“Excellent hotel!”

Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Norwood was very reasonable, fit the 5 of us into a guest room, and was a reasonable drive into Boston. The staff were helpful and courteous. The room was clean and quiet. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stay at this hotel every summer on my 2 week trip from Florida. I have never stayed any where with warmer nicer people. Everyone knew my name by the end of my first visit and now they all welcome me back like an old family friend. I love the new lobby. It is much more comfortable. The breakfast is still delicious and I think they added some new touches. I especially like seeing Patricia each day.
I take a room near the elevator since I do not like to be far away. My room is always spotless. I like the duvet cover. The new restaurant looks great and I will try it on my next stay. I would never stay anywhere else when visiting my family and friends in Chestnut Hill, Sharon and Norwood.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here recently for 3 nights while on vacation in Boston. The hotel is very nice and the front desk staff are great. The morning breakfast was delicious with lots to choose from. The front desk staff are very informative and have prepared info sheets available to assist guests with directions to various places. The location is a short drive away from the transit system to Boston, where you can park your vehicle for $7.00 all day and transit is only $5.00 return per person and is very easy to navigate your way to downtown Boston. My only complaint is that a small fridge in the room would have been nice and to repair the caulking around the tub as there was mould present, otherwise a nice property.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and arrived early. The team here worked well to get my room ready early and invited me to wait in the breakfast room and have breakfast while I waited. The room was spacious and well appointed. The bed is amazingly comfortable. The bathroom is large in size. There is a new restaurant that is going to open at this hotel, which is an awesome feature for a Hampton Inn; I'm looking forward to returning when the restaurant is open. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed here for four nights while visiting Boston and surrounding areas. Clean hotel, good location for getting around, nice breakfast and great front deak staff. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank White04
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Modern busy Hotel just 20 minutes or so from Boston City Centre. Fantastic complimentary buffet breakfast in a lovely spacious cool restaurant. Staff very helpful, courteous and obliging. Rooms are spacious clean and have a fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, coffee maker, iron with board and hair dryer as standard.Rooms also have on demand air con which is a lifesaver in the summer heat. Adequate fitness centre and swimming pool with a hot whirlpool, pool open at unusual times.
We didn't have a hire car, long story, so had to rely on Public Transport - Commuter Rail and T. Luckily the Hotel has a courtesy mini bus that runs from early morning until 11pm and they will drop off and collect you as and when you please as long as you are patient and book in advance.
18 Hole Golf Course in the grounds, don't know how much to play. The Restaurant / Bar was closed whilst we were here but due to open 3 July 2013 - looks nice.
All in all a great Hotel with a great value price tag for a Family, great location if you have a car, equally good if using the Courtesy Bus but need to be patient as it's a popular service.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Jim k
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stayed at this hotel May 29th and had a terrible experience. At 5am I saw the bill had been slipped under the door. It was right at the door neatly lined up at right angles to the door. At noon when I woke up again the bill had been moved more than one foot from the door and was no longer lined up. Someone had ignored the Do Not Disturb card which was in the card swipe; the DND card had to be lifted out before a card swipe could be used. SOMEONE OPENED THE DOOR WHILE I WAS SLEEPING!!! I had not used the extra locks; lesson learned. Worse yet, when I reported this intrusion to the Front Desk the GM told me that it never happened! She took 30 seconds to "check with housekeeping" and repeated that it never happened. I told her how the bill had been moved and she insisted that it never happened. Unbelievable. If you have to stay here use the extra locks and don't count on the GM for professional or decent behavior.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Margaret B
HamptonBOSNWGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

I am sorry that you did not feel safe when you visited our hotel. As you can see from the other reviews about our hotel numerous travelers have found our hotel to be safe, friendly and welcoming, I recall your incident and I also recall that the Police escorted you from our property after you explained your situation to them. As I told you that day and I will assure you again, the safety of our guests is our number one concern!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Hilton Boston Dedham
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place

Been to Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood? Share your experiences!