“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
clayville
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 6, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Nashua Hotel in Oak Bluffs on Martha's vineyard and we feel that we got an excellent price and the accommodation were very nice. The rooms were a little on the small side but it was fine because we only slept there.
The rooms and the bathrooms were VERY CLEAN AND CUTE. The room came with a balcony and we very much enjoyed sitting out there in the evening looking at the ocean and watching the people walk by.
The hotel is only a short walk from the Steamship ferry.
I would of liked to have seen morning coffee offered in the main lobby for the morning coffee drinkers, which I am one not but my husband is.
The lady who runs the Inn is very helpful in helping you decide what to do and see on the island. I even called her from our car rental and she gave us direction to place we were looking for.
The Inn keeper allows you to leave your luggage there if you get to the hotel before check in time and also after you check out you can leave the luggage until you are ready to leave the Island.
I would stay there again the next time we visit Marths Vineyard.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Oak Bluffs.
Marthas Vineyard is an excellent place to visit.

Mike and Laura Loomis

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 29, 2010

Nashua House hotel had great pricing, location, and such a friendly staff. Everything you really needed was either in your room or in the lobby. You can see the beach and ocean from the porch which is right across from a great bar and just feet from the main 'drag' of Oak Bluffs, no car needed. Lory ( the manager) was so accommodating. If you don't mind sharing a bathroom with one other room (which I honestly never even noticed) then you should give this a try. The rooms are adorable, beds are comfy, all in all it was a very relaxing and quiet place to stay. I will definately go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Center Moriches
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I have to say after reading some of the reviews I was nervous about the room being the size of a closet with the toilet running all night!! PLEASANTLY SUPPRISED - we stayed in room 1 - perfect size - view had a roof blocking half of it but we didn't mind. The balcony is shared and gives you a better view of the ocean. There is a bar right across the street from our room - of the four nights I only woke up once on Saturday night from the noise which was when the bar closed and everyone was on there way home so it only lasted about 15 minutes. The bathroom was always available when we needed and the room always clean. Great location within walking distance to everything worth while in Oak Bluffs. We enjoyed our stay and would go back again!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed May 3, 2010

The Nashua House is a place my fiance (soon to be husband) and I will continue to return to for the rest of our lives. The inn keepers are understated but absolutely in tune with guests' needs. The rooms are clean. The bathrooms are welcoming and impeccable. The ambience, as soon as you walk in, says, "Welcome to Oak Bluffs...You are now home." The rooms could not be more affordable (allowing you to spend your extra $ on one of many lovely meals/restaurants withing walking distance to the Nashua House). I will continue to recommend this place to anyone looking for a lovely getaway to the Vineyard.

Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Montreal
Reviewed April 13, 2010

Stayed there in May last year it was so nice we went back in September. Staff is very friendly, the hotel is located very near to the restaurants and shopping area in Oak Bluff, very clean rooms and quiet at night. If you go get the room with an ocean view, you can lie in your bed and watch the sun rise over the ocean. Martha's Vineyard and Nashua House is the best place to spend a fantastic vacation. Alvin Morris and Lisa, Montreal.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Stayed out of season, parked easily right outside the front porch. The lady on front desk was supremely helpful and informitive. Quaint clapboard mansion house very close to all the necessary amenities in town, and right next door to the quiet brew-pub (there is a god!).

As you ascend the stairs, every footstep brings a creek and groan from the wooden structure, somewhat comforting and very appropriate for the history of the island and it's elegant beauty. The rooms were small but beautifully in keeping with the surroundings, tastefully chintzy and colonial , small LCD TV and clean, modern bathroom facilities across the hall. The room went out onto the verrandah via a flyscreen door and overlooked the street and views to the sea on the right - very brisk and refreshing in October.

Sofas in the lobby along with all the maps, flyers, books and pamphlets needed to help explore the island. GO over the road to the brew-pub, good meals, great brews, peanut shells on the floor - heaven.

Nashua House, I will be back. A truly honest little place that i enjoyed very much.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Charlottesville, VA
Reviewed January 12, 2010

My sister and I stayed here for a week in September and were VERY pleased with our visit! Upon our arrival we found the room that we had reserved online to be too small since it only had one double bed. We went to the front desk to see if we could switch to another room and the manager, Lory, was so kind that she made some reservation changes to accommodate our request for a room with two beds! She even hauled the complimentary mini-fridge all the way up to the third floor to our new room! She was really the best! This was my second visit to Nashua House, and I will definitely stay here every time I come to the Vineyard! I love the quaint Victorian architecture of the building, and it's smack in the middle of Oak Bluffs so you can walk to the fun boutiques and the variety of wonderful restaurants on Circuit Ave., plus Ocean Park and the beach are only 1-2 blocks in the other direction. Great place! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2009
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Madison Inn
Madison Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Nashua House Hotel? Share your experiences!