“Great food and service”
Review of Sky

Sky
Reserve with OpenTable
Sky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 112 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Route 1 South
Description: At Sky, our focus is and always has been on creating great fun American food. The intrinsic design of our dining room and lounge creates an atmosphere of fun casual dining. Sky opened in Sudbury, Massachusetts in October 1997. Sky's mission was to create a city-style restaurant in the suburbs that offered a contemporary, innovative menu with friendly, professional service in a casual, yet sophisticated ambiance. The tremendous success of the first Sky prompted the opening of the second Sky in Norwood, Massachusetts in June 2002. Now open almost seven years, Sky in Norwood has enhanced our reputation for quality, sophisticated dining in the suburbs. 2007 prompted the opening of our 3rd restaurant: 3-Restaurant located in Franklin, Massachusetts eat*drink*celebrate.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were in a party of six on s Saturday night and we had a very good waiter. The wine was good and the food was delicious. A bit pricey but good for special occasions.

3  Thank bluebirds77

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We used a coupon on a Saturday night. We got two apps which were very good--chicken satay and beef wontons. Our waiter never gave us any bread. We were in no rush to order, so I don't know what the problem was. Entrees were okay to bad-- I got the thai shrimp and my husband got the steak. My shrimp was smothered in rice and sauce--not worth the price. We did get a nice bottle of wine but passed on dessert because I didn't want to be disappointed again. Why people bring their young children out on a Saturday night at 8:00 p.m. I still am questioning, "Why?" Please leave your young babies at home and get a babysitter or go to TGIF right down the street. We will not be going back. Not worth it even with a coupon.

1  Thank tankini27
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We attended another event last night at the Herb Chambers Lexus dealership and Sky provided the catering. Similar format....music, food and beverages. The food was similar to the last event and was as delicious as our first time. The table had marinated mushrooms, crudite, artichoke salad, frommage and charcuterie platters, a tortellini salad and olives. The passed hors d'oeuvres were a delicious and spicy tomato soup with grilled cheese bite shooter (my favorite of the night), sliders (with bacon and lots of toppings), tuna tartare, and caesar salad bites. A new item (or at least we don't remember it from last event) was a BLT bite, served on a spoon....slab bacon, butter lettuce and a tomato jam (I didn't eat it but husband thought it was very tasty and interesting, concept and presentation)

Great food again!

2  Thank Nikko4Me
Reviewed August 21, 2012

While the lounge is a gorgeous spot to meet for appetizers & cocktails, the dinners do tend to be a bit on the pricey side. Everything is absolutely delicious, though.

2  Thank Marion C
Reviewed August 13, 2012

When I first moved to Norwood in 2006, Sky was THE place for dining in Norwood. You could get Steaks, Seafood, and innovative pasta dishes served in a richly decorated dining room by servers who were knowledgeable and were not just turning tables. It was the kind of place you went for a special night out. Fast forward to present times and Sky is unfortunately a shell of what it was. It still has the same richly decorated dining room and waterfall, but it now serves glorified bar food at a premium price and features servers that are clearly inexperienced. In my most recent visit, I had to ask 3 times to get a refill for my water and twice for some lemon wedges. I can appreciate that the economy took a massive toll on dining establishments and the ownership needed to keep with the times. However, the food and service do not match the reputation that Sky had in the community. As much as it pains me to say, if you are looking for fine dining there are better options within the area.

Been to Sky? Share your experiences!