“Absolutely Loved the Pequot”
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Reviewed September 26, 2008

We just loved this hotel.

It has an awesome location and the rooms are very nice and extremely clean.

The staff was wonderful. Lisa really went out of her way to help us with things to do on the island and gave us a lot of information-she was excellent.

I would recomment the Puquet to anyone-it was truly a wonderful experience.

Sue and John Zobel

• Stayed: September 2008
There are newer reviews for Pequot Hotel

Reviewed September 12, 2008

I just returned from a glorious 4 night stay at The Pequot and felt the trip was more than worthy of mention. Upon arrival I was greeted warmly by a staff wearing smiles on their faces that remained throughout my stay. I explained I was a light sleeper and my concern was responded to by giving me a lovely room away from the main house. The room was nicely appointed with a TV, private bath (some have refrigerators) & a bed that was so comfortable, it was a challenge rolling out of it each morning. However, breakfast was waiting...and what a good one it was...warm muffins, cereals, OJ and quite a generous selection of teas...and of course there was the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee. This was a great time to take advantage of the wireless internet service and catch up on email or speak with some of the other guests about their Vineyard adventures. I truly loved my first trip to Marthas Vineyard and credit The Pequot staff for its' success. The GM, Lisa, knew just what to suggest and was attentive to my every need. The home made chocolate chip cookies were a great snack enjoyed on the front porch every night. (the microwave is conveniently located for warming them up!) There is a great deal of pride taken in the operation of this grand ole' hotel. There is no doubt I will return again & again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2008

I am not sure where the problems some reviewers found were when my husband and I stayed at the Pequot this past week, because we thought it was great! We got exactly what we hoped for, a relatively inexpensive place with a cute New England feel. I found the staff to be very accomodating and helpful, really appreciated the complimentary breakfast, and had no problems whatsoever with our room. It was comfortable and totally what we needed, a clean place to sleep after long days of sightseeing. The neighborhood the Pequot is in is quiet, a block from the beach, and filled with beautiful old Victorian Homes. All in all a very pleasant experience. We will definately return to Oak Bluffs in future years, and if we do not rent a house, you can bet we'll be reserving a room at the Pequot Hotel!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2008

Past reviews in August 08 are a bit harsh. This is a great beach hotel that is fun for the young and young at heart. If you are expecting the Ritz or the 4 Seasons go elsewhere, but if you are looking for a cozy bed and breakfast feel with a young unpretentious crowd make your reservations. They have packing plays for the kids and booster seat for the tables. The staff is very warm and friendly. The location is perfect. It’s walking distance from the main drag in Oak Bluffs so you can have a drink and walk safely home. The rooms are on the small side but you’re not in them much. The front porch is great to hang out on to read and chat. For the price you will not find a better place....We will be back next year!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 29, 2008

Found this diamond of accommodations while vacationing this summer. The Pequot Hotel is close to Circuit Avenue and walking distance to the Oak Bluffs ferry and beaches. The staff were attentive, charming and would go the extra mile to ensure a safe comfortable stay. There is a continental breakfast each morning and fresh coffee, tea and hot chocolate in the afternoons which go perfect with the homemade cookies. Most especially big kudos to the GM as well as the front desk staff and all of the wonderful persons at the Pequot Hotel

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2008

Well I have stayed at the Pequot quite a few times when visiting the Vineyard, but have decided to change to another place. I was sad to find out that the previous manager was not there anymore. Things just did not seem as clean and nice as when she ran the place. The rooms were not very clean, nor was the friendliness there. The breakfast wasn't up to par, and I just found the service not to be good. Oh well, onward, and upward as they say!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 19, 2008

I had never been to Martha's Vineyard so this was my first impression I got. I've been to Nantucket many times and love it. This place seemed so quaint from the pictures on the web site, but when we got there I was extremely disappointed. I knew I wasn't going to stay at a 5 star hotel, but I expected much more. The room was musty smelling (really bad). It was pouring rain the 1st night and there was a waterfall in the room, which explained the terrible musty smell. I'm sure there is a bad mold problem in the carpeting. The room wasn't cleaned well at all. The mirror was filthy to the point you couldn't see in it. I had to ask the desk for Windex and paper towels to clean it myself. There was stench of throw up in the carpet. We found a sippy cup and crumbs in the pull out bed so it was very clear they change the sheets at all on it. We questioned what they did clean in the room from the prior guests. The bathroom was disgusting. The fixtures, flooring, etc is all from the 70's at the latest and is just plain gross looking. The whole room is dated and needs serious fixing up. I'm not buying the whole "Island Charm" thing. I don't think the owners of the hotel invest in the upkeep of the place. As for the cookies in the afternoon - they're slice and bake cookies - hardly worth the calorie splurge. The continental breakfast is acceptable, but not good. The muffins and bagels are not great, but edible. I'd expect fresh baked muffins and better quality muffins. The front desk got annoyed with us every time we mentioned that there was a problem with the room. They acted as though we shouldn't be complaining about water pouring in the room, the smell of throw up, and dirty conditions. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!