“great stay as always”

Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Norwood
Reviewed November 11, 2011

This was our second stay at this particular hotel. And this time was no different then the last time. A great hotel and a great location. This time we were here for 4 nights in a one bedroom king suite. Great size, full fridge, full stove, microwave, large king bed and pull out couch. Hot breakfast each morning, eggs, waffles, sausage, potatoes, yogurts, bagels, etc, enough food to definitely kick start your day. There is a small indoor pool which we didnt use plus a workout centre. There is many restaurants close to this hotel, all along Providence highway. We had no issues with the front desk or cleaning staff. Room was always clean when we got back to it. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed here a few years ago, and we really like the Norwood location. The Residence Inn is surrounded by a nice walking area (and a pond!) and it is an easy walk to nearby restaurants. Whenever, we can choose not to drive, we are happy. This visit, we had a very nice clean room, and we found the staff at the front desk especially helpful and friendly. We needed some extra items in our room and as it was evening, I went downstairs to ask for them. Five minutes later, I went back upstairs and I had all the needed items with me. When we asked if there was an easier way to get to the Fine Arts Museum in Boston (have been there four times, and have gotten lost four times!), directions were drawn up to lead us to the commuter train and everything explained on how to make this an easy outing. And it was! Could not find the tiniest fault about the front desk staff. They were super !
Breakfast is included, and it is an okay breakfast with quite a few choices. We stayed there 5 nights, and every morning there was something different on the buffet. Also, they have what they call a "Social Hour" on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. FREE DINNER !!! It is called "Social Hour" but very few guests sit in the dining room. Most just load up trays and take them to their rooms. And this was the only unpleasant aspect of our stay here. No one is there to supervise (everything is set up and it's self-service), so TOO many people come in and take TOO much, leaving almost nothing for those sitting there. We saw one big guy come in and load ALL the brownies (there were at least 3 dozen on the tray!) into a Styrofoam container and take them back to his room. Nobody wants to challenge these rude people, but then again, it is so unfair to those of us who came to eat in the dining area. Another person came with a plastic shopping bag and loaded up all the bagels and Philadelphia Cream Cheese packets into the bag, and then took them out to his car. What's with these people? They were all guests at this hotel, yet they acted as if they were starving to death. We have never encountered this type of situation anywhere else.
There is only one elevator here for so many rooms, yet there does not seem to be a problem. All waits are short. Pets are welcome here, and we saw quite a few very well behaved four legged guests.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NYU62
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I'm fairly picky and found this to be a nice, clean hotel. Was great for traveling with children. The sofabed was fine for the kids. The pool was nice but was closed the first day due to cleaning. Sport court was good for the kids to get some fresh air. Breakfast was good. Evening reception was ok if you're not too picky. It saved us from buying dinner for the kids for 3 nights. Location is convenient to restaurants, shopping and Boston. We had one minor problem with our closet and the staff fixed it promptly and provided us a "I'm sorry for inconvenience" card and snack box. That was classy and unexpected. If we're in the area again, we will stay here.

Reviewed August 30, 2011

The hotel is OK. It has a big swimming pool and hot tub. Breakfast is good. We booked one-bed room suite and found that one-bed room suite has the same size as studio. But the wall between bed-room and living room cut the space in half and make the room layout really inconvenient. So, I will suggest studio over one-bed room so there's more space to put your stuff. BTW, there is no ice machine in the hotel. You can make ice using in-room refrigerator. If you need ice for your big cooler, you can get from kitchen. Other than the hotel hardware, the management made me a little bit uncomfortable. First, when I booked, I had checked "Early Checkin" because I knew we were going to be there around lunch time. When I approached to the front desk, I was told the earliest check-in time was 3 PM. But 15 minutes later, the manager called and said our room was available. I am appreciated for their help but if she could told me when I was there I wouldn't need to waste my time driving around. The second thing, the manager didn't know the hotel's layout. She pointed wrong direction where the room is. And I asked the manager if I could get upgrade to two bed room suite because I was Marriott's Platinum Elite member. She said all room were booked so there were no room for upgrade. When I checked online, there were still two-bed room suites in this properties available. All these minor issues makes me feel bad about the management team.

Room Tip: Choose studio over one-bed room. They have the same size but studio has better room layout.
Reviewed August 2, 2011

If you're travelling with children, or a business executive on an extended trip, this hotel is ideal! This is a new or newer facility off the main street, but close to major freeways. The room we stayed in was a two bedroom/bath with a living room & kitchenette. Each room has a flat screen TV. The facility had an indoor swimming pool ( I assume a hot tub), and outside a table and grill were available if you wanted to have a picnic. Breakfast was included. Check in and out was a breeze, and a very curteous staff was onhand for suggestions and directions. My only peeeve was that the rooms had smoke detectors that blinked every couple of seconds all night long. I absolutely would stay here again!

1  Thank Robert Y
Reviewed November 21, 2010

I stayed with my wife and three kids (ages 2, 5, 10) for three days. Upon check in we were supposed to get a one room suite but because of some additional availability at the hotel, they upgraded us to a two room suite for free. Breakfast was included each day which included both hot and cold items. While traveling back to the hotel on one of our days out, we noticed a water main break on the highway leading up to the hotel. We were concerned about whether or not we would have water pressure but thankfully there was no interruption. Even better was that when my wife went down to the front desk to ask a question, they offered her 4 free bottles of water just in case there was an interruption in water service. I am not in Norwood often, but would have no concerns about staying there again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JasonWright_10
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This was our first experience of Residence Inns and we were impressed, even though the rates were above our usual budget. This hotel was excellent with lovely bright spaceous rooms with good quality furnishings. The facilities were excellent and breakfast was abundant and varied. There was an "evening social" which took place in the breakfast area, offering excellent hamburgers and hot dogs, french fries, nachos with dips and fresh fruit and cup cakes. An excellent end to a day of travelling. The area is a mix of commercial and industrial properties but the hotel is in a very attractive setting surrounded by green lawns, even the numerous geese grazing on them were impressed. We wished we could have stayed longer but the road was awaiting us.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank turkeyrun23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norwood
Hampton Inn Boston-Norwood
The Four Points by Sheraton Norwood Hotel & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Norwood-Boston Area
Courtyard Boston Norwood/Canton
Hilton Garden Inn Foxborough Patriot Place
Hilton Boston Dedham

Been to Residence Inn Boston Norwood/Canton? Share your experiences!