“Excellent breakfast, loud room, bed too soft”

Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Homer
“Excellent breakfast, loud room, bed too soft”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

The property is clean and well maintained. The staff were very polite and welcoming. The breakfast area was very good - I rank the quality of hot foods above other similar hotel offerings and found the yogurt fruit granola parfait an excellent addition. This area was also constantly maintained and attended to.

The room was also very clean and generally comfortable. My disappointment comes from the very thin walls. I was listening to conversations from the rooms on either side of mine and realized those people were not talking loud, it was just thin walls. I was also disturbed by noise from the room above. To some degree this problem can be expected and as long as the travelers are business people the noise is kept to a minimum; I can accept this, but really, compared to other hotels I typically stay at the noise level here was too much.

My other complaint is the bed mattress was too soft as were all the pillows, and the sheets were thin (cheap). I awoke with a knot in my shoulder. I prefer a firmer mattress and pillow. These criticisms are due to my personal sleep preferences so I would hope some readers could see this as a positive based on their own needs, but I would not be able to stay here for more than 1 night if I were on an extended trip.

There are also a number of very good restaurants nearby including Siam Lotus Thai and a TGI Fridays within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Boomerang025
najwamurphy, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
Thank you for the nice compliments. I am very proud of the wonderful team we have and I am so glad you found them to be friendly and accomodating. I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast; the parfaits are my favorate as well. Your comfort is our number one priority, your feed back is very helpful in improving our services. We hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
bayshore ny
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Studio was huge. Only 2 of us but could fit family of 4 easily. Very Clean, Kitchen set up for 4 people'full sized Fridge. large microwave and 2 burner stove. We were there to see grandaughter play lacrosse at Gilette Stadium. Lots of shopping and places to dine in area

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cct13
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay!

We hope to see you again soon!
Ohio
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here one night as we were visiting Boston University. The hotel was clean and adequate. Compare to other residence inns, the breakfast was lacking. The furniture and decor could use some updating.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice comments about the cleanliness of our hotel. Your feedback regarding our breakfast has been very helpful and we have added some great additions to our buffet you're sure to love. We hope to see you again soon!
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks while conducting a training session in their meeting room. The hotel is exceptionally clean and they bent over backwards to make sure my training room was in order every day. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom has a dedicated heater so the temperature is always cozy for a shower in the morning.

Room Tip: Room 201 was right next to the stairs. It was quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice compliments about our wonderful staff and hotel. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in the near future!
Huntington, New York
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Upon receiving word of a death in the family, I needed to book a hotel room for that same evening. I was able to get a nice suite with a king size bed. I checked in at 11:00 pm on a Tuesday night and checked out at 11:00 am the next morning. The room was clean and the free breakfast was convenient. My only complaint was that the bed seemed to sag in the middle and my wife and I felt like we were rolling downhill during the night. Other than that it was perfect for a short stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Please accept our condolences for your loss. We take great pride in maintaining the cleanliness our our hotel, your compliments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for pointing out your dissatisfaction with the comfort of your bed. We have since replaced the mattress. We hope if your travels bring you back to the area that you will honor us with your presence!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Had a nice time at this Marriot like the fact it has a kitchen,not far from main road with plenty of dining options,the beds are very comfy all and all had a nice stay at this property.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed Saturday night to be close to Boston for a visit to the MFA on Sunday. The staff at check-in was friendly. We had a king suite on the third floor that had plenty of room for two. The room was quiet with two flat-screen TV sets. The room was facing the back parking lot so we didn’t have any noise from Route 1.

The area felt safe and there were lots of restaurants nearby. Walpole Mall, Gillette Stadium and Patriot Place are just down the street.

Breakfast was the usual scrambled eggs, red potatoes, sausage. Make your own waffle. Lots of breads available. Pretty good.

My only complaint was the mattress. It was a little too firm for me, not much spring.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Homewood Suites by Hilton Boston/Canton, MA
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place

Been to Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton? Share your experiences!