“Unbelieveable Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oak Bluffs
Kathleen's Kottage on Martha's Vineyard
Ranked #5 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is the first time I stayed overnight on the Vineyard. I went on-line and found Kathleen's Cottage and was amazed and how reasonable the price and what you got for it. My room was cozy and nice and refreshed daily. Note that it was VERY hot when I was there and there were air conditioning units in each of the rooms, as well as TV's as well. Kathleen suggested I try the outdoor shower. It was fantastic!

There is a cute living area, kitchen and great deck that you can choose from to sit back and relax. I tired each room during my stay. The breakfast was great. Kathleen had several types of coffee and muffins and pasteries and also went out of her way to offer hot items every day, one day it was an omlette, one day a fratate and one day waffles with fresh blueberries.

The locaton was great, easy walking distance to town, the ferry and the beach.

I plan on going back again next year and will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed at Kathleen's for 3 nights. My only regret was that we weren't staying longer. Everything was perfect , Kathleen made us feel right at home. Every morning she had a delicious homemade breakfast waiting for us. The accommodations were clean & spacious. We didn't have a car but didn't need one. It was a 5 minute walk to downtown & public transportation. I would highly recommend Kathleen's Kottage.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Spent 4 days with some really great friends at Kathleen's Kottage...they loved it! I had been there before, so the familarity of the place is why I went back...but it was better than I remembered! The home is very clean, neat and spacious for our needs. The "girls weekend" weather was perfect..we loved sitting on the deck, drinking our coffee in the am, watching the birds and marveling at their beautiful gardens. Kathleen is the perfect hostess! She takes great pride in her accomodations and it shows! The outdoor shower is "the bomb"...loved it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

My family and I visited Martha's Vineyard, from Belgium, in July 2011 and stayed for four nights at Kathleen's Kottage. It was our first trip to the island, we enjoyed it immensely, and can recommend Kathleen's Kottage without qualification. We stayed in the Mary O'Grady Suite, which is a suite of rooms detached from Kathleen's main cottage, and found it to be very comfortable and stylish, and fitted out with all the conveniences and amenities you might want or need (air conditioning, fans, two televisions, a great bathroom, clean towels and linens, etc etc). The suite was cleaned every day and immaculately maintained. I've stayed at five-star hotels, and our suite provided an equivalent level of comfort and quality -- it was worth the price charged. The real draw, however, is the relentlessly cheerful, resourceful, and informative Kathleen, who really catered to us and had great recommendations on places to visits and efficient ways of getting around. Kathleen's also a great cook, and prepared an invidualized, delicious breakfast for us each monring. There's a homey feel to the place (in a very good way) alongside the luxury. A great place to stay in Martha's Vineyard ...

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This is a great place to stay close to all the fun but yet quiet and relaxing. Kathleen is an awesome hostess.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 15, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a place to stay with our dog for a relaxing weekend. Kathleen was super friendly and was ready with dog biscuits, so of course our dog liked it there immediately. Across the street is a small park which is very convenient for that first walk of the day. Just down the road is the Trade Winds Field Preserve which has a nice trail around an unused grass air strip where dogs are allowed off leash. It was a good place to get some romping in before dinner.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Beautifully renovated with hard wood floors, brand new big fluffy queen bed,(slept like a baby), Homemade breakfasts each morning...Frittata one day, sougherdough French Toast the next, fresh coffee all day long, homebaked muffins and scones, and cookies each morning, yogurt with granola and fresH berries,(my personal faforite), trays of fresh fruit, etc.... it was rediculous. It was so clean, that I felt the need to clean before the maid came in. Kathleenn just offers every amnemity. Her door is always wide open and island music plays all day....just very layed back and inviting...relaxing. Kathleen was easy to talk to, but never in your space. I now call her my very good friend,

Also, I left a beautiful wallhanging in my room. Kathleen mailed it to me with a beautiful letter....it arrived one day after I did! She's a class act, and so is her home. I can't wait to go BACK!!!!!! Love Ya Kat!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Kathleen's Kottage on Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!