“Love Martha's Vineyard in the Spring!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Massachusetts
“Love Martha's Vineyard in the Spring!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

My Favorite place to stay when I visit the Vineyard is the Pequot Hotel. I love to sit outside there on the patio or on the beautiful porch and look a the pretty flowers for some great relaxation. The Staff is very helpful with ideas of things to do and they are very customer service friendly. The rooms are always very comfortable and they have a nice breakfast. Wish I could stay longer.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Palo Alto, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

We planned our trip to Martha's Vineyard for a wedding, and this hotel was one that had negotiated a "special" rate for the wedding. When someone finally picked up the phone - perhaps an offseason phenomenon? - they quoted us a "special" rate that was 40% higher than the web rate! Of course we hung up and just booked online. The problem was, we showed up - and no room! We had to wait a few hours, but things worked out well - for no additional charge we got upgraded to the 3 BR apartment on site. Breakfast is pretty lousy, mostly sugary stuff and juice. But other than that, the hotel is within walking distance of Oak Bluffs and the OB ferry, there's free wireless, and the staff are quite friendly.

Cambridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I stayed the Pequot with my fiance for a long weekend following a recommendation from a friend. It's in a great location - really quiet, yet just a few minutes walk from Circuit Avenue (the "main street" in Oak Bluffs, with lots of restaurants and shops), and the sea.

The staff were extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful, particularly Lisa, the Hotel Manager, and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable.

The rooms are fairly basic, but very quiet and comfortable and the hotel is good value for money. We stayed in the Main House, and I'd recommend doing so.

One of the highlights was the freshly baked muffins for breakfast - was great to wake up to the smell of chocolate! The homemade cookies for tea were also yummy,

Would recommend the hotel for anyone who wants a quiet, friendly, yet reasonaly basic hotel In Oak Bluffs. You won't be disappointed!

Worcester, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I had an absolutely wonderful time staying at the Pequot! The staff was helpful and accommodating! The hotel is within walking distance of the beach, shops, and bars in Oak Bluffs! If you don't feel like venturing out you can always have a seat in their wonderful rocking chairs on the porch. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
Shelton,CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

We have stayed here three times in the past few years & it is always like a "home away from home"! The rooms are neat, clean & comfortable. The service is excellent... and the breakfast is wonderful! We love the "stenciled table & booths"!! The staff is very friendly & couteous, especially Lisa, the General Manager! We will be staying here MANY more times in the furure!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Fort Worth, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

My husband and I traveled with another couple to MV. I chose this inn because of other reviews. Upon arriving, I was so glad I did. It looks like a dollhouse with a great porch and relaxing courtyard. Our room was in the middle building which was fine, but I think next time I will book the main house; as room was quite small. Our friends had a great room in main house. The breakfast was perfect and filled us enough to start the day. I loved the location because it's a few blocks away from Circuit Ave, but close to the shoreline. You can see the ocean from the street in front of the inn. I went for a run both mornings around the neighborhood and enjoyed viewing the gingerbread houses and beachfront. So peaceful and serene. Parking was not an issue because it was early October. Staff was great as well. Will be back next October. Thanks Lisa for being so sweet and welcoming. I also forgot to mention Jeremy, the neighborhood cat. He hung with us in the courtyard while we were having wine and cheese. He is the inn's mascot and has the run of the place. Be sweet to him.

• Stayed October 2009
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

Our stay at the Pequot Hotel was wonderful! My husband and I have been coming to Martha's Vineyard for years, but this was our first trip accompanied by our 2 yr. old. The staff was friendly and accomodating (which can sometimes be hard with a toddler in tow), providing a pack-n-play for our room, and diversions for our daughter at every turn. There was a cubby with toys and games in the breakfast room, freshly baked cookies in the afternoon, and wonderful rocking chairs on the porch which we all loved. It's sometimes hard to find a place to stay where the whole family is included in the welcome, but we definitely found one at the Pequot!! We'll definitely be coming back next year.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
The Hob Knob
The Hob Knob
#1 of 11 in Edgartown
4.5 of 5 stars 382 reviews

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!