“Best Burgers I have ever had”

Lewis Restaurant & Grille
Ranked #12 of 111 Restaurants in Norwood
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We have our "original" main bar and grille open daily for lunch and dinner. Lewis' now features our Grille Room Restaurant open Tuesday thru Thursday for dinner (4pm-close), Friday and Saturday lunch and dinner (11am-close), Sunday for brunch and dinner (10am-close). Come and see why Lewis' is greater Norwoods favorite meeting place. Fresh squeezed orange juice for our Famous "OVC" and "screwdrivers"-Keno-all sporting events. Home of the world famous "Lewis Burger" and "Bucket".
Graz, Austria
“Best Burgers I have ever had”
Reviewed September 3, 2011

You have to have a lewis burger at lewis's. I dont think I have had a better burger either before or since I have visited Lewis's. It is really a bar where and very working class but the burgers are really worth the visit.
The photo on the website is not what the bar looks like, there are no windows and there is tv screens everywhere showing sports.

• Visited October 2010

Florida
“Excellent hamburger, throwback bar”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

I'd read about Lewis' in an article about best burgers in the area. Went here on a Wednesday afternoon around 2 pm. Good sign that the bar was filled with patrons enjoying the food and there were a few more people at tables. First, you have to know what you're getting into here. There is a restaurant side that's open at night, but we were in the bar. The bar is long, narrow and dark--not a window in the place. The staff were so very welcoming and friendly. Definitely a nice neighborhood serious joint feel. We felt like we were neighbors even though we'd never set foot in the place before. We ordered a couple of burgers and beers. The burgers are cooked right in front of you behind the bar. The burgers were excellent (and I eat burgers everywhere). They were juicy, moist, chargrilled and large. The bun was a soft kaiser roll. We had the sweet potato fries which were generous in portion, but frozen waffle fries. We also had the cole slaw, which was a large bowl of cole slaw, not some skimpy side cup. They make it in-house. We also had a green salad, which was fresh and tasty, but made with iceberg lettuce (we knew, so no surprise here) and good serving of veggies. On the walls are a couple of velvet paintings of naked women, which just amused me and didn't seem to bother all the other female patrons in the place. There are TV's going all over, all tuned to sports channels. They have a keno game running and there's a guy in a booth to sell you lottery tickets and cash out your keno winnings. He was a little grumpy, but the bar staff made up for him big time. If they had homemade fries, I'd give this place an excellent. It's a real bar--kind of what I remember as a "blue-collar" bar from my youth.

Visited July 2011

Been to Lewis Restaurant & Grille? Share your experiences!