“Wonderful stay-great hotel”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Bethpage, New York
“Wonderful stay-great hotel”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

such a quaint and charming place- really nice room. Easy to get into town, but quiet block. Breakfast was plentiful and good options. Loved having a place to sit outside on a porch. The cookies and lemonade was a really nice touch. Recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Leslie S.,

Thank you for the kind words, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay! Hopefully it will be the first of many.

Warm regards,
Lisa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days and it was refreshing. Not only was the location easy to get to. But the staff were very pleasant and accommodating. They lent out umbrellas and their knowledge of the area. The room was very clean and bright. Just sitting on the front porch at the end of the day was soothing. We've already decided we'd be back. See you next year!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear goofymumma,

Thank you so much for commenting on your stay here at The Pequot. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and even more pleased to know that you will be returning! Please call the hotel directly to book your next stay so that we may offer you the excellent customer service that you deserve!

Until then,
My very warmest regards,
Boston
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff was extremely friendly at all times! Breakfast is continental style but very good and included.
Very laid back vibe that makes you feel very welcome in the main house even if not staying in that part of the hotel. We had a room in the annex.
Room was very small but very clean, no complaints about the room but seemed very basic.
Bathroom was fine but also extremely small. Bath products supplied were of nice quality.
From what I saw inside the main house and the middle room exterior building I suspect all room options would leave a similar impression.
Is not a luxury choice but the price for the Vineyard in the summer is fair and we had a very enjoyable stay. Love the front porch and was always able to find a seat when needed.
Beverages seem to be available at all hours for free (lemonade, iced tea and coffee), cookies served in the afternoon and Friday they have a wine and cheese social.
You can bring your own wine bottle or cocktails and glasses and enjoy on the porch at other times of day which compared to luxury hotels that would make you buy there drinks is a nice change of pace.
They have done an excellent job of being part B&B and part hotel.
The location is perfect for walking around town and the beach is very close by.
We had a car and were able to find parking easy on the street in front of or in back of the hotel.
Charming place I would stay again at if looking at staying in Oak Bluffs.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MattCarib
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear MattCarib,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I’m so pleased to know that you felt welcome here and that your intention is to return. We will certainly look forward to seeing you again! Please call us directly when you are ready to book your next stay so we can provide to you the excellent customer service that you and all of our guests deserve. (Just an FYI..Autumn is beautiful on Martha’s Vineyard. We will be open until the 20th of October.)

Thank you for staying with us.
Until we meet again, my warmest regards,
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay. The staff is genuine and friendly. Walking distance to a beach and town. Nice breakfast. Love the porch! Yummy afternoon cookies and lemonade. No complaints here! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Melscherzer,

SO happy you enjoyed yourselves!! You are more than welcome and we sure will look forward to seeing you again!

Warmest regards,
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We just returned from a two-night stay at the Pequot. My daughter-in-law had stayed here with her sister a few weeks before and I've always wanted to see Martha's Vineyard, so the two of us came with my two grandchildren for a short stay.

I travel a lot, so my daughter-in-law was worried that I wouldn't like the hotel. She needn't have worried--I loved it! The rooms are incredibly small (we were in room 5) and the shower was beyond miniscule, but for a short stay, it was fine. Everything was very clean -- loved the porch and the sitting room as well as the dining room. Breakfast was great! Having towels and chairs for the beach available was a huge bonus. The location was absolutely perfect--close to both the beach and Circuit Ave.

Be aware that the beach is on the sound -- don't expect to be able to surf! I found it more like Lake Michigan than the ocean(we live in NJ so we know the beach!)

This was a very relaxing vacation-- loved the hotel, the town and the laid-back ambience. Grandkids loved the free cookies in the afternoon and the available hot chocolate and lemonade. They try hard here to make it an enjoyable stay and I think they succeeed!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sharon P.,

I am SO pleased to know that you. your daughter-in-law and your grandkids enjoyed your stay with us! We sure enjoyed having you and hope it will be the first visit of many!

Glad you enjoyed all the little "extras" such as the beach gear and the afternoon lemonade, cookies and iced tea. (often favorites of kids of all ages!) Happy as well that our expanded continental breakfast suited your taste. I will pass on your compliments to Nadir and Nicky, our wonderful breakfast ladies. It always pleases them to know that our guests are happy with what they prepare.

Please call the hotel directly if you choose to visit us again as we have rooms of many sizes and configurations and we could offer to you.

Thank you so much for staying with us,
With my warmest regards,
Westford, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We just returned from our annual stay on MV, this being first time stay in Oak Bluffs, and also at the Pequot. We were pleasantly surprised and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating, and we found the rooms to be small, but clean. The grounds were well kept and the front porch so very inviting after a long day of cycling and touring.

I did read a review from the same weekend from other visitors, commenting on the muffins and scones, and I heartily disagree. The breakfast was ample, and everything was freshly baked and delicious. There were healthy choices everywhere, which is my preference, so I guess I was more appreciative than others of the offerings.

My only true criticism is that my stay at the Pequot went by WAY too fast. I felt like I had just checked in, and after three lovely nights, was not ready to leave! I gave Randstad, the groundskeeper, a big bear hug and told him how much I enjoyed watching him smile, while I sipped my hot morning coffee on the porch, all the while he tended to the plants and flowers while cheerfully chatting with visitors.

For all of your hospitality, including the bottle of wine sent to my brother, Bob, for his birthday on Sunday, thank you so very much and we look forward to a return stay next summer, God willing.

Donna (and company)
Westford, MA

Room Tip: First floor convenient, no stairs, but I think rooms are smaller than upper. Please inquire.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear DeeTee16,

Thank you for choosing The Pequot and thank you for your very kind and thoughtful review. I’m so pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your first visit to The Pequot and hope that you will make it an annual event!

I’m glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and appreciated the many healthy options that are offered. I will pass on your words of praise to Nadir and Nicky. They work very hard to ensure our guests’ satisfaction and will be happy to hear that you enjoyed what they prepared, in particular the freshly baked scones and muffins.

I’m happy that you enjoyed meeting Ransford, our weekend groundskeeper. His cheerful disposition IS indeed a pleasure, we are lucky to have him as part of our team and I will pass on your kind words of praise to him. Thank you!

We will all look forward to seeing you back next year and hopefully you will be able to stay longer!

With my warmest regards to you all,
Ontario, Oregon
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few days ago with a friend I am traveling with. We are actually staying all over Massachusetts for a few weeks but decided to start our stay off on its famous Island. We arrived at the hotel and found it charming and rustic, exactly what we wanted for our experience. When we got to the "front desk" we were greeted by a very rude women who was short and seemed put off with us as if we interrupted her. I almost said something but decided to bite my tongue and just assume she was having a bad day. We went up to our room, a bit small but had that “Island” feel to it. Later we came down to find wine and cheese being set up on the porch (a yummy surprise) by a very nice young heavy set man (sorry I forgot your name) who chatted with us and made us feel very welcome! He even went out of his way to help us find our way around the island with maps and suggestions and went and got another bottle of red wine as the first bottle put out had already been drank. We got to meet a lot of the other guests staying at the hotel and enjoy the afternoon.

The next day we met the rest of the desk staff who was very helpful with great recommendations on where to go for lunch. (Ocean-view was very yummy!). Breakfast was great to. The hotel had put out a good selection of things to choose from though I wish they had offered more in the way of breakfast meats (but that's more to personal taste).

We got dinner recommendations that night from that same rude women as before who couldn’t even be bothered to turn off her religious music (a poor choice to have going at a hotel front desk in my opinion) when we went to talk to her.

All in all we had a great stay and are looking forward to the rest of our journey over the island and will definitely come back again next year!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kevin K.,

Thank you for commenting on your recent visit to The Pequot. I’m so pleased that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, specifically the wine and cheese Friday night Porch Party ( a new addition this season!) and our expanded continental breakfast. Thank you for your suggestion of breakfast meats. We are always anxious for specific guest feedback so that we may continue to improve our service and guest satisfaction.

I’m happy that you found most of our staff members to be friendly and helpful. I will certainly pass on your compliments. I, of course, am equally sorry that you didn’t find all of our staff members to be friendly and helpful. That is certainly not the experience that we want any of our guests to have. We have reminded all of our staff members that whatever personal distraction is occurring that would cause a disruption in providing excellent customer service, must be put aside so as not to impact our guests’ satisfaction. We have also modified our policy of personal music at the front desk. Thank you for bringing these issues to light.

I am delighted that you will be returning next year and will look forward to seeing you! Please call the hotel directly when you are ready to book your stay.

Until then,
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!