“Great Location & Great Staff”

Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Merritt Island
“Great Location & Great Staff”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I chose this property because of it's location & value. Centrally located between the airport in Providence, Rhode Island & downtown Boston (Fenway Park). My family of four stayed on for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom suite.

Pros:
-desk personnel and staff were very friendly and accommodating
-room rate was very competitive & includes free breakfast
-room was large, ready for us and very clean
-property has things to do for kids like basketball, pool and commons area for them to horse around.

Cons:
-Breakfast area was way too small for the amount of guests attending. We could not get a seat. Had to eat in our room.
-Basketball court light wad broken and the netting was in disrepair. We played in the dark.
-Fittings for the pullout bed were incomplete. We had to use a top sheet for the base and use pillows from the main bed.
-There is construction right next door...woke up to the sound of an excavator in the morning. If you need to sleep in, request a room opposite the construction area.

Our overall impression was a positive one and we would stay at this property again.

Room Tip: While construction persists next to this property, request a room opposite this...if you need to sle...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bloomfield, New Jersey
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This property brand is as usual top of the notch and always reliable in terms of service, maintenance and amenities.

Indoor pool, great breakfast area, fast service, great people and of course very very clean.

Residence Inn will always be my hotel of choice.

Thanks guys!

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator is good.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Parker, Colorado
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Everything was terrific the staff really went above and beyond to help us I called a week before our arrival to request an upper floor and promised a second floor arriving at 7pm we got the first floor but were moved the next day only bad item- they allow pets and someone's small dog was barking at 1am and at various times am and pm the housekeeping dept needs to do more room inspections we found hair bobby pins in hide a bed and couch cushions ripped
all in all great location service for the price

• Stayed June 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 3, 2014

frequent customer used to love it . Till my son caught beetles that were actually roaches in the hallways, pool , rooms. Morning manager exceptionally rude yelling de grating embarrassing left hotel early

Room Tip: pick one not at this hotel as long as bugs and manager is still there I could of dealt with the bugs...
Green Features: like your toilet paper counted by sheets per person? this place is for you dont ask when you run out. if you like week long dirty towels complaints when you need dry ones if you like bugs that I left for and screaming manager go for it
Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank carmel157
najwamurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Please accept my sincerest apology for your recent stay with us. I have contacted our pest control company, they conducted a thorough investigation have assured me that we do not have beetles or roaches at our hotel. Your other concerns have been addresses with our staff. We take pride in our customer service and clearly we let you and ourselves down. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss this matter further.
Lindenhurst, New York
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was travelling for work and stayed here at the Residence Inn. Unfortunately, I had been given a room that was directly across from a construction site. Of course, at around 7:00 am the work started and they brought in the heavy machinery. Not exactly the way to be woken up. When I went down for breakfast, which was very good, by the way, I figured I would ask if I could switch rooms because of the construction. The young lady, whose name I did not get, was unbelievably accommodating, not only switching my room, but she offered to have someone get my things and bring them to the new room. I cant say how pleasantly surprised I was that she would do this. She also sent up a nice bag of snacks with a note apologizing for my inconvenience! This hotel is not only very clean and very comfortable, the hospitality of the staff just is awesome. I will definitely be coming back!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Larry H
Woodstock, New Hampshire
Reviewed March 31, 2014

After driving 3 hours to attend a funeral I arrived a little early for check in. I worked in hospitality for decades and have never come upon a staff so friendly and accommodating. Not only did they check me in early not one even questioned why they just did it. As I opened the door to this beautiful room the first thing I noticed was how sparkling clean the room was. Housekeeping here is by far superior than most hotels I have ever visited. As I have many relatives in this area there will be no question if I ever need a hotel in this area again it will be here at the Residence Inn Boston Norwood. Well Done folks. I would give your entire staff 10 stars if it would allow!!! Thank You for making a not so comforting event feel comfortable.

Room Tip: There is MUCH construction around the adjoining properties right now so rooms on the wall away from...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Joseph B
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We chose the Residence Inn in Norwood as a mid point to Ikea. Patriot Place and the Wrentham Outlets. The facilities and room are great and the staff was even better! Worthy of mention is Matthew, the front desk person who greeted us as we walked in the door. We will be back!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roehmjef
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place

Been to Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton? Share your experiences!