“Great location”
Review of The Dockside Inn

The Dockside Inn
Ranked #2 of 15 Oak Bluffs B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were here in July and had the best time. The Dockside is in a great location and close to everything we wanted to do. The rooms were clean and all we needed as we spent most time running around the island. Cannot wait to go back this summer

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Annie1177

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I was delighted by my recent visit to the Dockside inn. I'm an avid fisherman and during my stays have found the advise of the hotel's virtual concierge (Loomis) to be invaluable. Having stayed at a couple other inns in Oak Bluffs over the years, I can say with confidence that the Dockside, especially following recent renovations, is nearly perfect in every way. Charter boats launch within a 100 yards of the front steps and most of OB's major stores are easily accessible within a couple minutes walk. While we usually come with our bicycles, we love the option of car and moped rentals right next door.

With a professional schedule that demands frequent travel from me, I found, and continue to find the Dockside to be a "home away from home" type of destination. Highly recommended

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sbardino
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a large portion of our honeymoon and it was perfect! We came in early October, just at the tail end of the season. The hotel was wonderful - it's small enough that you don't feel like a number, but big enough that it doesn't have that weird B&B ambiance that not everyone likes.
We had an interesting trip to the island on the ferry as the weather was too poor for the ferry to travel to Oak Bluffs so we had to take the bus in - it was a little unsettling when we were initially informed, but the bus system is great! Forget paying to take your car over - get a 1 or 3 day bus pass for next to nothing and enjoy the scenic beach routes the bus takes between all of the towns. It was simple to navigate, the drivers are all incredibly helpful and don't mind answering the same question 100 times a day.
Our room was just the right size for our three nights and don't listen to one of the previous reviewers - we had a lovely picturesque view of the water from our windows and the outdoor balcony. That IS something that is listed in the room descriptions when you're booking - it's worth the extra $10 for the views.
I manage the housekeeping department for a 122 room boutique inn and can tell you that this hotel is impeccably clean and well maintained. I even took pictures back to my staff to show them how well the rooms were kept.
We did have a small incident on our first evening - we were woken up by some drunken people banging on our door instead of their friends... and pretending there was a fire. We mentioned it to Tiffany at the front desk in the morning only because we couldn't get the second lock on the door to work properly - but she was so apologetic and embarrassed that we almost felt bad for saying anything! The owner bought us breakfast across the way at Biscuits (delicious! Eat there!) for the trouble which was unnecessary but very much appreciated.
You're nuts not to book this place - they even have beach chairs you take down to the beach with you. It was too cold when we were there to swim, but what a great amenity!

Room Tip: Pay attention to the room descriptions on the website. If you want that view and outdoor balcony, pa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We plan to stay here all the time! The renovations added city life to the Vineyard. Our suite was VERY spacious for five females. We were greeted with complementary cookies, chips, and water. The Inn is a walk away from endless shops, restaurants, and the most important THE FERRY.

I would absolutely recommend this place to away that’s looking for a wonderful stay in the Vineyard.

Room Tip: This location does not have a restaurant or swimming pool. There's an outdoor Jacuzzi, that sho...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had an incredible time at the Dockside Inn this September. I went with two friends and four days and it was a perfect Vineyard trip. The Inn is a short walk to the ferry, beach, harbor, and endless shops and restaurants. Not only was the location ideal, the service was friendly and helpful, and the rooms were clean and well decorated. We loved being in the middle of OB and having the opportunity to explore all the different parts of the town, as well as being close to different modes of transportation that enabled us to see the rest of the island. I will certainly stay at the Dockside Inn next time I return to the Vineyard!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Coming from Atlanta, GA I was so happy to see how close the Dockside Inn is the to ferry, just a few steps and I was in heaven. Friendly service, great amenities and amazing atmosphere, my husband and I enjoyed every minute of our vacation on MV. We got to know a little history about the island from the owner, John and rode bikes all around to see for ourselves. We had a great time and can’t wait to come back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The old Dockside was in desperate need of change..My Husband Carl and I had been previous guests of the Inn for the past 3 years and it was 'aged' 3 years ago. Well, I am happy to report the new Inn is F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!! They picked us up in a Rolls Royce!! Whatta' way to start we were immediatly impressed. I even ended up purchasing a gift certificate for my neice and her Fiance. The new outdoor shower was so fun on these crisp Autumn mornings and Carl loved the Hot Tub. Since we stayed in Room 35 which used to be a 'rec room'(dire need of repair) we got to be in total privacy from the rest of the hotel as it is detached from the Hotel itself. We really like that! Our room was equipped with chips, water a HUGE flat screen t.v and a beautiful bathroom Love that shower!! The Solarium was full of Coffee, Tea, Fruit, granola bars, Pastry's even popsicles and gum ball machine. It's open until 9 or 10 at night and we could grab snacks whenever we wanted. This was also were I spent some time answering e.mails in the morning so it was really nice to have a nice quiet 'common' space. The Cookies at 3 pm were great and we loved meeting John who is one of the new owners. He was so informative, helpful and genuinly seemed concerned with where we planned on dining hahah we only had 3 nights and ended up at Park Corner Bistro, Ocean View and Off Shore. Thanks to Kat,Kathy & John for the great recommendations. Our room was cleaned daily and the women who clean there have been there for years so it was nice to see the familiar faces. They always do a great job!! All in all this was the best hotel experience we've had on the Vineyard in years. Will def be back for our nieces wedding in August and will try again for the Fall.
Thanks Dockside for making our 27th Anniversary the best yet.
Annie and Carl

Room Tip: Use that outdoor shower!!! The Best!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
#2 of 3 in Oak Bluffs
Oak Bluffs Inn
Oak Bluffs Inn
#1 of 15 in Oak Bluffs

Been to The Dockside Inn? Share your experiences!