve with OpenTable
Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: BEST CHOWDER IN NEW ENGLAND FROM YANKEE MAGAZINE, BEST CHOWDER 2015 from CAPE & ISLANDS MAGAZINE, MV MAGAZINE and winner of the 2015 MV CHOWDER CONTEST!! - Copper and mahogany grace our nautically chic dining room creating a casual-fine dining atmosphere. Fresh, local when available seafood, pasture raised steaks, all-natural chicken, craft cocktails, 15 beers on tap and of course the best award winning chowder in the country are waiting for your visit to our beautiful island. Play a game in our 5000 Sq Ft 21+ game room 'LoFT' upstairs (Which features 6 pool tables, darts, foosball, Shuffleboard tables, ping pong, full bar, jukebox & more) or entertain yourself in our large, comfortable bar and enjoy an authentic Martha's Vineyard experience while being catered to by the most attentive staff in New England. Welcome to the Martha's VIneyard Chowder Company!
White Plains, New York, USA
“WHOA!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

You only think it's a pub, but it's so much more. Great entertainment, great drink and food menu. Options to sit at the bar or in the back for a more private eating experience - either is great! Oysters, lobsters and scallops GO FOR IT!! Exceptional!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank NewYorker0122

Providence, Rhode Island
“Best place to go if your on a diet.”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Here's my take on this restaurant. I had a bowl of chowder and fish and chips. The Chowder was good. The fish and chip should be renamed. "Just Chip". the piece of fish they served with the meal was ridiculously small. I honestly didn't think you could slice fish so thin and fry it. When the waiter removed our plates and asked us if we wanted dessert I jokingly commented that I so full from the fish and chips, that I couldn't eat 1 more thing. Even she laugh!!!

Visited August 2013
SharkOwner, Owner at Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Hi there- our standard fish and chips platter contains 12-18 ounces (almost a pound!) of Haddock while our lunch serving is 6-8 ounces...if you received anything less I am very sorry but in 3 seasons and thousands of portions it is the first complaint we have received about that dish and I am truly sorry. I hope you spoke with one of our attentive managers who would have rectified the situation immediately. Thanks for joining us. JB
“Best seared tuna we've had in US or Europe.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We had a first rate dinner here. The seared tuna was outstanding: fresh catch this morning, very lightly marinaded, seared perfectly so soft, succulent and delicious. Mushroom sauce on spinach & mushroom ravioli also superb. Very tasty, though quite thin (which we liked) clam chowder. Service was friendly but unobtrusive.

“Best Chowder? NOT”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited this restaurant for a bowl of chowder due to it's "Best Chowder Award". All I can say is that they must have been making a different recipe when they received that award. It was so salty you couldn't eat it. When we told the waitress, it was more of an "oh well" attitude that we got. And we really thought that $34 for 2 bowls of chowder and 1 local beer is very excessive. They also boast about their lobster rolls, but after the chowder experience, we won't be returning.

• Visited August 2013
SharkOwner, Owner at Martha's Vineyard Chowder Company, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hi there- very sorry to ready your review. A complete failure on our part to have anyone feel this way about any product we provide, let alone our award winning chowder. We constantly quality control our housemade chowder and I apologize if it was too salty during your visit...serving over 20 gallons a day we exhaust every effort to insure it is perfect, every ounce, every moment. Regarding the server, anybody who had a "oh well" attitude on our staff would be removed instantly so I am imagining there was a miscommunication- our staff is immensely caring, hard working and committed to your experience. For clarification our 16 ounce bowl of chowder is $11 and most of our beers are $5. I hope you contact me and do return for our lobster roll and a redo on the chowder. I 100% know you will be ecstatic with your experience. Thank you. JB
Dover, Massachusetts
“A great family dinner”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

This was our first family visit to the vineyard and after seeking out the best dinner options we ended up here bases on other great reviews. The food and ambience made for a perfect seafood dinner for our family of five . The menu had a great variety to please even the pickiest eaters and my entire group was fully satisfied. I would highly recommend the chowder and the chefs daily special of seared tuna was incredible.