“A Very Nice Midweek Dinner Date” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sky

Sky
Reserve with OpenTable
Sky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 111 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Route 1 South
Description: At Sky, our focus is and always has been on creating great fun American food. The intrinsic design of our dining room and lounge creates an atmosphere of fun casual dining. Sky opened in Sudbury, Massachusetts in October 1997. Sky's mission was to create a city-style restaurant in the suburbs that offered a contemporary, innovative menu with friendly, professional service in a casual, yet sophisticated ambiance. The tremendous success of the first Sky prompted the opening of the second Sky in Norwood, Massachusetts in June 2002. Now open almost seven years, Sky in Norwood has enhanced our reputation for quality, sophisticated dining in the suburbs. 2007 prompted the opening of our 3rd restaurant: 3-Restaurant located in Franklin, Massachusetts eat*drink*celebrate.
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Very Nice Midweek Dinner Date”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

The was our first time dining here. We came at 7:30 on a Wednesday night, plenty of space in the dining room. We had a very comfortable booth. Nice atmosphere, low, subtle lights, water fall in the background, overall a quiet dining room. The menu has a nice variety. You can have a full dinner with some tasty options, or go lighter and have a dinner salad, wood-fired pizza, burger or sandwich. We started with a wood-fired pizza topped with Prosciutto, Fig, cheese, arugula, and balsamic reduction. It was quiet tasty. As an appetizer, it was more than enough and we took 1/2 home. For dinner we had T-Bone Lamb Chops with potato gnocchi and veggie ragout, very good. I had Pan Seared Sea Scollops with 5 cheese tortellini, tomatoes, scallions an onions. It was delicious, and very rich. I could barely finish it. The entrees are not served with vegetables, so we ordered a side of spinach. Service was very attentive and well paced. It was a fairly expensive meal (expensive for the suburbs) when you add it all up. There are also other options if you want to keep the cost lower. I would return at some point. It has a nice selection of entrees, good service and nice ambiance.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gwardbeeler

MA
“"all you can eat brunch" treat for everyone”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stopped in here one Sunday early afternoon and found that this place was serving an "all you can eat" brunch. We were hungry and they had many offerings...at a rather high price for the area (our kids were half price). Many people were celebrating occasions and others just out to enjoy family time. There was live music playing on and off a large water fall flowing and the other room had the food. My kids immediately fell in love with the towering chocolate fountain with many dessert treats around it. There were chefs cooking custom eggs/omelets, Belgian waffles and pancakes. The servers would even bring it over if you didn't want to wait. The other food selection was also good and usual brunch fare. The best part was the service. Flawless!!! I am picky about this and they were great from bringing what we needed to not coming over to much.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaSunseeker
Boston, MA
“Excellent Food, Great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I have eaten here 7 or 8 times. The food is always excellent and service is great.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank travelbugMA12
Boston, Massachusetts
“Consistently a Great Place to Dine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have to say that of all my 54 years, Sky Restaurant in Norwood, MA has been the most consistent dining experience thus far. The food is excellent in quality and presentation and fit for just about any palate out there. The atmosphere has a classic charm that is welcoming to small or large parties. The bar area is lively and with the fireplace it provides an excellent dining ambience, as well, the main dining area with the waterfall and unique sconce lighting provides a different look. While sitting near the waterfall can be a bit noisy, it is not too loud as to ruin a conversation.

The waitstaff is well versed in their offerings and they are willing to make some changes to ensure that you are happy with the meal. Of course, with frequency you will get to know the waitstaff and they will know you as well. They want you in all earnest to have a wonderful experience with the food and service.

I have heard rave reviews about the Sunday brunch, so I am looking forward to enjoying that as well myself. I promise you will be back more than once, so be sure to sign up for a Sky card to as well enjoy their dining points program.

Bon Appetit.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank curtinj
Chesapeake, VA
“Very good food, great staff, prices not bad for the area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stop here for dinner after a recommendation from Heather at the Courtyard in Norwood. She even gave me a coupon good for a free app. I sat at the bar so I cannot comment on the waitstaff or dining rooms.
The bar was outstanding. Carrie and Becky were hustling on a busy night. I was promptly greeted with a friendly smile and my drink order taken.
The menu is pretty extensive, I choose the strip steak with a baked potato. I also had raw oysters with my coupon. I previewed an order of the tuna nachos, they looked great.
The steak was perfect. The baked potato not so much, it was kinda cold. Carrie immediately asked about the meal and had a new potato out in just a couple minutes.
This is a very nice and relax bar for dinner. I would strongly recommend giving it a try if you are in the Norwood area.

• Visited May 2012
4 Thank Red d

Been to Sky? Share your experiences!