“Better service and food elsewhere!”

Minerva Indian Cuisine
Ranked #27 of 112 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2013

First off - the service is terrible! I waited 20 minutes at the restaurant on top of the 30 minutes they quoted. They told me they ran out of certain food and had to make it fresh. They "accidentally " gave me a vegetable version of a meat dish I ordered, which I didn't notice till I got home. The worst part of it all was the veggie dishes were made with what looked like frozen mixed veggies (square cut carrots, corn and green beans), the kind you buy at the supermarket in a bag in the frozen aisle. The sauces were gross too - so full of butter, cream and salt that you could cut them with a knife after they were refrigerated. I've tried this restaurant a few times and now I have had enough, there are so many better Indian restaurants out there. This one is not worth the time or money invested.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I frequently visit the buffet. Reasonably priced, large selection, and great quality. Most important to us is how helpful and kind the staff is regarding my son's food allergies.

If you like Indian food I highly recommend.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Tough to pick between pongal and this ...
Great variety of both south and north indian food
Great chicken biryani, curry
Defnetly 5*

1  Thank krishna25
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The food deserves an excellent rating - I really thought everything was especially good. We had a nice scenic view of the golf course as we had one of just a couple of tables that offered that view through the not very clean picture window. My wife and I both started with soups that we switched off on - the Madras tomato soup and the Vegetable sweet corn. We liked both a lot. Our two main dishes, which we again shared, were the Kadai Shrimp and the Lamb Vindaloo. Wow, really good and really HOT. There was more than fair warning on the menu for the Vindaloo heat. So, everything was really good, the waiter was fine, what could go wrong? Well, we also ordered two orders of onion Naan. I should have asked for one to come out with the soups but I did not - my fault. Everything came out of the kitchen very, very slowly but I can handle that. However, other than the soups, the rest came out one at a time. First the Vindaloo arrived - I would really liked to have had the Naan with it to absorb some of the heat. Then, a while later, out came the shrimp. Finally, when we were more that half finished with both main dishes, the Naan arrived. That, in my opinion, should not have happened. Summing up, do go there - the food is really good. Don't be in a rush and perhaps specify when you want your Naan and how to time the meal.

1  Thank Murray300
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had the buffet that was cold and tasteless. Every pan was full of curry but there was no meat or fish in them. I have not seen curries without chicken or fish. The floor was full of food droppings and no effort was made to clean the floor. We asked for Tea or Coffee and both were not available. One of our members even got a dirty knife. Overall it is a disgusting place and I would not eat there for free. .

1  Thank Manny P

Been to Minerva Indian Cuisine? Share your experiences!