“Summer Stay”
Review of Pequot Hotel

Pequot Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oak Bluffs
Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was my first stay in Martha's Vineyard. Not knowing much about the various towns I picked this hotel from TripAdvisor. It turned out to be a really good choice.

The Pequot is a small charming wooden hotel located among the small streets and lovely holiday homes of Oaks Bluff. In front of the hotel there is a lovely veranda - great place to sit on the rocking chairs and enjoy the free cookies and lemonade in the late afternoon.

The staff were exceptionally friendly and gave good advice on where to eat, where to get bicycles etc.. (welcome note in room a nice touch). The breakfast included was very good - juice /cereals/ coffee / muffins/bagels fruit and yogurts.

The great atmosphere seemed to make the guests more friendly too - there was more friendly conversations among guests than I usually experience.

Bedroom a little small but well furnished ( and free wifi everywhere). The only downside was the noisy air-con unit fitted in one of the windows. On the hot July nights we had to chose between noise or excess heat.

The location is a short and pleasant walk to the beach, town and harbor.

I would definitely go back !

1  Thank Eamon F
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Eamon F,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed and appreciated the friendly atmosphere of The Pequot. That is EXACTLY the experience we want all of our guests to have. We are in the hospitality industry. It is our job, but more importantly and accurately, it is our pleasure and privilege to make sure that all of our guests are happy and well cared for. Thank you for noticing and recognizing our efforts. I will pass on your kind words to Team Pequot.

I was sorry that you found your air conditioner to be noisy. When you come back, (as you said was your intention!) if there is anything that you find to be a downside, please let me know as we always try to respond to, and in most cases are able to solve any problems. If I had known about your noisy air-conditioner I would have changed it out immediately. I’m guessing you thought you would be “complaining” but rest assured we are always grateful to know of issues and are anxious to fix them. (Particularly when it comes to matters of guest comfort!)

Please call directly when you are ready to book your next visit so that we can provide to you the excellent customer service that you deserve.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at the Pequot for a weekend. The Inn in very charming and cozy.
It has lovely rocking chairs and a swing on the porch. The staff is wonderfully pleasant and offered the best tips for restaurants. The breakfast is also very good. The rooms are small and the walls are thin, but the rooms are clean and cozy.
Best of all, the Inn is in a great location - walking distance to the beach and the center of town.
I will stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank amoore-nyc
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear amoore-nyc,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about your stay. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our friendly staff, the cleanliness, and coziness of The Pequot. We will certainly look forward to seeing you again!

Have a wonderful rest of your summer,

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Ive stayed at the Hotel for the past two years and I absolutely love it!!!. The staff was so nice and personable. the atmosphere is more like a family, all of your needs get tended to. Close to town and the beach, quiet and clean.

Lisa is so nice she genuinely cares about the guests. Winston, Rensford, and Paulette thank you for everything. I will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Room 14, also choose the rooms off of the dining area
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bronx1NewYork
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Dear Bronx1NewYork,

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed the friendliness, cleanliness and location of The Pequot. And I'm even more pleased that you will be returning! We will all look forward to seeing you.

I will pass on your kind words to Team Pequot. They will be happy to know that they made your stay enjoyable.

Until next year,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had a lovely, peaceful night at the Pequot. When I made the reservation, I mentioned that it was for our wedding night. When we arrived, we found that we had been upgraded to a large room in the main building, and there was a bottle of wine with a lovely note of congratulations waiting for us.

Breakfast was fine, with a variety of breads (including gluten-free), a toaster, yogurt, hard-cooked eggs, fruit, coffee, and orange juice.

The Pequot staff seem to understand what people need when vacationing near the beach, especially for guests who are checking out but want to spend the day on the island. There are outdoor showers, beach chairs and towels, a changing area, and luggage storage.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Katiebird1,

Once again, congratulations and best wishes from all of us at The Pequot! We are so happy that you choose to spend your wedding night with us. Maybe you will come back for your first anniversary!

Have a wonderful first year of marriage and a nice rest of your summer,

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've stayed here a couple of times in recent years and love the atmosphere-it's very homey and quaint and just off the beaten path. It's in a lovely neighborhood near the beach and center of town. The rooms are small but lovely. Be sure to ask for what you need in terms of accommodations as there are lots of options. Still, the best memory of this hotel is the afternoon warm cookies and ice tea provided. You can relax on the large front porch in a rocking chair and watch the world go by.......The door to our room had a handpainted mural on it-as did the inside wall of our room. Cottage decor-really adorable. I would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Lisa A, General Manager at Pequot Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Dear pggrayzee,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I'm so pleased that you were able to visit us again. We will sure look forward to seeing you next season and we'll be sure to have the cookies ready!

Have a wonderful rest of yor summer!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a first class hotel with wonderful staff who are so professional and caring. They cannot do enough for you nothing was to much trouble. The hotel is perfectly situated minutes from both the beach and the town. It was good value for money and we will definitely go back. Expedia had actually cancelled our booking so when we arrived we had no booking but the hotel managed to sort out rooms for us. They were so kind especially when I was so upset I would not book through Expedia but go directly to the hotel as we have still not heard from Expedia. The hotel provides a relaxing atmosphere with free tea and lemonade we had a fantastic time despite Expedia.

Dear Suzanne Z.,

I'm SO pleased that you enjoyed your stay at The Pequot despite and regardless of the upsetting situation that resulted from your booking with an OTA (online travel agent).

Your story unfortunately serves as the perfect example of why it is ALWAYS PREFERABLE to book directly with your hotel of choice. I cannot emphasize this enough. IT IS ALWAYS PREFERABLE TO BOOK DIRECTLY WITH YOUR HOTEL OF CHOICE.

When one books with an OTA the booking is handled by a computer, NOT a human being. The reservation (and cancellation in your case) is then forwarded to the hotel via computer (again, no personal service) with NO GUEST CONTACT INFORMATION PROVIDED TO THE HOTEL. Again, OTA's DO NOT PROVIDE THE HOTELS WITH ANY CONTACT INFORMATION FOR THE GUEST. This is important because if there is any need, for any reason for the hotel to reach the guest it is all but impossible. There are many instances when a simple phone call could clarify an issue with a reservation or solve a potential problem but this can't happen with OTA reservations because no contact information is provided.

When guests call us directly, we can better understand their needs and offer the personalized service we feel all of our guests deserve, just as we did for you and your family. Again, I'm so pleased that your visit ended up being so enjoyable. That is truely the experience we want all of our guests to have, particularly when they travel so far as you did.

Thank you far taking the time to comment,
With my very warmest regards to you and your family,

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We just got back from a wonderful vacation with our two kids (7 and 5) and once again THANKS to the Pequot Hotel. We stayed here last year and had such a great time that we knew we had to come back. The Pequot Hotel is the perfect place to stay when in Oak Bluffs. We love it for the following reasons; short walk from the ferry, to beach and to town. The staff is super friendly and always there to help make our experience even better, from having beach towels and chairs to lemonade and awesome cookies every afternoon. Speaking of food, they have the best breakfast and if you are late sleepers like my family and get to breakfast toward the end and think nothing good will be left, you are wrong. They are constantly replenishing the bagels, muffins, juice, coffee, etc. so you don't miss out on all the good stuff just because you slept late.

So for those of your traveling with kids and NOT brining your car over to the island the Pequot Hotel is the place to be !!!!!

Dear cabbey,

I am so very pleased that you returned to The Pequot and that you once again enjoyed your stay. I really look forward to seeing you back next year!

Thank you for noticing Nadir and Nicky's hard work. They make sure the brealfast is abundant from start to finish. I will pass on your kind words to them!

Until next season,

#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to Pequot Hotel? Share your experiences!