“Apple Fritters are Amaaazzzing!!!”
Review of Back Door Donuts

Back Door Donuts
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Oak Bluffs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Boston, Massachusetts
“Apple Fritters are Amaaazzzing!!!”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went here late one night after reading the reviews. The apple fritters were absolutely delicious... and enormous! The donuts were average, but were nothing compared to the fritters.

We went at 12am on a Sunday night and there was no line. I will go here next time I am in MV, but will skip the donuts and just get fritters. They are a must!!

Phoenix, Arizona
“Had to do it for the novelty”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

These donuts smelled so good all day. We waited until 7:30 at night and got in line. The donuts are good but not good enough to wait in line. The novelty and waiting in line with others was a lot of fun. Getting a hot fresh donut was great but I have had better...I have also had many others that are worse. You should do this once just to say you did it but buy a milk too.

Visited July 2013
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“A Mandatory stop on your MV excursion!”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had heard this place was worth the wait, and boy was that the truth! We got in line at about 7:10PM with a small line already forming. (They are located behind the Post Office in Oak's Bluff). There was nothing there but a tiny window and sign, but a delicious smell was taunting us as we waited. We chatted with friendly people so the wait went by very quickly. By the time the door opened at 7:30PM, there was a considerable line, so getting there early was key. Donuts cost $1.00 a piece, with filled apple fritters and cinnamon buns costing more. It was worth every penny! The Apple fritters are an absolute must! Huge and delicious. I had a "fritter blackout" and don't remember eating the whole thing, but I did! Boston Crème donuts also heaven. Warm and fresh! We stocked up for breakfast tomorrow. They are only open from 7:30PM-1:00am, so no breakfast runs, you have to get them the night before. If you are really adventurous, you can get a donut sundae, with ice cream and all the fixings. I highly suggest the fritters! Make this a stop, you will not be disappointed!

1 Thank LPTeach07
“Apple Fritter Heaven”
Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

The apple fritter was huge and so yummy. I could not in good conscious eat the entire thing but I thought long and hard about it! My sweet tooth was very happy.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Yes, they are worth the wait...”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Don't let the line discourage you. While on the island, you have to have this experience of standing in line late at night to get hot donuts and pastries sold out of the back door of this bakery kitchen. The event of waiting is fun. My personal favorite is to get a chocolate donut and a coconut donut and alternate bites between the two. Decadent, I know, but hey, it's a Vineyard institution and I am on vacation. Try it, you'll like it. But be sure to bring enough donuts back for everyone else waiting for you elsewhere.

Visited August 2012