This is our second year staying at the Dockside Inn, and it just keeps getting better. In order to minimize their impact on the environment, the Inn is now giving out reusable water bottles instead of bottles of water, along with a water cooler for you to fill it with in the solarium, and recycle bins in all of the guest rooms. My new favorite addition, and perhaps they were there last year, and I didn't notice, is the duel blinds, for extra darkness at night. The rooms are spacious and clean, with a nice modern decor. The amenities include a fully stocked snack bar (chips, pretzels, microwave popcorn, popsicles and candy) along with fruit, yogurt, granola bars, oatmeal and pastries that are available all day long. They also have coffee, tea and hot cocoa. There is no need to lug beach gear to the island. You can borrow chairs, towels, coolers, beach umbrellas or rain umbrellas if the weather turns. The staff is top notch. They are friendly, helpful, pleasant, and make you feel right at home. We have gotten advice over the past two years about where to eat, what to do for entertainment, and after getting caught in a torrential downpour that soaked right through my coat, one of the girls even put my sweater in the dryer for a bit until it was no longer wet. You can't ask for better service than that. The Inn is located in close proximity to the Ferry, the heart of Oak Bluffs, Ocean Park and the marina. You can take a bus to pretty much everywhere, or if you are up to the challenge, Vineyard Haven is only a 3 mile walk away. You can bet we will be back next year, we highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get Away & Play. The Dockside Inn is Oak Bluffs hospitality & elegance at its best - built in 1989, the hotel has the conveniences of a new modern facility including 22 regular guest rooms. All rooms have Queen beds - some with two. All feature air conditioning, cable TV, in-room refrigerators, and free WiFi. All rooms are comfortably furnished for your vacation. Our location on the Oak Bluffs Harbor is just steps from restaurants, boutiques, beaches, boating, ferries, buses and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire so you can book your The Dockside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dockside Hotel Oak Bluffs
- The Dockside Inn Oak Bluffs, MA - Martha's Vineyard