“Perfect...”
Review of The Dockside Inn

The Dockside Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

best place in Oak Bluffs...staff very accommodating.. centrally located.rooms clean..many nice extras....breakfast bar...popcorn freezer for pops..beach chairs..little coolers... we were there in Sept.so not crowded ..only thing not perfect was we weren't there long enough..definitely have plans to return..:)

• Stayed: September 2013

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This weekend I stayed at the dockside , attending my granddaughters wedding. It was everything I could have hoped for in a hotel/inn. Because I was an innkeeper for 12 years, I am aware every little thing., this Inn exceeded my expectations. The inn is very well cared for, the rooms are very clean with every amenity you would need and all the modern conveniences.
Our family occupied almost all of the rooms and every person was very very pleased. Cookies at check-in, rooms for luggage, very helpful and always smiling staff, great patio with hot tub, chairs and tables, beach chairs , pails and shovels for the beach.
I was very impressed with the snack room, much more than snacks!!. always available--two kuerigs with coffee, decaf and tea pods, fresh fruit, granola bars, water, a freezer with popsicles, creamsicles and ice cream sandwiches, chips and baked goods.
We know the location is fantastic, but the Inn is all you could want and more.
Thank you Dockside staff for making our celebration even more wonderful

Room Tip: third floor suites are wonderful, second floor rooms were spacious .if you want water view ask for f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We recently had a girls trip and stayed at the Dockside Inn in Sept 2013. It was the perfect place to stay. The Inn had everything you could need from chairs, towels and sunblock for the beach to a black wash cloth for makeup removal. It was so relaxing and within walking distance of everything. The suite we stayed in was so spacious and fit 3 comfortably. I would recommend this to anyone!! Stay here you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 19, 2013

This August, I had the pleasure of staying at the Dockside Inn. Everything about my stay at the Dockside was delightful. From convenience of its location to the homebaked cookies in the afternoon to the beach supplies and great coffee. I had such a relaxing time that I forgot my favorite swim suit and they even returned that to me! Check out the dockside for a real relaxing time.

Room Tip: It's a small inn so book early . . .
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and sister traveled to Martha's Vineyard with me for a two day stay. I booked the Dockside because of it's close location to The Oak Bluff Harbor, shops and restaurants. Upon arrival, I was pleasantly surprised and blown away by the accommodations. Room 35 accommodates three comfortably. The room theme, colors and cleanliness far exceeded all of our expectations. I would stay at the Dokside again in a heartbeat. Just love, love, love the place.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any room at the Dockside Inn. We stayed in room 35 which is lovely.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stayed at The Dockside in August 2013. Loved it!! The Inn is beautifully decorated, our room had a great view of the harbour, was spotlessly clean + beautifully furnished. Staff + owner always there + very friendly. There was food, coffee + other delights always available. Loved our breakfasts in the garden. It rained on our last day, not only did John, the owner drive all our bags to the ferry he let us sit in the Rolls for shelter + came back to help us load our luggage onto the ferry! We cannot fault this Inn. We look forward to returning in the future
Joe + Barbara, Cornwall. UK.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here 2 years ago before it was taken over. I sat this morning reading all the reviews and can't help but wonder if I was just 'punked' on my last visit. I stayed in a suite and paid a total of $1400 and... always missed the famous afternoon cookies. I'm sorry, if you're paying that much for a suite, I think they should package a few up and drop them off if you're out in the afternoon. In the off season the breakfast pastries consist of two large pastries cut up into pieces and when they're gone by 8am, they're gone. I didn't find the staff at all friendly; we saw the owner at least 3 times who didn't say a word to us, including when we had 6 bags to haul to the 3rd floor on our own. To top it off, on a relaxing Sunday morning at 9am, housekeeping was blasting music in the next room and was vacuuming by 9:30. Not my idea of relaxation or money well spent.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Caleb_Caldwell, Owner at The Dockside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

We are sorry that this guest had an experience at the Dockside Inn that was so atypical.

We carry lots of luggage up the stairs for our guests every day, we offer to do it anytime we see the need, and we’re asked to do it by many guests and we do so happily. The owner of the Dockside, who was on duty every day of this guest’s stay, had never seen this guest before the morning they checked out. We’re not sure who it was that they thought was an owner ignoring them, but it wasn’t an owner.

We bake several dozen cookies fresh every day and we put them out on serving plates both at the front desk and in the breakfast room, at 3:00 in the afternoon. We tell every guest when they check-in about the cookies. They are delicious and they are popular and we are sorry that this guest seemed to always miss them.

We do serve pastries cut up into pieces in the morning: they‘re either from the bakery up the street or we bake them ourselves. The pastries are rarely gone by 8:00; there are usually pastries still available even at mid-day.

As for our staff's friendliness, I think virtually every other Trip Advisor review ever written about us is all the reply necessary to that comment.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Bluffs
#2 of 4 in Edgartown
Nashua House Hotel
Nashua House Hotel
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Dockside Inn? Share your experiences!