New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
“Quaint and charming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel had lots of charm and was very clean and very convenient to town ! We loved the breakfast and afternoon tea and cookies! The staff was great and we enjoyed meeting friendly people! We would recommend staying here .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanya S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Clinton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

A friend and I stayed here on a recent trip to Martha's Vineyard. We arrived prior to the check in time. But, we were pleasantly surprised to find that there were restrooms available for us to use. That included the ability to shower if we needed to. Additionally, we were able to leave our bags there while we walked around town. Our room was actually available about an hour and a half prior to the scheduled time.

The room was a twin bedded room on the second floor of the main part of the inn. We were fortunate to have the only room that had a balcony. The room was very quaint and perfectly comfortable for our overnight stay. The ONLY issue we had was that the room was a little stuffy. It would have been nice had the door to the balcony had a screen in it that so that we could leave the door open and get some fresh air in the room.

The continental breakfast was wonderful. In fact, it deserves more than to be called a continental breakfast. There was something for everyone.

The staff was very pleasant and extremely competent. The women at the front desk were very knowledgeable about the area and quite accommodating. I was very impressed by how well run the breakfast was. The staff was very unobtrusive, yet everything continually stocked and refreshed.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at the Pequot another time when I visit Martha's Vineyard.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Jordianne,

Thank you so much for choosing the Pequot for your Vineyard vacation and thank you taking the time to comment on your stay.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed room 12, and in particular it's private balcony. Many of our repeat guests request that room specifically for that very reason Thank you for your suggestion about the screen door. It is spot on, a great idea and already on the maintenance list. Next time you visit you will be able to enjoy the sea-scented breeze wafting through the door!

I will share your comments regarding breakfast with Nadir and Nichola. They are the team members responsible for its preparation and presentation and it will please both to know you enjoyed their efforts. Thank you for mentioning them!

When you are ready to book your next stay, please call directly so we can best assist you and provide to you the excellent customer service that you and all of our guests deserve.

Until then,
My warmest regards,
Linden, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

My husband and I spent 3 delightful nights at the Pequot Hotel. We arrived with our bicycles and backpacks from Falmouth and it was a short 15 minute walk to the hotel. We arrived before noon, and our room wasn't ready (which we realized it wouldn't be yet). The front desk staff were very accommodating - inviting us to have breakfast (which was still being served) and to feel free to use their restroom facilities. We stored our luggage in the main room; behind the furniture - which was very safe.

There was a bike rack just outside where we locked up our bicycles. We headed into downtown Oak Bluffs and later in the afternoon returned to the hotel to check into our room. We had room # 32 which was in the annex area - the room was small, yet cozy, and was spacious enough for the 2 of us for 3 nights. The continental breakfast each morning was outstanding - quiches, scones, homemade muffins, cereals, yogurt, juices and coffees and the dining area was spacious.

Each afternoon homemade chocolate chip cookies awaited our return, along with lemonade, coffee and iced tea. We always took advantage of the yummy cookies and took them, along with our beverages to the spacious porch area where we relaxed in the rocking chairs.

The last day we were there we had to check out of our room by 11 am, however once again the staff offered to have us store our luggage, and leave our bikes outside, while we explored some of the "gingerbread cottages" in Oak Bluffs (since our ferry back to Falmouth did not depart until 2:15 pm).

We would definitely stay at the Pequot again if we returned to Martha's Vineyard. It was a very clean, well kept facility that had an outstanding staff!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mifan011
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear mifan011,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and am very happy that you would like to return someday. We will certainly look forward to that!

You mentioned that you arrived from Falmouth with your bicycles. I hope that you were able to explore the more than thirty miles of paved bike paths that traverse the Vineyard. The many paths provide a variety of experiences and beautiful scenery. The ride from Oak Bluffs to Edgartown is a favorite, with Sengekontacket Pond on one side and Nantucket Sound on the other. Also lovely is a pedal through the State Forest or a ride to Katama (South Beach) through Edgartown. All beautiful in their own way, so hope you were able to experience them!

I'm pleased that storing your luggage in the lobby before check-in and after check-out was helpful to you. We are always happy when guests are able to maximize their time here and whatever we are able to do to ensure that, we are happy to do. We also have showers and rest rooms that are available for guest use as well during the before check- in and after check-out times.

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your stay and thank you so much for staying with us. it was indeed our pleasure!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here just for one night but would have gladly stayed longer. Parking is easy and it's a short walk from the main strip in Oak Bluffs (Circuit St). The welcome was warm and arriving Friday was particularly nice as they served complimentary wine and cheese on the deck to meet the other folk in the hotel. Very jolly. The room was clean, comfortable and well-equipped and the staff couldn't have been more helpful with suggestions and advice when we asked. The breakfast wasn't particularly exciting, but the help-yourself coffee, yoghurt, muffins and cereal was perfectly fine. A little gem.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cairoken
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at the Peqout Hotel. My husband and I stayed here with another couple. We shared a two story suite with them. The rooms were very charming and comfortable. I found the hotel, our room and the bathroom to be very clean. The staff was great. Nancy was very helpful by giving us resturants suggestions and how to navigate the island. We thought the breakfast was delicious and had a nice variety of items to pick from. I also loved the yummy chocolate chip cookies that were offered in the afternoon. The location of the hotel was within walking distance to lots of shops, many great resturants, the beach, the ferry and a beautiful park. We had a relaxing stay and so much fun. Can't wait to visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear Thankful119,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Pequot. I'm happy to read that you were pleased with your visit and that you would like to return one day. We certainly would love to see you all again!

Thank you for mentioning Nancy. She is indeed, a wealth of knowledge regarding where to visit, play and dine here on MV and is happy to share her insights with Pequot guests. I will be sure to pass on your kind words of praise to her!

When you are ready to book your next stay, please call directly as the larger rooms and suites such as room 9 (where you stayed), can be booked only over the phone, not online. And more importantly, we always welcome the opportunity to chat with our guests, returning and new alike.

Bennington, New Hampshire, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I loved staying at this hotel. I went with my husband for the weekend. Our favorite experience there was Friday night wine and cheese. We met guests from all over the world. The only reason we gave this hotel a 4 is that the mattresses made our ribs ache. They duvets were comfortable, the pillows were too thin, the sheets were ok, but the mattress was just not comfortable. The staff were ALL friendly and the continental breakfast was very nice. They even had quiche every morning. There are plenty of large rocking chairs on the porch for enjoying the sea breezes. You can't see the water from the hotel, but you can walk there in 2 minutes. It is situated in a nice neighborhood and within walking distance of the bus stop and many eating establishments. I highly recommend this and would definitely stay again. I would request an additional pillow and request a third floor room. It is an old building and we could hear the upstairs people walking, bumping and talking all night, well after quiet hours. A third floor room will alleviate that problem. We know we could have said something but were trying not to rock the boat. I would recommend this to my friends and my TripAdvisor followers. :-)

Room Tip: Rooms on third floor less noise. Steer clear of room 32-it is right at foot of the staircase. Lots o...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Songwarrior,

I’m so pleased that you loved your stay and we sincerely loved having you. I hope you will schedule your next visit very soon! Please call me directly when you do, so that I can assist you in choosing a room that best suits your needs.

Our Friday Night Porch Party has turned out to be very popular with our guests; glad you are one of them! It is indeed a wonderful way to meet fellow Pequoters, guests and staff alike. We enjoy hosting the parties as well. It’s such a nice way to spend time with our valued guests.

As far as your comment about your mattress, I was so sorry to read that you were uncomfortable. Our guests’ comfort is something we take very seriously and to find out that you didn't sleep well is something that is disturbing to us.

The brand of mattress in the room that you stayed is a Sealy Posturepedic Titanium 600i Plush. These mattresses are used by many hotel groups, such as Hyatt, Sheraton, and Four Seasons – just to name a few. The mattresses in the section where you stayed are 2 years-old. None of this matters, of course, since you weren't comfortable. But rest assured (no pun intended!) we strive to provide a quality product to ensure our guests’ comfort and sleep. Again, I’m sorry that you didn't sleep well while you were here.

We loved meeting you and look forward to once again welcoming you to the Pequot Hotel.

Warmest Regards,

Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my first stay on Martha's Vineyard and it was a very pleasant surprise. First of all, the island is really nice and the different characters of the towns are very interesting to observe.

We chose the Pequot Hotel based on its Tripadvisor rating and we were not disappointed. It is a nice hotel, which is very close to the beach (about a 2 minute walk), and lies in the pretty and quirky (in a good way) town of Oak Bluffs. Oak Bluffs was the town, which I liked best on Martha's Vineyard and it's an excellent base to explore the island. It is a very tranquil town with some cool restaurants and stores.
The breakfast was just OK and leads to my slight down grading from a five star rating.

We did not pre-reserve our trip on the ferry (we took the car over) and in hindsight I would recommend doing this in advance to save you some worries about getting to and from the island without sitting in the stand-by for too long.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Xabbu
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Xabbu,

I'm so pleased that your first stay on Martha's Vineyard was a pleasant one. If your travels bring you back this way, I hope you will once again choose the Pequot.

I'm pleased you enjoyed exploring our diverse Island. You are correct; each town has it's own special charm and attraction but are all quite different, as you mentioned, and well worth visiting. I hope you were able to visit the beautiful clay cliffs of Aquinnah as well!

Your comment about breakfast provides me with the perfect opportunity to perhaps clarify for future guests exactly what is offered here at the Pequot as it seems to have been a matter of some confusion in the past.

As advertised on our website, a complimentary continental breakfast buffet is included in every Pequoters stay. In an effort to add more variety and more nutritious options to the 'typical continental fare' of cereals and pastries, we supplement our continental breakfast with: organic steel-cut oats (with all the fixings!), almond milk, hard-boiled eggs, peanut butter, Nutella, quiche, yogurt, fresh fruit as well as gluten-free items for those guests who have sensitivities. This is all in addition to the more 'traditional' continental items that we also serve which include: freshly baked muffins and scones, four different types of bagels, English muffins, and three varieties of cold cereal as well as coffee, teas, milk, individual servings of cream cheese, pats of butter, and orange juice.

We're a hotel of 32 rooms. On a typical morning, we serve 60-80 people for breakfast. Offering a cooked-to-order hot breakfast is not possible, practical, or something that we're physically equipped to provide - which is why we are very careful not to allude to offering anything more than what we do each and every day for the six months that we are open. Which is our expanded, complimentary, continental breakfast.

There are several restaurants, whom we gladly refer to for those guests who enjoy having their hot made-to-order breakfasts served to them, nearby that are tasty and easily accessible.

Thank you so much for choosing the Pequot Hotel and for taking the time to offer us feedback about your stay. Contributions like yours are always appreciated!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 16 in Oak Bluffs
5.0 of 5 stars 586 reviews

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!