WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Martha's Vineyard Surfside Motel

Martha's Vineyard Surfside Motel
Ranked #10 of 16 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Sudbury, MA
“We'd definitely return to Surfside!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

This was our first stay with the family on Martha's Vineyard and were very pleased to have found this motel. The staff at the Surfside Motel are extraordinarily wonderful. Always smiling faces in the office, ready to help with whatever was needed. We needed extra bedding, and it was delivered within minutes. They stored our luggage securely on our last day after checking out so that we could enjoy a few more hours on the island. We saw many happy doggie visitors. The cleaning staff were also very nice.
Reasonable rates.
The motel is not fancy, but clean, neat and very well located. The room was well kept, two rooms with an adjoining bath, little kitchenette, pull-out sofa, queen-size bed. Two TVs made it nice so that the kids could watch what they wanted in a separate room. Even though the motel is located in a very busy area, it was surprisingly quiet inside our room. Located close to many shops, the "flying horses", restaurants, the ferry to Wood's Hole, and the buses that take you around the island. Breakfast was OK, just enough to satisfy us until we could get out and about.
We will definitely return, and will suggest Surfside to friends and family needing a place to stay on Martha's Vineyard.
Great overall experience!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Dmurr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I had one of my most enjoyable and memorable vacations at the Surfside Motel in Oak Bluffs....from the moment of making my reservation to the end of my stay. Sarah, Kristen, and Bob were wonderful (motel staff) and very accommodating - both to my dog and myself. At check-in there was a doggie bag waiting for her and we settled into our room very nicely.

The location is EXCELLENT! Considering you are in the middle of everything, it is not noisy whatsoever. You're literally across the street from the OB ferry and beach. The courtyard is beautiful and pretty spacious which allows for guests to gather and relax without feeling squeezed into a small space.

I definitely plan to return to Surfside Motel for future getaways. It was fantastic.

1 Thank traybag972
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2009

I ended up at the front desk of the Surfside Motel, nearly in tears, despondent after my dog and I were cornered by a very aggressive dog at the establishment where I was actually booked to stay (see my review of the Lorraine Parrish Bed and Breakfast in Vineyard Haven). "Oh you poor thing...of course we have a room for you and Didi," is what they said. They offered me coffee, gave Didi a dog biscuit and soothed my frazzled nerves. The room was spotlessly clean, in a great location, and the guests and staff who gathered in the office for the daily continental breakfast treated me as though they'd known me my whole life.

The hotel has a beautiful courtyard, ample off-street parking and (again) a wonderful staff. The price was very reasonable for the Vineyard in June/July. Some of the rooms have a view of the ocean, and I believe they all overlook the courtyard.

For a great experience on the Vineyard, with or without Fido, be sure to give the Surfside Motel a try!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank chersull_99
Westchester, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2009

The place was clean, comfortable, and overall well taken care of. Everything worked well, no problems with windows, doors, shower, etc. Iron and board came in handy as did the fridge. Location is EXCELLENT! Your right where you need to be, yet off to the side at the same time(no crowd noise). Continental breakfast was lacking, and the dining area was a big turnoff, but other than that this place gets a nice thumbs up. Almost forgot: the staff was excellent! Very helpful and extremely friendly!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JoeBatts
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2009

The most important elements required while staying anywhere were satisfied.. The rooms were clean and smelled fresh, staff was friendly and helpful. It's not a fancy place, just a comfortable place. The price was decent, and the location was excellent.
The only negative was the donuts they offered as a continental breakfast, I was hoping something a little healthier was offered to start off the day. Although yogart was also offered, but like I said...only one negative. Believe me..all the other positives make up for it.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

This hotel is very conveniently located near the Oak Bluffs Ferry Dock & facing the Beach side. Everything is within the walkable distance. I can say its a PERFECT Location to stay.

The room is clean & well maintained. There is a mini fridge & Ironing unit available. Beds are comfortable & from our window there is a great view of the beach & city. We really loved the view. There is parking place available, which is a big plus for this hotel. The best part I liked about the stay is Excellent Customer Service. All the staff were very friendly & helpfull. Whenever we have been to the reception, we were greeted by the staff with a friendly smile. I need to mention about BOB, he is such a nice person, I would never forget him.
Breakfast was just okay. However, there is a nice chinese restaurant just below the hotel & we really liked the fried rice there. There is a 15% discount for the guests who stay in this hotel.
Overall...it was a very nice experience & we would certainly go back to this hotel in future.

Boston, Mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

We've been coming back for over 10 years and have never had a bad stay with the Surfside! It's family run and owned so things aren't as fancy as a chain motel but it's much more fun and focused on personal service. The prices may seem high in the summer but they're actually very reasonable for the island, and they always have internet discounts.The off season is also a great time to come because the prices are substantially lower. And I have been bringing my wife to the Surfside since she was my girlfriend, no complaints from her yet!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Harbor View Hotel
Harbor View Hotel
#2 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Martha's Vineyard Surfside Motel? Share your experiences!