“Just right”

Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Reviewed July 29, 2014

This hotel is the perfect in-between a no frills and luxury hotel. Clean and comfortable, the snack bar/grill/bar makes it just right. The staff is beyond helpful, the gentleman from the snack bar offered to fix my Wi-Fi. Its a Courtyard, so don't expect luxury but we found it to be Just Right.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Stayed for one night following a concert at nearby Mansfield. This is clearly a business hotel that also caters to concert and event goers, as well as team events. Nothing wrong with that, but it gives you a feel for the hotel.
Rooms - Fine size for two, as other guests noted a mirror away from the bath area would be nice. Excellent shower, good amenities (toiletries, stocked items). Bed fairly comfortable but pillows could be firmer (or have options). As others have noted, you can hear noise throughout, so given the travelers it caters to, noted above, be aware.
Outside access - our room had a sliding door to the parking lot with just drainage stone, but it seemed secure. My parents had a sliding door to the enclosed patio of the hotel (it's a square) with two chairs and table. So that was a lottery on what you got and how safe you felt.
Restaurant - Given many similar hotel chains offer free breakfast, this was a quite expensive "bistro." Perk is it was a really nice area in the lobby to sit and eat, you could eat outside, and they had excellent service. Full day menu + drinks is really nice too.
Cleanliness - Average cleanliness throughout. There were a few hairs in our bathroom when we checked in, and everything was generally neat but looked worn even though things had been updated.

Room Tip: If you are on the first floor, rooms have sliding doors. Ask for patio/garden (interior) access for...
Reviewed July 19, 2014

Had to come to this area for a hockey tournament. The room and hotel is very modern and must have been updated very recently. Everything is in good order. Lacking in the room is a mirror away fro, the sink area, so you cant put on makeup if someone is at the sink. Not enough lighting in room, no fridge and bizarrely it seems impossible to have housekeeping clean your room. Had to call front desk for towels and noone even tried to come and straighten up or clean bathroom. Nice people with very lacks service. Expensive cafe..for breakfast 2 coffees and a bagel came to $12! Also absolutely no soundproofing

Reviewed July 13, 2014

My feeling with Courtyard Marriott's, because they don't offer free breakfast for Marriott platinum guests, is that it should offer a great experience in other areas. However, the hotel is not that clean (carpets really need to be cleaned) and the room is okay at best. The blanket was stained. The fitness was very cold which is great and the courtyard area was nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Ryan T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Thank you for taking the time for writing this review. Without our customer feedback we cannot improve. Just so you are aware we are actually in the process of getting pricing to replace our rugs, we are aware that we do need to replace these rugs ASAP. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this matter further and thank you for choosing Marriott!!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

The stay here was ok. No problems but I found the room a bit dark and the bed too soft. Service at check in was good and friendly. The location off the main road in a leafy area with many trees and green plants. Nothing special but I'm such a big Marriott Rewards guy that I sought this out when I was working in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Ryan T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Boston Norwood Courtyard by Marriott. I am certainly happy that you did not have any problems at my hotel but was wondering if you could give me a little more feedback. I would love to know what we can do to make this hotel special for you. We strive to make sure that our guests all have a wonderful experience while staying with us; I look forward to any additional feedback. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to having the opportunity to host you again when you are visiting the Norwood area.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Easy check-in and long walk to the room after elevator. Room was neat and clean, but I don't enjoy rooms where TV is to side of the bed. I'm irritated by the lack of soundproofing, as other guests who return to their room chatting at 2:30AM and then set their alarm for 6AM disturb my rest and sleep, not to mention the ice machine making a racket. And then the maid knocking at the door at 9AM is yet another annoyance. If you really want rest, insist on getting a room far from others and away from ice machines, put the DO NOT DISTURB sign out and use earplugs!!

Room Tip: If you really want rest, insist on getting a room far from others and away from ice machines, put th...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Ryan T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay at the Boston Norwood Courtyard by Marriott. I am happy to hear that your check-in was easy and that your room was clean! I am very sorry to hear that you did not get much rest due to the ice machine and noise from our other guests. If you ever intend to stay here at the Boston Norwood Courtyard by Marriott again please feel free to reach out to me directly and I will be happy to make sure that your room is in a quiet area. If you would like to discuss the matter further please let me know. Thank you again for choosing the Boston Norwood Courtyard by Marriott while staying in the Norwood area.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

Very nice, neat and clean hotel. Very quite and peaceful. Rooms very clean and medium sized. Finding the elevator for the 3rd floor was not easy as you walk across the ground floor almost all the way back to find a single elevator.The ground floor has a nice TV display for local weather and other happenings. Free bananas were available. There were some computers on the ground floor and not sure if that meant free internet or not. Boarding passes could be printed out. The rates for a big city were attractive.

Why I did not give the 5 stars? No free breakfast in the morning and no free internet in the room. The hotel is slightly difficult to locate if it is late ion the evening as it is not on the main street.

Room Tip: I would suggest ground floor rooms if you do not want to walk too much to your room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Ryan T, General Manager at Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. The only thing I am disappointed about is that my staff did not explain the business center to you but I will use this review as a learning experience for my staff and that YES we do have complimentary Wi-Fi in our guest rooms and our public space! If ever traveling back to the Norwood area we hope you give us the opportunity to host you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Red Roof Inn
Red Roof Inn
#2 of 2 in Mansfield
Hilton Boston Dedham

Been to Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton? Share your experiences!