“Great Decor-Not So Great Food”
Review of Sky

Sky
Reserve with OpenTable
Sky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 111 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: On Route 1 South
Description: At Sky, our focus is and always has been on creating great fun American food. The intrinsic design of our dining room and lounge creates an atmosphere of fun casual dining. Sky opened in Sudbury, Massachusetts in October 1997. Sky's mission was to create a city-style restaurant in the suburbs that offered a contemporary, innovative menu with friendly, professional service in a casual, yet sophisticated ambiance. The tremendous success of the first Sky prompted the opening of the second Sky in Norwood, Massachusetts in June 2002. Now open almost seven years, Sky in Norwood has enhanced our reputation for quality, sophisticated dining in the suburbs. 2007 prompted the opening of our 3rd restaurant: 3-Restaurant located in Franklin, Massachusetts eat*drink*celebrate.
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Used to eat here regularly & have a Sky frequent diners card. Nice location-ample parking.Decorated nicely with a beautiful indoor fountain. Ambitious menu--but, the quality just doesn't cut it. Took a large group for lunch--very slow service & nobody cleaned their plate. Great bar scene on weekends. You would probably get a better meal next door at Bon Caldo--even if it's not so fancy.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

Sky is very cosmopolitan; its decor, menu and service are quite sophisticated. I have entertained a number of clients at lunch here and all have enjoyed the experience. The lunch menu offers a variety of options from "heavy" appetizers, soups, salads, sandwiches and entrees. On this visit, I had the Farmers Chopped Salad, while others enjoyed a salmon entree, risotto and pizza. All were very good. Sky is definitely worth a try.

2  Thank thelesstraveledroad
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We have been here multiple times due to gift cards and I think it's definitely not worth it! The last time we attempted to eat here, there had to be at least a 1/2 dozen of fruit fly flying around our food and drinks! I have yet to be impressed by Sky!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I recently had dinner at Sky using a Groupon. I purchased two so we will go back at some point, and feel it's worth another go because the food has promise. My first visit was for brunch in Dec. 2011 with a friend and the atmosphere is really nice, airy and modern with a beautiful mod waterfall in the main dining room. Many of the brunch items were very good.
When my husband and I had dinner there this month, we had the Southern fried pickle appetizer and a couple of oysters Rockefeller. The remoulade with the pickles was flavorful though the pickles too bready and greasy. Oysters Rockefeller had room for improvement - too creamy without much flavor and didn't really compliment the oysters. Plate presentation for the apps could improve by the addition of mesclun greens, sprinkle of fresh flat leaf parsley, etc. Entrees selected were lemon chicken - my husband opted for mashed potatoes instead of the Parmesan risotto it was to be served with, and felt that the risotto probably would have been the better choice to offset how lemony the chicken was, though it was cooked nicely (and he ate all of it!). Green beans with his entree cooked just right - crisp, not overdone. I had the spicy fish tacos on the recommendation of our server Chris and he did not steer me wrong! I couldn't decide between a few items and he did a great job explaining the dishes and why he recommend the fish tacos. I lived in Hawaii and have had my share of them and these were quite tasty with a combination of Cajun spiced fish and slaw-type veggies in three flour tortillas skewered with a lime wedge. There was a cilantro lime crema on the side that was really good and was a great foil to the spicy fish and also as a dipping sauce for the crispy tortilla chips accompanying the tacos.
CHRIS WAS A TERRIFIC SERVER! Friendly, attentive, sense of humor, knows the menu since he has been there off and on for 10 years (I think). As a first impression, he was a great representative for Sky. I worked in hotel management for several years including training food and beverage staff - I would hire him in a minute!

2  Thank Debi M
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We went to an event at Herb Chambers Lexus dealership and Sky provided the catering. The table of appetizers had marinated mushrooms, crudite, artichoke salad, frommage and charcuterie platters, and olives. The passed hors d'oeuvres were a delicious and spicy tomato soup with grilled cheese bite shooter, sliders, tuna tartare, and caesar salad bites. The food and service were amazing and would definitely go to the restaurant based on what we had here.

3  Thank Nikko4Me

Been to Sky? Share your experiences!