“Lovely local boutique hotel with a homely feel”
Review of Nashua House Hotel

Nashua House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely local boutique hotel with a homely feel”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

Exceptionally clean and very welcoming. Small quaint rooms decorated with a homely feel and perfect for a bed for the night. Right on top of lots of restaurants, bars and shops and easy to get to various beaches. Affiliated with a great cycle hire shop, Andersons.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My recent stay at the Nashua was simply delightful! First off, I was arriving late b/c I missed the ferry I was planning to take. I called to let them know and got a super nice person on the phone who assured me this was "ok" and best way to get there etc...from a different landing town then I had planned on. When I did arrive, he carried my heavy suitcase upstairs and gave me a run down of where I could go at that hour.

In the morning, I was stunned at the handful of steps to gorgeous Ocean Park and just beyond that the beach.

Secondly, my room was so cute and comfortable with a great view of a bustling corner (and you could drown out noise with the ac), that I was torn to venture out or relax in my room! what a dilemma ;) It was room #7 fyi.

Next, the staff went out of their way to make sure I had everything I needed and I loved the constant supply of fresh fruit and homemade cookies available in the reception area. Coffee/tea was also always available and a lil fridge to keep leftovers in. I can't wait to return and hope to be able to spend more time here! Lori and Zach were stellar and I highly recommend this gem of a hotel! It was a perfect balance of friendliness and privacy and relaxation for the start of my much needed vaca. Thank you!!!

Room Tip: Before I arrived, I upgraded from the least expensive / smallest room to room 7 as a treat to self...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was a nice stay at a reasonable price. The people were so accommodating and were very helpful. Beach is literally a 2 minute walk and Nashua is in the center of everything. Obviously this is not a Ritz Carlton but it is a very cute inn.I thought the bathroom would be an issue but only had an issue once when someone was using the bathroom when I needed it.

Beach chairs, towels and coolers were offered for free as well! Don't see that much these days. Thanks for everything!

Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Nashua House Hotel for a long weekend and we were pleasantly surprised by their attention to detail – small basket to carry your travel-sized toiletries to the shower, blow dryer in our room, 24-hour access to coffee/tea and fruit, ear plugs if we needed absolute silence to sleep (our room was over the street and I have to say it was not loud or bothersome whatsoever) towels, chairs and the like for our taking should we want to go to the beach and so much more. When we arrived back, later in the evenings, there were cookies left out on the counter. Our room was beautiful and clean as were the bathrooms. We enjoyed sitting on the porch swing and enjoying the simple pleasures of the season. Note to folks with a sweet tooth – there is an excellent bakery just a few doors away that has back-door donut sales until 1:00a.m. When we return to MV, we’ll be staying at Nashua House.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Delaware, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was my third stay at the Nashua House. It's an affordable place to stay and is conveniently located right in Oak Bluffs for easy walking access to shops, restaurants, Ocean Park or the beach, not to mention, just a couple of blocks from the bus stop. It's nice to have a car on the Island but the bus service runs regularly so that you really don't need one. The Nashua House Inn is located right across the street from the Island's best burger place which also happens to be a brew pub. It's nice to enjoy some of their brew and just walk back to the room afterwards -- no worries about driving. I find the style of the rooms to be "true Island style", cozy, comfortable, clean. I had no problem with the shared baths and never encountered a time when I could not get into one of the bathrooms. Water bottles and bags of chips were in the room when we arrived. Fruit, granola bars, coffee and tea were in the lobby providing some nice little touches. We did not need it but we were offered to leave our luggage in the lobby after check out which is a nice convenience so guests can shop or sight see without having to lug their belongings around.

Room Tip: Rooms with balconies are nice but so are rooms on the north and east sides of the building, especial...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank goldenprairie
Fall River, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 28, 2013

When we arrived at The Nashua, we were really amazed at the cleanliness and overall interior décor. The Nashua was a small but quaint accommodation for a building approximately 150 years old. Our check in was for 3 pm, however Lori mentioned we could store our luggage while we ventured out, and even gave us the keys to our room for later !!!
Clean is beyond anything that could be expressed for our room....it was immaculate. And for those who fear a shared bath??...even after we used the bathroom facilities, it was as if an alarm sounded after each use.....a short time later it was spotless again !!!
The staff keeps up with the cleaning of the bathroom continuously, early morning coffee at the Keurig, the best ( and we were up at 6 AM for our daily walk ). Early evenings if you were lucky enough, fresh baked cookies were available ( they disappeared so quickly ).
We would not hesitate to stay again, and are planning another weekend in September.....thanks to the staff and the Nashua facility. Everything was great and surprisingly appealing.....

Steve and Donna, Fall River, MA

Room Tip: second floor accommodations were very fitting, one less staircase to climb....rooms on the west corn...
1 Thank scfffr
Maynard, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The staff were all very helpful, as well as kind and sweet. The rooms were very nice and all decorated differently, it felt very comfortable and homey. Our room was always clean when we returned, and they even lined up our shoes for us! I thought the bathrooms would be a problem, but I rarely bumped into any other guests at all and the bathroom always seemed to be open! It was easy to get to all the local food and attractions from our central location. All in all a very wonderful stay!

1 Thank Abigail C
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Madison Inn
Madison Inn
#3 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Nashua House Hotel? Share your experiences!