“Average at Best - I can easily cook better”

BonCaldo Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
BonCaldo Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 111 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: We at BonCaldo feel our menu is truly unique among Italian Restaurants. This is because we are dedicated to featuring authentic offerings from all the regions of Italy. The rich aroma and flavors of authentic open wood fired grilling, fresh made pasta, and homemade desserts will make you feel as if you've not just dined out for the evening, but embarked on a voyage to Italy.
Canton, Massachusetts
“Average at Best - I can easily cook better”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

When I pay $22-25 for an entree, I expect a meal that tastes better than I can make at home in my kitchen. I am no chef and have never taken a cooking class.

I will say the scallop appetizer was quite good.

I ate both the bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and the grilled salmon and I was extremely disappointed and so was my brother. The pork was very overcooked and dry. The salmon was pretty mediocre. Like I said in the, I can easily cook a better pork tenderloin and salmon. I can even do better seasoning with my store bought spices.

My dad ordered the grilled swordfish and he didn't like it. Said it tasted like it was boiled or there was something weird about it.

The atmosphere was pretty nice.

I can see why at 7:30 on Father's Day was pretty empty. The food is far too mediocre for the cost.

I would not recommend and not going back

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Zak T

Norfolk, Massachusetts
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was my third experience at Boncaldo over the past three years. Each time invited a different occasion and each time proved to be consistently wonderful by this establishment I ordered the haddock and by companion ordered the bolognese. Both equally outstanding. We shared the tiger shrimp app and the pear salad. All wonderful. I would definitely go again and again.

• Visited June 2014
Walpole, Massachusetts, United States
“Love the appetizers and drinks at the bar”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Bon Caldo has a great bar special menu each week night. Their menu is half of the normal price and great food. We frequently go when we can get there before 6 for this great deal.

Visited May 2014
Massachusetts
“Revisit to BonCaldo”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is an attractive Italian restaurant along a busy Route 1 strip. My wife and I have been here several times over the last 5-10 years, but not recently. With a Groupon, we decided to return. With some hesitation because of mixed reviews predominantly about service.
We arrived on time but our confirmed reservation could not be found. No problem, the staff seated us right away and provided consistent, timely, attentive service. Food was very good including an eggplant appetizer and calamari. Main courses were nicely presented and very good. Prices would have been a bit high without a Groupon.
Overall, a good experience but not stand out in any way. Given the local options and locations, we are likely to return.

• Visited May 2014
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Terrible service , food was over cooked, manager was very un-apologetic . Waitress was very rude. I will never return to your restaurant again

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Nikkib923

Been to BonCaldo Ristorante? Share your experiences!